PDA

View Full Version : Is NBC Atheist

Frank DeMartini
06-24-2011, 01:34 PM
I just wrote this article about NBC's censorship of the "Pledge of Allegiance". Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/2011/06/is-nbc-controlled-by-atheists/

Robert Goren
06-24-2011, 01:38 PM
All big corporations are agnostic.

DJofSD
06-24-2011, 02:12 PM
All big corporations are agnostic.
Did you even bother to click on the link and read the title of the article?

Greyfox
06-24-2011, 03:26 PM
You've written an excellent piece and the inclusion of Red Skelton was brilliant.

However, you said:
"And, yet there are no reports and very few articles on the web taking a stance against NBC or its actions."

There were plenty of comments about it in this forum.

Frank DeMartini
06-24-2011, 03:56 PM
I am sorry Greyfox, I did not see them. I wish I did.

Greyfox
06-24-2011, 04:00 PM
I am sorry Greyfox, I did not see them. I wish I did.

This link should take you to them.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84479&highlight=Pledge

Hank
06-24-2011, 04:08 PM
I just wrote this article about NBC's censorship of the "Pledge of Allegiance". Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/2011/06/is-nbc-controlled-by-atheists/

I'm sure God is outraged by this.He will surely appreciate your attention to this matter while 30,000 kids are dying from malnutrition and preventable disease everyday.

Robert Goren
06-24-2011, 04:19 PM
Did you even bother to click on the link and read the title of the article? Yes, I did.

riskman
06-24-2011, 05:45 PM
I'm sure God is outraged by this.He will surely appreciate your attention to this matter while 30,000 kids are dying from malnutrition and preventable disease everyday.

In the U.S.A.? We are talking about why NBC left out "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance.What is God doing to feed those hungry kids or will opening your wallet bring faster relief.

bigmack
06-24-2011, 05:49 PM
You're always such a downer, Hank. Who said anything about God being outraged?

boxcar
06-25-2011, 10:49 PM

I think Hank believes God is outraged at everyone for everything, except Hank. It's his way of making himself feel good, while at the same time acknowledging the existence of God (which in itself is probably a miracle). :D

Boxcar

Hank
06-25-2011, 11:45 PM

I should have added :rolleyes: to my post to convey the sarcasm intended.

Hank
06-25-2011, 11:53 PM
I think Hank believes God is outraged at everyone for everything, except Hank. It's his way of making himself feel good, while at the same time acknowledging the existence of God (which in itself is probably a miracle). :D

Boxcar

No you don't.;)

dav4463
06-26-2011, 11:16 PM
I think "under God" should be taken out of the Pledge of Allegiance. In fact, we should just do away with the Pledge all together. It is obvious that we are no longer a nation "under God". We have banned school prayers. We do not allow references to God or Jesus to be displayed prominently anymore and I would say more than half the country has no allegiance to the United States anymore either.

Why continue with the farce?

PaceAdvantage
06-26-2011, 11:22 PM
sadly, you have a point...let's hope it doesn't get to that point...

FantasticDan
06-26-2011, 11:36 PM
As Justice O'Connor wrote in her 2004 opinion, "Whatever the sectarian ends its authors may have had in mind, our continued repetition of the reference to 'one Nation under God' in an exclusively patriotic context has shaped the cultural significance of that phrase to conform to that context. Any religious freight the words may have been meant to carry originally has long since been lost."