PDA

View Full Version : Just another War Story........not really

JustRalph
06-20-2011, 09:51 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/campaigns/our_boys/3647074/Marine-killed-by-Taliban-leaves-100000-in-his-will-to-sendbr-32-of-his-mates-on-holiday.html

Just when I think young people today are falling off a cliff of ignorance and despair, I read a story like this.

What a guy indeed.

And check out that picture. In that Beret and all. He looks in that camera with some expression huh?

RIP Marine

toetoe
06-21-2011, 01:28 AM
I'd love to buy them a round if I could find them. Let's see ... I have about sixty drink tickets ... toke the waitress ten or twenty dollars ... yeah, mates. Where and when ? :jump:

toetoe
06-21-2011, 04:38 PM
The (golf) game is afoot, Watson.

I weighed in on the Sun website, and two gentlemen responded. They (all 32) are arriving in Las Vegas on Friday evening, July 23. Somehow, my offer to stand a round was construed to be an invitation to golf. That's fine, too.

Anyhoo, all freakazoids hereon are invited to participate in the bacchanalia. Just don't tell the Brits what a low character Toetoe is. :D

Native Texan III
06-21-2011, 06:26 PM
These gestures of goodwill are something really special.
It feels like it should become a regular two way international event in David's honor, so perhaps write your Congressman? Toetoe has set the ball rolling and we should treat his comrades as special guests of USA.

Marine David Hart:

"Lt Col Paul James described him as "the perfect Marine - magnificent in personality and profession".

What could be more inspiring?

toetoe
06-22-2011, 02:58 AM
The quick responses were pleasantly surprising.

It's really special to travel to another continent. I bummed around a bit when I was younger, but today I couldn't pay for a trip to, for example, England.
These guys may never travel abroad again. What a great present. :ThmbUp: