PDA

View Full Version : Does it ever end??

sq764
11-07-2003, 04:25 PM
Is anyone else getting so numb to reading "2 more American soldiers died today", "10 more soldiers died in an ambush", etc..??

Have we made progress? How long before we pull out? How long before we get this shit moving now and get a pseudo-government in place?

How many soldiers have to die before someone wakes up here?

Suff
11-07-2003, 04:46 PM
I'm holding on for Dear Life in support of the War.

I have to believe in my president for just a Tad Longer. I'm seriously bothered by many things Happening in Iraq. And other inormation thats being thrown about. But with that said...

I have to come down for or against..and I'm still in GWB's corner with the War. But I can see the white towel being thrown in soon. The WMD and Nuclear situation. Saddam and Ossama still at large....very tough spot right now.

The Familys of these Young War Hero's. My heart goes out to them. Very Tough to lose a Promising 21 year old American.

Larry Hamilton
11-07-2003, 04:50 PM
The world is watching us. Despots are making decision models right now that gauge our resolve under pressure. If we run, our credibility is bankrupt. We, in fact, ensure it will happen all over again and again.

JustRalph
11-07-2003, 04:51 PM
It's a war, soldiers are going to die. I believe we are still under 500 for the whole damn thing. The big picture is, that the court system is back in place and almost all the schools are open. The local governments are taking more control every day. It has only been 6 months. I saw an interview with a local soldier here in my hometown. He is back for 3 weeks. Then he goes back to Iraq. he said:

"it is a much better place to live and it gets better every week"

He also commented on the fact that we only hear the bad stuff. Face it, soldiers are going to die. Soldiers prepare themselves to die. Their families should also. It is the most dangerous job in the world in a lot of ways. We have been very lucky over the last 15 or so years. Our casualties are very low for the operations we have been involved in. Only because we are the best damn Military in the world. I get upset every time one of them dies, but I look at the big picture. I think about the 13,000 deaths in training missions since WWI one too....do you see any monuments for those guys? It's a dangerous job. Don't ever forget it.

Suff
11-07-2003, 05:17 PM
No one doubts Iraq is and will be a Better Place.

Thats not what I signed on for though.

I want the Son's a Bitchs that Flew a Bunch of planes into my Friends and Neighbors. And If he was'nt directly involved in supporting it...or capable of replicating it..and intended to do so.. Then we're wasting Bullets.

I saw George Bush stand on a Pile of Rubble in Manahattan, and he said that he would get the people responsible. Where are they? John walker Lindh? Where's Osaama Bin laden? Wheres Saddam Hussien? Wheres the Banks,, what country were the Banks in (the banks that Financed 9/11). I'd feel better Bombing Norway if the Bank that Funded 9/11 was in OSLO.

Thats my Beef. I think Saudi Arabia was involved. I think Isreali Intelligence knew about it...and sacrficed innocent americans in NYC rather than compromise its Intelligence network. To me.. My President has'nt fullfilled his promise he made in NYC that Day.

Forget every Rogue Regime. I most interested in the People and Country that Supported 9/11/01. Everything else can wait.

sq764
11-07-2003, 05:21 PM
True.. If we leave there and Bin Laden and Hussein are still alive, did we really prevent anything from reocurring? Sure, we drained their accounts and destroyed most of their resources..

But essentially, we delayed the process and pissed them off more, all the while they could be sitting back and planning another one.

JustRalph
11-07-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Suff
Thats not what I signed on for though.

Suff, I have said the same thing many times. I am with you on it. I was responding to the thread. You said it........I agree.......with everything you said.

Tom
11-08-2003, 11:02 AM
This situation, unfortunately, is exactly what happens when people live out Amazin's plan for world peace. We are in a re-building, peacekeeping mission while our enemies are engaged in a war, a jihad, against us.
Order up the body bags, becasue this stategy only ensures daily murders of our troops.
Bush has his empty head so far up his spacious butt he can still see straight. If the world is watching, then they are lauging at us.
Our Iraw occupation only shows us a weak, inept confused nation.
We are in a war and until we realize it and act like it, we are going to lose this one. I think we alrady have. We need to turn this thing over to professional soldiers, who know how to wage war. Bush is far too preoccupied with profiteering to understand this. An meanwhile, our global war against terrorism has stalled and this weekend we are hearing of new attacks planned against us, both at home and abroad, and we are closing up mission this weekend. Isn't that running?
I am sad to say, and it was even harder to admit, but we sent a boy to do a man's job, and he is lost. The islominc madmen have already won this war.

:mad:

Lefty
11-08-2003, 01:43 PM
Tom, they have not won. We will win if we persevere. We will as long as Bush is there. God help us in any of the Dems win the election.Who would you rather be in charge?
Think about it.

Tom
11-08-2003, 03:00 PM
God forbid one of the 8 Stooges gets elected. We dodged a bullet with ALL Gore.
But as for us wining, think about this....everytime the arab world blinks, we get more and more worthless security dumped on us. Airline travel is already changed forever for the worse. And we are no safer today than than we were on 9-10-02. As Rush used to say about Clinton, form over content.
The Canandian border is more often a joke than customers. LAst Sunday, people from my corporate office came to visit our plant. A 6 hour trip took 10.5 hours - over 4 hours in line at customs!
Ridiculous. Some days they check every person's entie life history and others they ask essentially nothing. US customs is stopping no one from getting in here.
We are losing our troops every day for nothing-they are targets over there while our air-head government is getting ready to send over $87 BILLION dollars. At the same time, we are fighting the fight of our lives to keep the local VA hospital open and fullfill our promises to those who already gave their all for this country.
We goy out 175,000 letters supporting keeping the VA open here.
101,000 from Rochester alone. IS that no the voice of the people.
How can we jsuticfy $87 billion for a camel farm when our own people need only a few million? Now it comes out that, no surprise here, the numbers were wrong from the get go. CLosing this hospital will not save the $25 million a year they thought, closer to $8million. But even with faulty figures, the descision is still in doubt.
We are not fighting a war. Bush is running a re-election. I would rather he forget the election, finished the war on terror, and let the re-election fall where it may.
It is a different Bush today than the dynamic leader who stepped up to the plate on 9-12-01.

sq764
11-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Well, they struck Sauid Arabia just like they said they would.. 20-30 dead, 70 injured.

Looks like our soil is ripe for another terror again, hang on tight..

kenwoodallpromos
11-09-2003, 12:36 AM
! negative about the U S being big and diverse is that in attempts to please all we do too many things half way. Terrorism and war is hell and you have to do more than neccessary to survive. Although liberasls would be worse on terror, we have to be more aggressive at home and abroad against Islam. Islam started out of violence and that is really their end game fopr those who do not give in to them. Read the Koran. Check out Mohammad's biography. Those in the U S who turn Muslim ALL are taught anytrhing else has to be eliminated. I have known some U S muslims personally. That is the Muslim culture and that is why many prisoners in the U S turn muslim- there is no compromise, only forced domination. During the Muslim DC snipings there were several University Black Muslim groups on the web openly practicing paintball in preparation for the "infahad"- takeover.

Tom
11-09-2003, 01:04 AM
Maybe there is some hope. Massive raids/bombings in Ticirite today in a round up of suspects. Need to cleanout Fallalya (sp?) nest. We ake a bullet, we send back 1,000. We take a missle, we send back 1,000. It's a war. You only play to win, and you only send out your best. We should be evacuating neighborhoods, checking everyone on thier way out of town, then level every building.
Time to share some American holidays this Ramadan season:
1. The festival of napam.
2. The Agent Orange parade.
3. The day of bullets.
4. Nuke Week.

The Iraqi's need to understand one thing-we won, and if need be, we can take out everyone left. Or they can shut up, toe the line, and let us fix things form them.