PDA

View Full Version : 68 winning show wagers in a row, and I wanted to lose every one of them

showbet
06-20-2011, 03:08 PM
In 2009 I opened an XpressBet account because they were offering one of those "Bet $50, Get $50" deals. I already had YouBet and TwinSpires accounts, and I used YouBet almost exclusively. I bet enough to get the "free" 50 bucks from XpressBet and then pretty much let the account lie dormant, making only occasional wagers through XpressBet.

From September 2009 through February 2010 I didn't make any wagers at all through XpressBet, and in March 2010 I got a $2 "account maintenance service charge". So, I started using the account every so often to avoid this charge.

Late last year, I began to notice that the "bridgejumpers" were faring much better than they had in previous years. I knew this because I bet against them and my ROI started going south in the latter half of 2010. In February of this year I decided to start making $2 show bets through XpressBet on the bridgejumper horses, just to keep my account alive.

I don't stayed logged in to my XpressBet account, and I would only log in when a horse had a very large percentage of the show pool several minutes before post time, so I didn't wager on every bridgejumper horse I saw. There were several instances where late show money came in on a horse and I bet against it via TwinSpires while not betting on it via XpressBet. I cashed a few of those bets over the last several months when the bridgejumper horse ran out.

Every time I used ExpressBet to wager $2 to show on the bridgejumper horse I used my TwinSpires account to make much larger show bets on other horses in these races, so I actually wanted the XpressBet wagers to lose. I made one wager through XpressBet on a bridgejumper horse in February, then six wagers in March, thirteen in April, twenty six in May, and before Saturday, twenty in June. Every single one of them was a winning bet. Not one of the 66 bridgejumper horses I bet through ExpressBet missed the board during those five months.

On Saturday I bet (and won) two more races on bridgejumper horses (Woodbine race 4 and Calder race 6). I then bet Ever Always in the 7th race at Monmouth, and FINALLY, after 68 winning shows wagers in a row made through XpressBet, the bridgejumper horse finished out of the money.

All told, I bet $138 (69 races) via ExpressBet from February 10 through June 18, and got back $144.10. Of course I lost a considerable amount in my TwinSpires account betting against the bridgejumpers, and I wanted to lose all 69 of the XpressBet wagers. I hope I will never see a streak like that again.

I've attached jpgs of my Feb-June XpressBet Win/Loss Reports.

Dahoss2002
06-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Missed your chance man. You shoulda been parlaying all that mess after the first winning wager .

Zydeco
06-20-2011, 04:48 PM
lol I was thinking the same thing DaHoss

Stillriledup
06-21-2011, 08:55 PM
In 2009 I opened an XpressBet account because they were offering one of those "Bet $50, Get $50" deals. I already had YouBet and TwinSpires accounts, and I used YouBet almost exclusively. I bet enough to get the "free" 50 bucks from XpressBet and then pretty much let the account lie dormant, making only occasional wagers through XpressBet.

From September 2009 through February 2010 I didn't make any wagers at all through XpressBet, and in March 2010 I got a $2 "account maintenance service charge". So, I started using the account every so often to avoid this charge.

Late last year, I began to notice that the "bridgejumpers" were faring much better than they had in previous years. I knew this because I bet against them and my ROI started going south in the latter half of 2010. In February of this year I decided to start making $2 show bets through XpressBet on the bridgejumper horses, just to keep my account alive.

I don't stayed logged in to my XpressBet account, and I would only log in when a horse had a very large percentage of the show pool several minutes before post time, so I didn't wager on every bridgejumper horse I saw. There were several instances where late show money came in on a horse and I bet against it via TwinSpires while not betting on it via XpressBet. I cashed a few of those bets over the last several months when the bridgejumper horse ran out.

Every time I used ExpressBet to wager $2 to show on the bridgejumper horse I used my TwinSpires account to make much larger show bets on other horses in these races, so I actually wanted the XpressBet wagers to lose. I made one wager through XpressBet on a bridgejumper horse in February, then six wagers in March, thirteen in April, twenty six in May, and before Saturday, twenty in June. Every single one of them was a winning bet. Not one of the 66 bridgejumper horses I bet through ExpressBet missed the board during those five months.

On Saturday I bet (and won) two more races on bridgejumper horses (Woodbine race 4 and Calder race 6). I then bet Ever Always in the 7th race at Monmouth, and FINALLY, after 68 winning shows wagers in a row made through XpressBet, the bridgejumper horse finished out of the money.

All told, I bet $138 (69 races) via ExpressBet from February 10 through June 18, and got back $144.10. Of course I lost a considerable amount in my TwinSpires account betting against the bridgejumpers, and I wanted to lose all 69 of the XpressBet wagers. I hope I will never see a streak like that again.

I've attached jpgs of my Feb-June XpressBet Win/Loss Reports.

I made money betting against that Monmouth horse, thanks for the contribution!

Interestingly enough, it took a horse to basically break down and get vanned off for you to lose....you didnt just lose fair and square with your horse getting outrun, you had to see the horse get pulled up to lose this bet.

pandy
06-21-2011, 10:14 PM
That's a unusual run even with heavy favorites. Of course the shorter fields help.

maddog42
06-21-2011, 11:40 PM
According to Barry Meadow in his landmark book Money Secrets at the Racetrack. Show percentages for this odds range should be around 90%. He also
thought that field size did not affect the outcome that much. I calculated the odds of hitting 60 show bets in a row. The answer I came up with was .16436 %
I believe I was conservative in my calculations. Maybe some of the Math whizzes can check my math. Meadow gives various percentages for different odds ranges ranging from under .20 (7 races) .20 to .39 (80 races) .40 to .49
(83 races) .50 to .59 (93 races). I averaged his 5 lowest odds totals and it came up 90.74%. I stopped at 60 races, so 68 races would be even more unusual.

showbet
06-22-2011, 02:54 AM
Missed your chance man. You shoulda been parlaying all that mess after the first winning wager .
I wish I had thought of that. All I would have had to have done is end the parlay and count my profit after the 68th horse hit the board.

That's a unusual run even with heavy favorites.
I thought so too. What made it even more unusual to me is that I wanted all of those heavy favorites that I bet to finish off the board, and for 68 straight wagers not a single one would cooperate. Maybe that's why the streak lasted so long!

I made money betting against that Monmouth horse, thanks for the contribution!
I'd say "you're welcome", but I didn't contribute to your winnings in the Monmouth race. It was the only race in the 69-race sequence where I made any real money. In the other 68 races I either lost money or made a very minimal profit.

I bet $2 to show through XpressBet on Ever Always in the Monmouth race, and a lot more than $2 to show through Twin Spires on the other horses that ended up hitting the board in that race, so my wagers decreased your potential winnings.

skipaway100
06-22-2011, 06:17 AM
Trying to beat the bridgejumpers has put a dent on my numbers this past year. They just haven't been falling as much.