PDA

View Full Version : A BO gaffe..ok...BUT THIS???

newtothegame
06-23-2011, 11:38 PM
How many Medal of Honor's has this guy (BO) given out??? Do ya think he could at least get the dead one's right?? Geeze :mad:

Obama Flubs Speech to Troops By Claiming Dead Soldier is Alive
Posted on June 23, 2011 at 7:28pm
“Throughout my service, first as a senator and then as a presidential candidate and then as a President, I’ve always run into you guys. And for some reason it’s always in some rough spots.

First time I saw 10th Mountain Division, you guys were in southern Iraq. When I went back to visit Afghanistan, you guys were the first ones there. I had the great honor of seeing some of you because a comrade of yours, Jared Monti, was the first person who I was able to award the Medal of Honor to who actually came back and wasn’t receiving it posthumously.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/obama-flubs-speech-to-troops-by-claiming-dead-soldier-is-alive/

"The only issue is that Jared Monti died in service in Afghanistan, and did in fact receive the medal posthumously."

PaceAdvantage
06-23-2011, 11:44 PM
Don't worry, I hear Paul Revere is all the rage these days, so Obama's safe in that regard as far as gaffes go. :rolleyes:

newtothegame
06-23-2011, 11:48 PM
Sorry, but these are the gaffes (at a PLANNED event) that are just terrible. I would think he wasnt speaking from the cuff......
ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE! :ThmbDown:

PaceAdvantage
06-23-2011, 11:57 PM
It doesn't matter...Paul Revere is where it's at...haven't you heard?

ElKabong
06-24-2011, 01:19 AM
"Corpse Man"....now this. Obama is an embarrassment

bigmack
06-24-2011, 01:52 AM
Shouldn't someone be coming along telling us about a history lesson gone awry?

newtothegame
06-24-2011, 01:54 AM
I keep waiting for one of our resident libs to come and spin this.....

Tom
06-24-2011, 07:38 AM
What a POS this moron is.
He is an embarrassment to our nation and is not fit to clean the latrines of our troops.

GD B. HUSSEIN Obama.

ArlJim78
06-24-2011, 08:05 AM
It's not like this stuff is even important to him, or that he makes any effort to get the facts right. He's more concerned about getting away on time for his next fundraising getaway, or figuring out what his tee time should be this weekend. If its not on the prompter or cue cards then he's toast.

thaskalos
06-24-2011, 08:16 AM
What a terrible message to send out to these young men and women, who are asked to make the ultimate sacrifice...

A President who decides to make a point about a particular soldier...but can't even bother to find out if the soldier was killed in battle or not.

Unbelievable...

newtothegame
06-24-2011, 08:45 AM
What a terrible message to send out to these young men and women, who are asked to make the ultimate sacrifice...

A President who decides to make a point about a particular soldier...but can't even bother to find out if the soldier was killed in battle or not.

Unbelievable...

Especially since it was HE who awarded him the medal of honor!

Tom
06-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Bush was genuinely concerned with the families of our troops, and when he was here in Rochester a few years back, he put his entire schedule back over two hours because he was visiting some who had lost their children, and he would not rush it - he stayed with them as long as they wanted to talk.
Several were interviewed on local TV and expressed deep gratitude for the time and compassion he gave them.

Contrast that with this POS who's new mission in the Middle East is nothing more than Operation Re-election.

Dave Schwartz
06-24-2011, 09:47 AM
It doesn't matter...Paul Revere is where it's at...haven't you heard?

PA,

OK. I'll bite. What about Paul Revere?

Dave

cj's dad
06-24-2011, 10:27 AM
PA,

OK. I'll bite. What about Paul Revere?

Dave

He's referring to the Sarah Palin "gaffe" re: Revere

Tom
06-24-2011, 10:31 AM
Fits the agenda.
Dissing our troops does, too.

witchdoctor
06-24-2011, 09:23 PM
This gaffe reminds me of a story in my medical training. We were making rounds when the attending physician walks in the patient's room and says "Mr Jones, We got your biopsy back and I have good news for you." The fellow interrupts and says he has cancer. Without missing beat, the attending says "You have cancer but we can cure it."

Unfortunately, the cancer the poor soul had was not curable.

benzer
06-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Another screw up from a president (Obama) using a teleprompter without a clue as to reality.

cj's dad
06-24-2011, 10:05 PM
This gaffe reminds me of a story in my medical training. We were making rounds when the attending physician walks in the patient's room and says "Mr Jones, We got your biopsy back and I have good news for you." The fellow interrupts and says he has cancer. Without missing beat, the attending says "You have cancer but we can cure it."

Unfortunately, the cancer the poor soul had was not curable.

I was in the hospital back in April and due to an iriregular heartbeat and shortness of breath. I explained to the Doc that the irregular heartbeat had been like that for several years due to an electrical shock I had received at 480 volts. He asked what year I had been electrocuted. He was with his students as they were making morning rounds and my reply was "had I been electrocuted, I wouldn't be here".

I saw several of the interns snickering in the background, but I am not sure the Doctor got it.

newtothegame
06-24-2011, 10:42 PM
Not the BO gets ANY pass from me on this one......., there are reports from the fallen soldiers father that BO called him and apologized and the father accepted.

ElKabong
06-25-2011, 01:15 AM
I keep waiting for one of our resident libs to come and spin this.....

They've been quiet lately haven't they? Haven't seen the paint faced little girl, and stinky and mosty are slow to come out for the bell in most rounds the past month.