PDA

View Full Version : creating stats

LOU M.
11-08-2003, 10:48 AM
Would it be possible to create your own trainer and pedigree stats from formulator or bris files.Looking to sort them in different ways such as dirt sprint or turf route, by meet etc.Pedigree by each of the last x number of days for say FTS or 1st turf etc.

Larry Hamilton
11-08-2003, 11:39 AM
nuttin to it, child's play

LOU M.
11-08-2003, 11:58 AM
Would need it to be as automated as possible.Would also need it to call up all applicable stats for each trainer for each race similar to what is done in the PPs now, same withthe pedigree.

Larry Hamilton
11-08-2003, 12:29 PM
still childs play--there's probably 50 guys in here who can handle it...

Larry Hamilton
11-08-2003, 12:41 PM
I mis-spoke..I can do it with 60 bucks a month TSN files not BRIS (too expensive) or Formulator (never even tried, too damned expensive)

Tom
11-08-2003, 03:09 PM
OK, I download a significant number of BRIS files and exotic results charts to use with ESROI.
As long I have them, I might as well get maximum use from them.
If I start a db and have one table for the BRIS PP files and one for the results charts, I know I can somehow link them, but is there a faily easy way to make some queries abou tthe races, like win percent and roi of the top ranked PP horse? Or how to horse ranked 1 ro 2 ES do in sprints? Things like that.
Somehow, you have to scratch horse from the pre-race table, but can this be done automatically using the chart table?

Larry Hamilton
11-08-2003, 04:24 PM
if you have a results table, a set of pps, and Access. I can probably talk you thru it. DO you have those things?

Tom
11-08-2003, 05:55 PM
Larry,
I have the PP files and results files. I have not put them into Access yet.
I will start doing that this weekend. Just enough to get started-I always go back and put the other kazillion in later!:eek:
Been thinking about that recetnly-why not use the stuff I alread bought.

Tom

Larry Hamilton
11-08-2003, 06:04 PM
thats excactly the reason I was attracted to Nathan's work--multiple use of data I was buying

Larry Hamilton
11-08-2003, 06:06 PM
the easiest way is to make you a template....with one or two each of pps and results...baby sitting right now..will do as I can

Tom
11-09-2003, 02:03 AM
Well, so much for just poppng in a few files.
After I unzip the single data file and the xrd result files, their extensions are .drf and .xrd, neither of which will import into Access. I downloaded the coma2 utility file from BRIS, but the output is not in comma delimeted format.
So how do I get these bad boys into Acces to begin with?

Brian Flewwelling
11-09-2003, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by LOU M.
Would it be possible to create your own trainer and pedigree stats from formulator or bris files.Looking to sort them in different ways such as dirt sprint or turf route, by meet etc.Pedigree by each of the last x number of days for say FTS or 1st turf etc.

I have extracted Trainer Profiles from Equibase Charts. I am willing to share them. And I could share the Access table. if you are interested in that send me a PM

Fleww

Larry Hamilton
11-09-2003, 03:20 PM
doesn't take two, I'll butt out

Handle
11-09-2003, 04:28 PM
Tom,

I think 4.0 will do a lot of what you're looking to do via the new SPAT, the "connections analysis" reports, and the profiler itself. I'd say it would do everything that you wanted to do, but everyone always wants to do something different. F or example, while combinations are still supported (how do horses with Best E1 and Best E2 do), you still can not put together your own extensive queries of arbitrary factors. For example, you won't be able to ask - through the EquiSim interface - howwell the horse that won the sim AND had the Best E1 AND had a trainer with a 35% or better win Percentage WITH horses that won the SIM performs over a given set of races.

I know you're waiting for 4.0 to come out of beta - and I was hoping to get that done today (but don't hold your breath).

-n