PDA

View Full Version : The GOVT can do all the hiring!!!!!

newtothegame
06-23-2011, 08:28 AM
:lol: These people are hillarious......! I wonder how many of them have ever ran a real company or managed a private business??
To think the government can just hire people on the spot (regardless of work needed) is INCREDIBLE! :bang:
Where would they suggest the money come from to pay these newly hired employees of the government??? lol

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nancy-pelosi-says-she-wants-to-amended-americas-sacred-documents-for-ever-expanding-freedom-that-comes-with-jobs-while-dems-line-up-calling-for-federal-government-to-hire-unemployed/

Nancy Pelosi Says She Wants to Amend America‘s ’Sacred Documents‘ for ’Ever-Expanding Freedom’ of Jobs While Dems Line Up Calling For Federal Government To Hire Unemployed.

mostpost
06-23-2011, 12:21 PM
:lol: These people are hillarious......! I wonder how many of them have ever ran a real company or managed a private business??
Hopefully not very many. Half of all businesses fail after four years. General Motors and Chrysler (twice) mismanaged their businesses so badly that the government had to bail them out. The nations largest banks almost destroyed the economy due to greed and stupidity. Your undying faith in businessmen is sadly misplaced.

To think the government can just hire people on the spot (regardless of work needed) is INCREDIBLE! :bang:
It would be incredible if that was what was happening. The plan is to hire companies to do desperately needed work such as repair schools, bridges, roads and other infrastructure. Those companies would hire the unemployed.
Its called priming the pump. There is an old Kingston Trio song that tells it best. Its called Desert Pete.
http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/d/desertpete.shtml
or if you would like to listen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPkALvJkWpg
"This pump is old", the note began, "but she works so give'r a try"
"I put a new sucker washer in 'er, you may find the leather dry"

"You've got to prime the pump, you must have faith and believe"
"You've got to give of yourself 'fore you're worthy to receive"
"Drink all the water you can hold, wash your face, cool your feet"
"Leave the bottle full for others, Thank You kindly, Desert Pete"

"Yeah, you'll have to prime the pump, work that handle like there's a
fire"
"Under that rock you'll find some water I left in a bitters jar"
"Now there's just enough to prime it with so dontcha go drinkin'
first"
A Democrat would see that note and prime the pump. Drink his fill and leave the bottle full for the next person. A Republican would drink the water and leave the next person thirsty. Or he'd privatize the pump and sell the water
Where would they suggest the money come from to pay these newly hired employees of the government??? lol
See explanation above.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nancy-pelosi-says-she-wants-to-amended-americas-sacred-documents-for-ever-expanding-freedom-that-comes-with-jobs-while-dems-line-up-calling-for-federal-government-to-hire-unemployed/

Nancy Pelosi Says She Wants to Amend America‘s ’Sacred Documents‘ for ’Ever-Expanding Freedom’ of Jobs While Dems Line Up Calling For Federal Government To Hire Unemployed.

I do not know what this means. Do you think Nancy Pelosi is going to attack the Declaration of Independence with a bottle of White Out? Maybe she is going to change Lincoln's "Four score and seven" to eighty seven. You are aware that we have already amended our Constitution twenty seven times. Right?

DJofSD
06-23-2011, 01:05 PM
I guess this time around we'll do things in reverse order: put people on the government dole then have the recession/depression.

Robert Goren
06-23-2011, 01:14 PM
We have had businessmen become president. Two of the most recent were Carter and GWB. Although people disagree on how bad they were, I think most people agree both were not very good.

Tom
06-23-2011, 01:28 PM
You are aware that we have already amended our Constitution twenty seven times. Right?

Under the specific, stringent terms that allow it, yes.

DJofSD
06-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Is this the same Nancy that said we have to pass a bill before we can see what is in the bill?

newtothegame
06-23-2011, 04:12 PM
I do not know what this means. Do you think Nancy Pelosi is going to attack the Declaration of Independence with a bottle of White Out? Maybe she is going to change Lincoln's "Four score and seven" to eighty seven. You are aware that we have already amended our Constitution twenty seven times. Right?

Mosty...you are something else lol...
Of course businesses fail....and they SUCCEED. That is what makes America ...America. You can NOT have success without failure. They go hand in hand. This concept alone is what makes the government you wish for obsolete.
Your government only thinks it can succeed. And if that doesnt work....well just raise more taxes!

Do you ever stop and think before you post? remember how you despise businesses that hoard money and do not share equally with its employees? You know those big aweful businesses you always rail against?
Did you notice the story how the USPS is going to halt payments to the employee retirement benfits so they can HOARD their cash reserves?? Is this the same business you constantly rail against?? Hmmm somehow I am thinking NOT lol.

As to bailouts, I am all against them! Whether it be GM or otherwise. When one company fails (no matter the reason), other companies learn from that and replace them. One restaruant fails, another opens. It is business life!

The government can not sustain itself. This has been shown time and time again. Even you know this. If it were not the case, then why would you need to raise revenues through taxation? We have discussed several times that the government does not make money in the sense of profits. It can NOT pay for itself. The more people the government employs, the more it needs increased revenues. The more people working for uncle sam, the less people who dont. Therefore, revenues are always decreasing. What is so hard to understand about that??????
Unless, you're willing to say well increase the population.....(which again according to your guy Al Gore, is a bad thing because of the climate).
You libs just run in circles constantly robbing peter to pay paul for lack of better terms. In the end, there is only one conclussion to that story.....BANKRUPTCY! Sooner or later (and it is becoming sooner then later in our state of america) the cards start crumbling. Your revenues can NOT be sustained through taxation. More and more people reaching retirement leaving less and less to continue to increase taxes on.....In your scenario...we all go broke at some point!

HUSKER55
06-23-2011, 04:44 PM
but what about the perfect world concept? everyone gets an equal piece regardless of wether they deserve it or not. how do you think liberals get their votes, new world order and yada yada yada

newtothegame
06-23-2011, 11:31 PM
The liberal agenda couldn't be spelled out more perfectly!!!
Geithner: Taxes on ‘Small Business’ Must Rise So Government Doesn’t ‘Shrink’
Thursday, June 23, 2011

(CNSNews.com) - Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner told the House Small Business Committee on Wednesday that the Obama administration believes taxes on small business must increase so the administration does not have to “shrink the overall size of government programs.”

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/geithner-taxes-small-business-must-rise

DJofSD
06-24-2011, 09:48 AM
The liberal agenda couldn't be spelled out more perfectly!!!
Geithner: Taxes on ‘Small Business’ Must Rise So Government Doesn’t ‘Shrink’
Thursday, June 23, 2011

(CNSNews.com) - Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner told the House Small Business Committee on Wednesday that the Obama administration believes taxes on small business must increase so the administration does not have to “shrink the overall size of government programs.”

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/geithner-taxes-small-business-must-rise
Some one should start to heat up the tar. I'm going to go look for my pitchfork.

Tom
06-24-2011, 10:32 AM
I got a bag o' feathers.

DJofSD
06-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Great!

Who's got a rail?