PDA

View Full Version : Another half trillion for Obamacare???

newtothegame
06-22-2011, 01:46 AM
This just gets better and better all the time....:lol:

Investigators Discover Flaw in Obamacare: Millions More than Estimated Now Eligible for Medicaid

6/21/2011

Turns out Nancy Pelosi was right after all - we had to pass it to see what's in it!

Government number-crunchers have discovered an embarrassing flaw in President Obama's 2,500 page health care law that makes millions of middle-class families, even some couples earning up to $64,000 (3 times the federal poverty rate), eligible for Medicaid benefits. AP reports (http://townhall.com/news/politics-elections/2011/06/21/apnewsbreak_a_twist_in_obamas_health_care_law):

Medicare chief actuary Richard Foster says the situation keeps him up at night. "I don't generally comment on the pros or cons of policy, but that just doesn't make sense," Foster said during a question-and-answer session at a recent professional society meeting.

"This is a situation that got no attention at all," added Foster. "And even now, as I raise the issue with various policymakers, people are not rushing to say . . . we need to do something about this."

Now, 3 million more Americans (on top of the estimated 16-20 million already covered under Obamacare) may be eligible for Medicare by 2014, meaning even more entitlement spending in coming years. Indeed, the "glitch" will likely cost Americans$450 billion over the next ten years. (http://blogs.forbes.com/aroy/2011/06/21/the-450-billion-glitch-3-million-extra-middle-class-americans-eligible-for-medicaid-benefits/)

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/nicholasfreiling/2011/06/21/investigators_discover_flaw_in_obamacare_millions_ more_than_estimated_now_eligible_for_medicaid

Robert Goren
06-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Nothing compared to what the health insurance companies do to people every day. The put out policies that says you are covered for such and such, but when the bill gets too high they just refuse to pay because some state laws say you can't them to. I know because I have been there. The policy I had was through my employer and they even tried to get them to fire me. It wipe out my entire retirement saving just trying to pay the doctors. It could happen to you if Obama care is repealed. Health insurance policies aren't worth the paper they are written on when you get into big costs and the laws says you can't even sue.

DJofSD
06-22-2011, 10:42 AM
RG, sorry that life dealt you a bad hand.

It used to be that, as an individual, I could make the choices that directly impacted my life. But now, the greater good seems to trump all.

This is not the United States I grew up in. Screw it and all of the people that think living here guarentees them life, liberty and happiness.

ElKabong
06-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Great idea. Bankrupt the entire nation over this BS.

Reminds me of a movie I saw 40 yrs ago, THE MAGIC CHRISTIAN....the scene where Ringo Starr and buds used a AAA weapon to hunt doves. That represents how this bill (that had to be passed so we could see what's in it) is today.

benzer
06-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Nothing compared to what the health insurance companies do to people every day. The put out policies that says you are covered for such and such, but when the bill gets too high they just refuse to pay because some state laws say you can't them to. I know because I have been there. The policy I had was through my employer and they even tried to get them to fire me. It wipe out my entire retirement saving just trying to pay the doctors. It could happen to you if Obama care is repealed. Health insurance policies aren't worth the paper they are written on when you get into big costs and the laws says you can't even sue.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation but I don't think the current Obamacare plan will make anything better. We have to do something to control the costs and make sure everyone has access, the Obamacare plan does not meet the requirements.

Most states if not all have programs to help you pay medical bills if you are unable financially to do so. I hope you've looked into that to ease your burden.

riskman
06-22-2011, 11:13 PM
So much for Obama cutting billions of waste and fraud from Medicare and Medicaid. Instead, he has added billions of waste and and potential fraud. How's that hope and change working out for you?
Not for one minute do I think this was a mistake. The useless Congress is too busy running for reelection every two years to properly review the legislation they are voting on. This is just another step towards a Single Payer System making Medicaid available to these groups.The Nanny state is creeping up on us.

newtothegame
06-23-2011, 12:47 AM

Nothing like JUSTIFICATION by using another BAD system to justify this one.....
No worries there Robert....Obamacare WILL not stand. Then, maybe, we can start to actually get to a solution so things like happpened to you do not happen again.
Obamacare will only ensure more fraud and waste...nothing more!

elysiantraveller
06-23-2011, 09:57 AM
HCR was designed to break the system...

When you look at the bill in its entirety is looks too absurd to be real. What a lot of people in the industry believe is that is was designed to break the major medical system paving the way to a single payor.

ArlJim78
06-23-2011, 10:18 AM
exactly, it wasn't designed to work, it was designed to crash the private system so government and it's designated crony companies can own it all.

Tom
06-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Right out of the pages of the progressive playbook - collapse the system from within and have an alternate infrastructure ready to takes its place.

Does anyone listen to Beck? It's all right there, like a road map, the road to ruin.

The plan is to fundamentally change America...remember when that was
said? It is a no-brainer, once you read Saul Alinsky...this guy is our worst enemy.

Why do you think they go to so much trouble to discredit Beck?
He is pointing us in the right direction, and he is begging us to verify it for ourselves. And he has been spot on right along.

Robert Goren
06-23-2011, 11:59 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your situation but I don't think the current Obscure plan will make anything better. We have to do something to control the costs and make sure everyone has access, the Obscure plan does not meet the requirements.

Most states if not all have programs to help you pay medical bills if you are unable financially to do so. I hope you've looked into that to ease your burden.At least here in Nebraska you have be in them before you get sick and then you have spend every dime you have before they help. You can't get on them if you have private health care insurance even it isn't any good. The insurance was through my employer and I had no reason to believe it wasn't any good until I got sick. I was on dialysis for 3 months in 2006 and remember being hook up to a machine and arguing with insurance company over the phone on whether or not it was. They finally admitted it was but weren't going to pay anyway. They never did give a reason. My kidney problems are a thing of the past, but I have other health problems. I now have Medicare since I am on SS disability. Thank God. I have made 8 trips to the hospital since the end of last July.