PDA

View Full Version : Network Solutions Distributed Denial of Service Attack (DDOS)

Dave Schwartz
06-21-2011, 05:38 PM
http://www.informationweek.com/news/security/attacks/231000095

Network Solutions Suffers DDoS Attack
A distributed denial of service attack took down Network Solutions, severing access to DNS servers, websites, plus hosted servers and email accounts.

This has special interest to me because I use Network Solutions to vend many of my videos.

Please be aware that if you are trying to download any large files from me you may not be bale to get them for a day or two.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Dave Schwartz
06-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Most interesting... I called to get the scoop and told them my situation. Immediately the problem went away for my site!

Maybe the attack is over or maybe they were kind enough to move me to a high priority list because I called.

Who knows?

Dave

HUSKER55
06-22-2011, 07:41 AM
All of these hacking attacks got me to wondering. How safe is anybody,..really? Is there anything people can do to "iron-clad" their information. Most people do everything over the internet these days.

Any thoughts? :confused:

JustRalph
06-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Dave, it probably didn't take them long to filter the attackers IP address(s) from your site. They just block the IP. Which means it was some kind of low rate attack from possibly even a single computer somewhere. The big boys use multiple computers from multiple locations and make it hard to filter