PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Grace

Marshall Bennett
06-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Is anyone else here annoyed by this woman. It's bad enough listening to her coverage of the Casey Anthony trial with her continuous referal of Anthony as "tot mom" (she'll do it 8 or 10 times during every 5 minute segment). I did some research into Grace's background and she has a horrible track record. She made public blunders in her reporting of cases involving Melinda Duckett, Elizabeth Smart as well as the Duke lacrosse allegations. There's much more.
Perhaps it's her annoying manner that draws audiences. I have no idea why else she would be taken seriously.
Maybe I'm missing something. Feel free anyone to enlighten me here.

PhantomOnTour
06-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Is anyone else here annoyed by this woman. It's bad enough listening to her coverage of the Casey Anthony trial with her continuous referal of Anthony as "tot mom" (she'll do it 8 or 10 times during every 5 minute segment). I did some research into Grace's background and she has a horrible track record. She made public blunders in her reporting of cases involving Melinda Duckett, Elizabeth Smart as well as the Duke lacrosse allegations. There's much more.
Perhaps it's her annoying manner that draws audiences. I have no idea why else she would be taken seriously.
She's friggin pathetic....reminds me of the Delta Delta Delta (can i help ya help ya help ya)girl on that Sat Night Live skit. "Oh....my....GOD!"
Caters to the middle aged deranged American housewife, just like her lead-in, the equally pathetic Jane Velez Mitchell.

Ya know how HRTV no longer stands for HorseRacing TV?
I bet CNN no longer stands for Cable News Network....that's for sure.

slew101
06-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Does anyone remember her first show, with Johnnie Cochran, around 1996? What a train wreck. I think it lasted a month before Cochran was dropped and she started doing the show by herself. I watched one time, and Cochran opened the show by saying "good night, I mean good evening."

Grace lost her fiance in a random killing, so that's why she became a prosecutor.

As for the Anthony trial, it makes me sick the coverage this accused killer is getting on CNN, court shows, Fox, everywhere. The evidence appears overwhelming, and this woman is draining the court system of millions of dollars by going to court. If she's acquitted, then that's a national story. Not until then.

How many kids are killed by their parents that we never hear about again after the initial report because those parents pled guilty? Where is their coverage? I'm glad we don't forget the death of this child, but what about all the others who are forgotten just because the accused didn't go to trial?

Greyfox
06-23-2011, 10:40 AM
She went into Law after her fiance was murdered.
As a Prosecutor against serious felons, including murderers, her record was very very strong.
Unfortunately she may have risen to a level of incompetence by going on TV.

horses4courses
06-23-2011, 10:42 AM
She's friggin pathetic....reminds me of the Delta Delta Delta (can i help ya help ya help ya)girl on that Sat Night Live skit. "Oh....my....GOD!"
Caters to the middle aged deranged American housewife, just like her lead-in, the equally pathetic Jane Velez Mitchell.

Ya know how HRTV no longer stands for HorseRacing TV?
I bet CNN no longer stands for Cable News Network....that's for sure.

I always thought SNL missed a great opportunity when Amy Poehler worked for them.
A take on Nancy Grace would have been right up her alley.
Had the perfect name for her character too.
Francie Grouse......... ;)

TJDave
06-23-2011, 11:07 AM
First time I saw Grace was during the Westerfield murder trial in San Diego. She was doing local 'color' for court TV. I remember thinking then that she was a bit overzealous...

But with a rather cute, southern charm. ;)

Tom
06-23-2011, 11:13 AM

The channel selector.

FantasticDan
06-23-2011, 11:52 AM
I always thought SNL missed a great opportunity when Amy Poehler worked for them. A take on Nancy Grace would have been right up her alley.

Um..

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/nancy-grace/1087917/

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/nancy-grace/48393/

:cool:

Marshall Bennett
06-23-2011, 12:17 PM
The channel selector.
Sure, that works Tom. Unfortunately I've become somewhat caught up in the case coverage myself, and some of the others which appear along with her aren't that bad. It's her presentation and style that's so annoying, and after reading about her past, I tend to question her credibility with anything else she has to say. She almost makes you want to reach into your television screen and slap the shit out of her. I truly think that's why they have her there.

ArlJim78
06-23-2011, 12:51 PM
If I had to be tortured and could choose between waterboarding and having to watch a full hour of Nancy Grace, it would be a toss-up.
what an annoying woman.

Tom
06-23-2011, 01:25 PM
If I had to be tortured and could choose between waterboarding and having to watch a full hour of Nancy Grace, it would be a toss-up.
what an annoying woman.

Even Dick Cheney would never stoop that low! :lol:

redshift1
06-23-2011, 01:54 PM
TV vigilante

bigmack
06-23-2011, 03:27 PM
If I had to spend more than a minute around Nan', I couldn't go on.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldgxuz3GvT1qe0eclo1_r2_500.gif

johnhannibalsmith
06-23-2011, 05:06 PM
I'd like to see Judge Judy preside over a case pitting Nancy Grace against Gloria Allred and root for someone, anyone of the three to get the chair.

JustRalph
06-23-2011, 05:27 PM
She went into Law after her fiance was murdered.
As a Prosecutor against serious felons, including murderers, her record was very very strong.
Unfortunately she may have risen to a level of incompetence by going on TV.

that's debatable. If I remember right, she was sanctioned a few times by judges and was overturned on appeal many times. Due to her outrageous behavior. I am doing this from memory, but I think she got in trouble right before she went to CNN and made a deal to leave "the law" and go into Tv instead of fight some kind of charges

redshift1
07-19-2011, 04:08 AM
Piers Morgan interviewed Nancy Grace tonight, what a spectacle of anger and tears. I used to like CNN but the Sanchez fiasco and now Grace appearing on Piers Morgan. Looked more like a paid advertisement for NG who is of course employed by none other than CNN.

Greyfox
07-19-2011, 08:44 AM
Piers Morgan interviewed Nancy Grace tonight, what a spectacle of anger and tears. I used to like CNN but the Sanchez fiasco and now Grace appearing on Piers Morgan. Looked more like a paid advertisement for NG who is of course employed by none other than CNN.

I saw the show. To me she seemed very obsessive-compulsive about what she perceives to be "injustice." The woman presented as harboring very deep unresolved anger issues, beyond the murder of her fiance. The fiance's death, while truly tragic, was simply a springboard for her (and a calling card), to give her raison d'etre to find a socially acceptable arena to release some of the venom that is eating her up.
While her fiance's death was 30 years ago, Nancy's issues run back much longer than that, although Piers didn't delve farther.
I feel sorry for anyone who is carrying around the amount of poisonous hate venom that she seems to have. I also feel sorry for anyone who crosses her.
Piers Morgan did an excellent job of knowing how to press her buttons and yet not go too far in the short hour that he had. I'm sure that he detected that he was dealing with a ticking time bomb.
This lady is so tormented it seems doubtful she will ever get any peace.

Marshall Bennett
07-19-2011, 12:01 PM
Look for Barbara Walters to make an attempt to bring her on the View. She'd fit in perfectly with the pigs on that panel. :)

Actor
07-20-2011, 02:39 AM

They ran a clip of her in court, telling a jury how much time she and her staff had spent on the case because they thought the defendent was guilty. If I were a juror that would not sway me. No how strongly they believe the defendant is guilty or how much time they spent on the case, they could still be wrong. That's why we have trials. The entire clip (hopefully not her entire speech) was simply an emotional appeal. If they want me to vote to send a person to death row, then give me facts, not tears.

She keeps using the phrase "Justice for Caylee." How do we get that? Vigilante justice? I hope not. Lynch law is no law. Find the real killer? :bang: But wait. There's no proof that Caylee was actually murgered! :bang:

JustRalph
07-20-2011, 08:59 AM

The Sanchez fiasco? :lol: Sanchez was an idiot and got what he deserved.

If Don Imus or Rush Limbaugh had done what Sanchez did, we would still be reading about it a year later

Rookies
07-20-2011, 09:27 AM
I agree strongly with MB here, especially with respect to her voice and manner. No doubt, she has issues- many of them! I use Tom's solution, the second I hear that squalling.

Quite frankly this is yet another Trailer Trash program that would be best off the air.

redshift1
07-20-2011, 01:25 PM
The Sanchez fiasco? :lol: Sanchez was an idiot and got what he deserved.

If Don Imus or Rush Limbaugh had done what Sanchez did, we would still be reading about it a year later

Interesting you "interpreted" my post as supportive of Sanchez when I was commenting on the general nature of CNN's recent, on-air decision making as in, "Sanchez's tenure with CNN was a failure". I believe the idiom is "jumping to conclusions".