PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct Saturday 11-8

SAL
11-08-2003, 11:35 AM
Here are my Aqueduct picks for Saturday :

R1 - #7 Tio Cavito-Trainer does well with the route/sprint move, and he’s run well at this track in the past. I have knocks against the other ML favs in this race.

R2 - #1 Open Flirt-Not likely to play this one except in a DD. Well bred filly should dust these if she can run at all. The ones that have run don’t interest me much.

R3 - #5 Heavenly Kevin-I’m seeing this race as a rematch between this horse and #1 Hogan’s Spirit, and I like him to turn the tables today.

R4 - #10 Grindtime-Something must have gone amiss in her last race a year ago. Returns with a solid worktab. She ran a good one in her debut, so running fresh is not a problem.

R5 - #7 For Love and Honor-I’m puzzled by the high ML on this horse. He’s 4/14 at 7F, 3/36 at all other distances. His 3 races at AQU at this distance would put him right there with the ML favs. He’s had excuses in his last 5 races. May not run a step, but he’s my play in this race.

R6 - #11-Move to outside post will probably do wonders for this horse. It’s said that some firsters get intimidated running inside, and if that’s the case I look for this one to move up.

R7 – Pass. Even if Bossanova falls apart on the front end again it may be enough to smoke this field.

R8 - #10 Courting Concorde-Showed he could win without the lead last time when he cruised home after inheriting the lead. I can’t find anyone in here that can step with him early on, so he’s the play.

R9 – Pass.

R10 - #1 Bankers Mint-Only time she got a clean start, she won. Drops to rock bottom, gets a new jock. Price should be decent.