PDA

View Full Version : Prolonging the Fighting and Causing more Civilian Deaths

elysiantraveller
06-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Hooray for the West!

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/06/20/libya.war/index.html?hpt=wo_c2

ArlJim78
06-20-2011, 05:49 PM
I've never seen a bigger crock of shit in my life. the spokesman talk about Libya brutalizing its own people, but it appears to be a highly trumped up charge. what was going on was more like a civil war and we jumped in because we are so caught up in the excitment of the "arab spring", now we are responsible for killing civilians, rebels, everyone. it's sickening to watch.

cj's dad
06-20-2011, 08:28 PM
I've never seen a bigger crock of shit in my life. the spokesman talk about Libya brutalizing its own people, but it appears to be a highly trumped up charge. what was going on was more like a civil war and we jumped in because we are so caught up in the excitment of the "arab spring", now we are responsible for killing civilians, rebels, everyone. it's sickening to watch.

Agreed- get out now. Stop wasting American lives.

elysiantraveller
06-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Mostie was a big defender of this action... wonder what his take is on it now.

cj's dad
06-20-2011, 08:42 PM

Spin baby spin.

JustRalph
06-20-2011, 08:43 PM
Don't worry, those are non hostile bombs and missiles and Biden and Harry Reid say it will be over in a week or so............

Tom
06-20-2011, 09:37 PM
Not our problem.
Get out now.

Let Allah deliver them peace.
For all that praying they do, they certainly don't get much in return.

Robert Goren
06-20-2011, 10:41 PM
When will we learn? We can't just wave our hands, drop a few bombs and say"go away big bad dictator". It doesn't work that way any more, if it ever did.

PaceAdvantage
06-20-2011, 11:41 PM
What happened to all that "change" we wuz promised?

I understood why we went into Iraq and Afghanistan after 9/11. I supported it on the basis that America had to respond, and Iraq was a great place to finish what was started during the first Gulf War. And Afghanistan was a no-brainer.

But Libya? I still don't get it. Qadaffy Duck cooperated after the Iraq invasion by dismantling his nuclear ambitions, a success influenced no doubt by Bush's decision to go into Iraq:

http://articles.cnn.com/2003-12-19/world/libya.nuclear_1_british-inspectors-nuclear-program-libya?_s=PM:WORLD

Are we secretly exacting our revenge for Lockerbie on Libya at this time? Can anyone seriously explain why we are involved in Libya?

All those who were torn up about Iraq, maybe you can explain to me why Libya is justified? Because I just don't get it...

ElKabong
06-21-2011, 12:08 AM

He'll get back to ya when wikipedia runs a good spin on the subject....

toetoe
06-21-2011, 02:28 AM
I'm wondering how accurate the reportage is. Remember when "history was made" as Qaddafistas in helicopters attacked their countrymen with machine guns ? Oh, and no one was injured. How can you miss everything while shooting into a crowd from a helicopter ? Isn't it like falling out of a boat ? Maybe they were firing warning shots overhead ... ? Not so historic after all, in that case.

Robert Goren
06-21-2011, 09:11 AM
What happened to all that "change" we wuz promised?

I understood why we went into Iraq and Afghanistan after 9/11. I supported it on the basis that America had to respond, and Iraq was a great place to finish what was started during the first Gulf War. And Afghanistan was a no-brainer.

But Libya? I still don't get it. Qadaffy Duck cooperated after the Iraq invasion by dismantling his nuclear ambitions, a success influenced no doubt by Bush's decision to go into Iraq:

http://articles.cnn.com/2003-12-19/world/libya.nuclear_1_british-inspectors-nuclear-program-libya?_s=PM:WORLD

Are we secretly exacting our revenge for Lockerbie on Libya at this time? Can anyone seriously explain why we are involved in Libya?

All those who were torn up about Iraq, maybe you can explain to me why Libya is justified? Because I just don't get it... It was not. Obama hasn't learned from Bush's mistakes. At least he has not sent ground troops in yet. What gets me is that McCain, Graham and company want to get us involved in Syria too. There just isn't enough wars for some people.

cj's dad
06-21-2011, 09:22 AM
It was not. Obama hasn't learned from Bush's mistakes. At least he has not sent ground troops in yet. What gets me is that McCain, Graham and company want to get us involved in Syria too. There just isn't enough wars for some people.

1-He hasn't removed any either.

2-Huge money makers for those whose own are not exposed to war and deadly for the poor and middle class of America who are.

Robert Goren
06-21-2011, 09:37 AM
1-He hasn't removed any either.

2-Huge money makers for those whose own are not exposed to war and deadly for the poor and middle class of America who are.No argument form me. I wanted him completely out of Iraq by now and well on his way out of Afganistan by now. Never in Libya.