PDA

View Full Version : Attention PA: Search function returns error

Dave Schwartz
06-22-2011, 12:53 PM
When I searched for:
Indonesian Apple Market affects US Horse Racing

I got back:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 17 bytes) in /usr/www/users/paceadv/forum/search.php on line 838

Dave

Saratoga_Mike
06-22-2011, 01:36 PM
When I searched for:
Indonesian Apple Market affects US Horse Racing

I got back:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 17 bytes) in /usr/www/users/paceadv/forum/search.php on line 838

Dave

Gotta ask - what made you do this search (seems really odd)?

Dave Schwartz
06-22-2011, 01:58 PM
Someone sent me a headline and I thought it was from PA.

PhantomOnTour
06-22-2011, 02:05 PM
I tried doing a search on 'Horses To Watch Lists' and got the same error.
I wound up starting a thread about folks' method for populating their lists because i couldn't do a search to see if other threads on the topic existed.

Ted Craven
06-22-2011, 03:03 PM
FWIW, I always find that using a Google 'site search' returns far better results than the vBulletin Search facility.

For example, in a Google Search bar, type site:Paceadvantage.com 'Indonesian Apple Market affects US Horse Racing' (I got nothing)

However, site:Paceadvantage.com 'Bayesian bullshit' returns lots of interesting hits ...

Ted

PaceAdvantage
06-22-2011, 07:41 PM
I have posted before about the current problems with the search engine. Very popular terms such as HORSE won't work. This is a known problem and will be fixed when I do a board upgrade in the coming weeks.

This problem has actually existed since before the board crashed a few weeks ago, in case anyone was wondering if that was the cause.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you Ted for providing a very usable workaround.

Dave Schwartz
06-22-2011, 09:00 PM
PA,

Thanks. I did not realize that words like that created problems.

Sorry for creating a problem myself.

Dave

Marlin
06-22-2011, 11:03 PM
Thank God this fatal error isn't so fatal.:)