PDA

View Full Version : Whitey Bulger captured!

Zippy Chippy
06-23-2011, 06:45 AM
Great day today in Boston. Never thought they'd get him. I'm shocked he was in the US.

Tom
06-23-2011, 07:50 AM
Who is he?

cj's dad
06-23-2011, 07:58 AM
Former mob boss - wanted for 19(?) murders

Zippy Chippy
06-23-2011, 08:08 AM
he was number 2 on the fbi 10 most wanted list behind bin laden . there has probably never been a more loved fugitive . watching the boston news this morning and showing people that are upset that he got caught

newtothegame
06-23-2011, 08:10 AM
Who is he?
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/23/police-mobster-james-whitey-bulger-arrested-in-california/

Zippy Chippy
06-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Jack nicholson pretty much played him in the departed

Tom
06-23-2011, 09:21 AM
I thought it was another Congressman. :rolleyes:

BillW
06-23-2011, 09:30 AM
I thought it was another Congressman. :rolleyes:

That was his brother ... MA Senate.

Robert Goren
06-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Now the taxpayer get to pay for his nursing home care.

slew101
06-23-2011, 10:42 AM
How long until the neighbors come out and say "seemed like a nice guy. Was pretty quiet. Always waved to me."

Tom
06-23-2011, 11:12 AM
How long until the neighbors come out and say "seemed like a nice guy. Was pretty quiet. Always waved to me."

They said that about Wiener...that's what got him in trouble!

redshift1
06-23-2011, 01:56 PM
So old he forgot they were chasing him.

JustRalph
06-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Somebody is going to get the 2 million reward

They acted on a tip............and his girlfriend was 20 years younger than him. That kills me....... he had 800k in cash and sitting by the ocean in beautiful Santa Monica. What a country!

Los Angeles (CNN) -- More than $800,000 in cash, 30 firearms and fake IDs were found at the Santa Monica, California, apartment of fugitive mobster James "Whitey" Bulger, who will be taken to Boston to face a string of charges, including multiple murders, the FBI said Thursday.
Bulger appeared relaxed Thursday at a Los Angeles hearing. He did not seek bond, according to a spokesman for federal prosecutors.
It was not clear when the longtime fugitive be transported. The FBI indicated the move may occur Friday. Bulger's girlfriend also was arrested.

bigmack
06-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Living in the rent controlled area of Santa Monica for $1100/mo.

Without rent control it would go for $4K.

Growing up in Chicago during the days of Sam Giancana, I find some of these cats of interest.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/85/James_J._Bulger_in_1953.jpg

Bulger's father, James Joseph Bulger, was the son of parents from Newfoundland, Canada. In Boston, he met and married Jane Veronica "Jean" McCarthy, an American-born daughter of Irish immigrants. Their first child, James Jr., was born in 1929.

Bulger, Sr., worked as a standard laborer and occasional longshoreman. After he lost his arm in an industrial accident, the family descended into abject poverty. The first public housing project in the United States was opened in South Boston in 1936. The Bulgers moved into the project in 1938, where their children were raised. James, Jr. ("Jimmy") preferred the streets while his younger brother William "Billy" Bulger excelled at school.

Jimmy was first arrested in 1943, aged 14, for larceny and would go on to be arrested for assault, battery and armed robbery.[citation needed]At that time, he was associated with a juvenile street gang known as "The Shamrocks".

Between 1943 and 1947, Bulger was arrested for larceny, forgery, assault and battery, and armed robbery.[citation needed]For all these crimes, he was sent to a juvenile reformatory from 1943 until 1948.[citation needed]

Shortly after release in April 1948, he joined the Air Force. After completing basic training, he was stationed at the Smoky Hill Air Force Base in Salina, Kansas, and later in Idaho. He spent time in the stockade for a number of assaults. In 1950, he was arrested for going absent without leave.

On August 16, 1952, he received an honorable discharge and returned to Massachusetts.

lamboguy
06-23-2011, 11:30 PM
he was the bigest creep i ever met my entire life.

bigmack
06-23-2011, 11:35 PM
he was the bigest creep i ever met my entire life.
Tell us all about it. The meeting and how you found him creepy.

lamboguy
06-24-2011, 12:15 AM
i saw him a few times at a restaraunt that i had breakfast in. he came in with his buddy's and made alot of noise. i never opened my mouth or spoke to him, just heard him and his friends. what i did do was not finish my breakfast and leave the place as fast as i could. this was back in the mid 70's

newtothegame
06-24-2011, 12:20 AM
i saw him a few times at a restaraunt that i had breakfast in. he came in with his buddy's and made alot of noise. i never opened my mouth or spoke to him, just heard him and his friends. what i did do was not finish my breakfast and leave the place as fast as i could. this was back in the mid 70's

So you never actually MET him as you said in an earlier post?
And based on over hearing him, he is now a creep?
Are you sure you're not upset at the breakfast you left the few times this guy showed up?? :lol:

PaceAdvantage
06-24-2011, 12:23 AM
So, you "met" Bulger like I "met" Brooke Shields at a diner in the Hamptons one summer? :lol:

Tom
06-24-2011, 07:40 AM
Whitey saved my life once.
Three guys were kicking the crap out of me in a parking lot at night.
Then I heard Whitey say,"That's enough."
And they stopped!

eastie
06-24-2011, 08:48 AM
The last real Gangster in the country is caught. He was a bad man and a rat bastid. They should be looking at unsolved murders in the Santa Monica area.

Grits
06-24-2011, 09:25 AM
Somebody is going to get the 2 million reward

They acted on a tip............and his girlfriend was 20 years younger than him. That kills me....... he had 800k in cash and sitting by the ocean in beautiful Santa Monica. What a country!

Los Angeles (CNN) -- More than $800,000 in cash, 30 firearms and fake IDs were found at the Santa Monica, California, apartment of fugitive mobster James "Whitey" Bulger, who will be taken to Boston to face a string of charges, including multiple murders, the FBI said Thursday.
Bulger appeared relaxed Thursday at a Los Angeles hearing. He did not seek bond, according to a spokesman for federal prosecutors.
It was not clear when the longtime fugitive be transported. The FBI indicated the move may occur Friday. Bulger's girlfriend also was arrested.

Finally, someone got smart enough to throw up a photo of the girlfriend, folks started singing like canaries. LOLOLLLLLLL Half the county had probably seen her in the cosmetic surgeon's office waiting room over the last decade.

Wonder if that surgeon paid taxes on all those cash payments she threw down for necessary procedures over the years?

The only thing worse than a stupid woman? A golddigging, vain, stupid woman that'll take up with a man 20 years her senior. Any woman this stupid deserves to be removed from mainstream population. They spend their lives in search of a sponsor.

I hope he was worth it; hope she loved him.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Zippy Chippy
06-24-2011, 09:49 AM
Eastie and lambo you must know people that are upset that he got caught too. Had a conversation with 2 women at work yesterday. They are in their 60s and still defending him. " but he used to deliver turkeys to the homeless on thanksgiving". It's amazing how people love him.

Grits
06-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Eastie and lambo you must know people that are upset that he got caught too. Had a conversation with 2 women at work yesterday. They are in their 60s and still defending him. " but he used to deliver turkeys to the homeless on thanksgiving". It's amazing how people love him.

Guilt, if there is such a thing looming somewhere in the DNA of this unfortunate piece of, genetic debris, will cause one to do strange things.

It began airing a 30-second public service announcement in 14 cities across the United States urging people to be on the lookout for Greig, a dental hygienist who was devoted to her appearance, had plastic surgery in the past, and frequently had her hair cut and teeth cleaned. The spots aired during daytime shows, including, “Ellen,’’ “The View,’’ and “Live with Regis & Kelly.’’

A woman who answered the door at the South Boston home of Greig’s sister, Margaret McCusker, was told of the arrest by a Globe reporter this morning. “They found him? Finally,’’ she said. “I want my sister to come home.’’

Good luck with this one, you may have to wait a tad longer, sis.

eastie
06-24-2011, 01:43 PM
shook down everybody. if someone died and you got the house, he'd be looking for his end, and he wasn't taking no for an answer. the glorified stuff on TV doesn't tell the true story. he was an ALLEGED vicious cold blooded killer.

TJDave
06-27-2011, 11:44 PM
Nothing gets past them.

Except the #2 Most Wanted felon in the U.S.

Repeatedly. :rolleyes:

Bulger said he and his girlfriend, 60-year-old Catherine Greig, frequently drove to the border, parked on the US side and walked into Tijuana, using a false identification to get through security, the official said.

http://articles.boston.com/2011-06-26/news/29706200_1_catherine-greig-prescription-drugs-kevin-weeks

trackrat59
06-28-2011, 12:02 AM
Now the taxpayer get to pay for his nursing home care.

:lol: Hey, what a minute. You're right. :bang: