PDA

View Full Version : Worm Turns for Toetoe

toetoe
06-19-2011, 02:51 AM
Okay, so I went to *M* this morning before work. I played $20 to win on an Asmussen nag at Churchill, knowing it might scratch . I loved some Yonkers horses, but I couldn't connect them in pick-threes and pick-fours; they were too far apart. I passed on Meadowlands entirely, I couldn't play Mohawk so far ahead of time, and I finally decided on an early Yonkers pick-four: :4: // :4: // :4: // :2: , :7: .

I figured [I]Arduous was worth stabbing on, as his price would be decent. Well, superchalk Doubletrouble won the first leg. Arduous opened a big lead and held on to win by a nostril in leg 2. At this point I was finished with work, and I hotfooted it down to *M* to push 'em home and get my scratch refunds. Superchalk won leg 3, and Clowns Smile, :7: , was paying $19 for a buck pick-four. I was leery of his chances from postage 7. He took almost the entire first quarter to get over to the rail and lead --- in 25.4 !!! The three chasing him were arguably done already, while :2: , Saint William, tightened up the file in fifth. He took over on the final turn, and the scary Howyadoinpal chased but did not catch. So, for a $2 investment, I got $126.50.

In race (8) I started a pick-three with lockish Jacked Up at 3/5. He was an easy winner, then I had :2: and :5: going to :3: , :4: and :5: , with :5: covered twice more for a total of $3. :5: was dead on the board in leg 2 and broke at the start. :2: was game at 3/5 and gave me my second nosebob win of the evening. In leg 3, :3: was pounded in the pick-three, "will-paying" $17 for a buck. :5: , Spy, with Eric Goodell, was paying $63, but remember I had it thrice. :3: actually pulled out fairly late and gave cover to :5: , who won it.

I also hit the exacta on the N.A. Cup --- $42.55 for a buck. :ThmbUp:

grant miller
06-19-2011, 12:40 PM
nice hits!