PDA

View Full Version : RE-Engineering

LOU M.
11-08-2003, 08:36 AM
I was reading another thread and remembered Marc@drf said they were retooling the software. Does anyone know or has heard if this is completed? Marc where are you?

Tom
11-08-2003, 11:39 AM
Apparently, the Random Data Ommission function is working now.;)

cj
11-08-2003, 12:14 PM
I haven't seen any problems in a while now, and even the TimeForm issue seems to be fixed.

cj
11-08-2003, 01:32 PM
Of course, as soon as I open my mouth, I find a problem. In the lifetime boxes, horses at Aqu are having their lifetime records at Aqueduct combined with the Inner Dirt...for example, the 6 in the 3d race shows 4 starts at Aqu with 3 wins, no places, no shows. In reality, he is 1-2 on the main and 2-2 on the inner...all horses have the same problem.

Tom
11-08-2003, 03:18 PM
Always nice to know that some things never change.
DRF always manages to live down to its reputation.
:rolleyes:

Tom
11-09-2003, 06:03 PM
Can't find closing day from Belmont for the Winners Book Beyers in Sim Weekly. They go from Bel 10/25 to Aqu 10/29.
Apparently, DRF has farmed out their Quality Control along with customer service. Let's see.....maybe they sent it to Bosnia?

Marc At DRF
11-10-2003, 01:36 PM
Let's see...

CJ, the problem with the inner/outer in the career box, I think, has been fixed. What date did you last see it? Via PDF, or Formulator? From what I've seen and been told, it was fixed mid-last week...

Looking into Simo Weekly chart.

The database re-engineering transition is on some level "done," with the pesky Euro PPs fixed, among other issues. The thing that I and others are endeavoring to change is small problems cropping up at the beginning of different meets. For example, that Aqueduct inner/outer issue was an easy fix and it won't happen again this meet or at the beginning of the same meet next year, but the first time through for different meets there are different quirks that need to be accounted for-- I belive there were similar career box problems for a day at the beginning of Oak Tree, pertaining to 6.5 furlong turf races that the system was not recognizing. An easy fix, it won't happen again. IMO, the data is much cleaner via DRF and DRF.com than it was a year ago or three years ago, and as these small, frustrating issues (such as the ones described above) are caught, they are permanently eliminated.

Anyway, as for positive implications from re-engineering, there will be a bunch of web-based products introduced in 6-8 months that will first make their introduction exclusively for Formulator users, early next year. This was stuff we had hoped to launch via Formulator this fall, but it's looking more like late winter. Anyway, there will be a few free additions to Formulator 4.0 that are nice, but the meat of Formulator 4.0 is an interactivity with and enhancement of chart and trainer statistic functionalities well above and beyond anything out there, or so we'd like to believe. I can't say more right now.

Marc At DRF
11-10-2003, 05:00 PM
Update on Simo Weekly missing charts-- Editor says he is going to try to get them in this week.

cj
11-10-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Marc At DRF
Let's see...

CJ, the problem with the inner/outer in the career box, I think, has been fixed. What date did you last see it? Via PDF, or Formulator? From what I've seen and been told, it was fixed mid-last week...

It was there this Saturday and Sunday, so I'd check it out again. This was Formulator, I never use pdf files.

As for the Simulcast Weekly, I've noticed for years now that many Winner's Books miss days when meets change. Latest I noticed was Suffolk. The last day of the meet was on a Monday, October 27th. The Winner's Book was not there, and will probably never show up. Here's another one...the Beyer Figures are missing from Delta Downs on October 31st even though they are there for November 1st. Same at Remington, they are missing for October 30th. The problem isn't that they are missing. Stuff happens, there is a deadline. The problem is it is never fixed. It might seem like a small point, but I paid for something I'm never going to get. Very minor complaints, but they could be remedied.

Craig