PDA

View Full Version : Rare Handicapping Book

Gapfire
06-18-2011, 10:28 AM
For those of you who like to collect Handicapping Books:

"Logical Longshots" by Dr. Jim Park (my father) is available in limited quantities. We have 29 copies left, and it is unlikely that any more hard copies will be published.

After it is sold out, the book will be available as an ebook, but the Hard Copy promises to be a rare item indeed.

It is available on our site, get your copy today.

Kevin

Gapfire
06-18-2011, 05:50 PM
I'll update this thread periodically.

We now have 27 copies left.

Thank you.

lsosa54
06-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Anyone have a basic review of the book?

Gapfire
06-19-2011, 02:07 PM
We've had nothing but positive feedback from those who have read the book, and use the figures on our site.

Of course, I am biased. I am unaware of any official book review on "Logical Lonshots".

Update: 26 copies left.

Kevin

dansan
06-19-2011, 05:12 PM
any recent logical longshots

Gapfire
06-19-2011, 06:02 PM

Yes, in fact, on our free play page on Friday.

My father gave out the $38 winner of the Hollywood nightcap.

dansan
06-19-2011, 06:07 PM
I had that horse I'm talking longgggggggggggggggggggggggg

Greyfox
06-20-2011, 12:39 AM
I had that horse I'm talking longgggggggggggggggggggggggg

Not long enough, eh. Yeah. Sure.
But he posted that 18-1 shot on their website.

dansan
06-20-2011, 10:34 AM
maybe I should set up a website and write a book :lol:

Gapfire
06-20-2011, 12:26 PM

Why all the sarcasm?

Gapfire
06-20-2011, 04:57 PM

Today..had a big day at Parx.

Highlight race 8
Hit the 8-6-2 Tri Cold for $916.00

Update: 25 copies of "Logical Longshots" left.

Rwahi1
06-20-2011, 09:16 PM

The way you sound...I am pretty sure you wouldn't know where to start. :D

Gapfire
06-21-2011, 05:53 PM
24 copies of the book remaining.

I should also mention that we provide performance figures for all
North American Thoroughbred tracks.

Kevin

Gapfire
06-22-2011, 04:54 PM
22 copies left.

Anyone buying the book can also have the ebook if they choose.
(made available after we sell out of the hard copy)

Jay Trotter
06-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Gapfire,

Is the book being offered a "first edition" printing?

Gapfire
06-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Gapfire,

Is the book being offered a "first edition" printing?

Yes Jay,

It is the first and only edition. 60 copies were published, and there are now only 20 left.

Thanks,

Kevin

Gapfire
06-25-2011, 10:56 AM
18 copies left.

If anyone has any problems getting their username and password after purchase, just let me know. I'll get you in right away.

Gapfire
06-27-2011, 09:53 AM
Looks like we won't sell out for a few weeks.
16 copies left.

Gapfire
07-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Dwindling down:

11 copies left.

Gapfire
07-01-2011, 10:23 PM
9 copies left.

Gapfire
07-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Going fast:

7 copies left.

bob60566
07-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Going fast:

7 copies left.
Have had this book for the last month and Access to Gap figs for Hollywood Mountineer and Hastings.
In my opinion this book confirmed my handicapping and more in the last week with results when you focus in which i was not doing..
This book has twenty five chapters and very easy read if you play the ponies at North American tracks.
Thanks Jim.
Mac:) :) :)

Gapfire
07-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the kind words Bob.
6 copies left.

jk3521
07-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Have had this book for the last month and Access to Gap figs for Hollywood Mountineer and Hastings.
In my opinion this book confirmed my handicapping and more in the last week with results when you focus in which i was not doing..
This book has twenty five chapters and very easy read if you play the ponies at North American tracks.
Thanks Jim.
Mac:) :) :)
WHA....? Could someone please explain to me what he just said?

Gapfire
07-04-2011, 04:38 PM

He was pretty straight forward I think. The Gap figs are our figures that we provide for our members.

Pace Cap'n
07-04-2011, 04:42 PM

Focus.

Gapfire
07-06-2011, 02:20 PM
We've still got 5 copies left.

After they are sold out, the book will be available in ebook form only.

Gapfire
07-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Last copy up for grabs.

We actually have 2 left, but 1 is being set aside for Contest 6 of Jay Trotter's Ultimate Parlay Challenge.

Jay Trotter
07-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Kevin,

I received my copy in the mail today. I eagerly look forward to the read.

Special thanks to Kevin and his Dad for agreeing to sponsor the next Ultimate Parlay Challenge, now known as The Gapfire Parlay Challenge.

They are putting up the last copy and a one year membership to Gapfire.com as the Prize. Very nice of them and very much appreciated.

Trotter:ThmbUp:

Gapfire
07-07-2011, 03:35 PM
We are now sold out.
Thanks to all who have purchased the book.

The ebook won't be made available for 10 days.

beefas
07-08-2011, 04:11 PM
thks for the book !! recieved my copy today.... :cool:

First_Place
07-19-2011, 11:12 PM
Why all the sarcasm?

Why? Because this forum is PACKED with a bunch of men, who though mature physically, are mentally immature, still with that high school mindset, never having left 'it' behind along with their adolescent years.

That is but one reason why I no longer post on this forum. I rarely check in, tonight being one of those rare times, and only to see what's new in the Handicapping Library and Handicapping Software subforums. Outside of those times, I avoid this place.

FP

Greyfox
07-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Why? Because this forum is PACKED with a bunch of men, who though mature physically, are mentally immature, still with that high school mindset, never having left 'it' behind along with their adolescent years.

That is but one reason why I no longer post on this forum. I rarely check in, tonight being one of those rare times, and only to see what's new in the Handicapping Library and Handicapping Software subforums. Outside of those times, I avoid this place.

FP

First_Place was asked the Question " Why the Sarcasm?"

Brilliant.
Her (/his? unlikely is above.) She no longer posts on this forum. :rolleyes:
Obviously the above couldn't have been posted by First_Place :lol: :lol:
Yes, I've always known that this forum was packed with
physically mature but mentally immature men with a highschool set. :ThmbUp:

Gapfire
08-01-2011, 03:33 PM
I'd just like to let everyone know that we have released the ebook version of
Logical Longshots.

If you'd like to combine the ebook with our other handicapping services, including our popular Quickgap figures: (very affordable)

http://www.gapfire.com/signup.php

or

If you're just interested in the ebook:

http://www.gapfire.com/book.htm

If you bought the hard copy, you are also entitled to a free copy of the ebook. Just email me, and I'll send you the link.

Thank you,

Kevin

offtrack
08-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Kevin,

I'm a Gapfire numbers user, the added membership bonus with the book purchase. Really doing well at Saratoga using the ratings.

Thanks.

Gapfire
08-02-2011, 12:11 AM
Kevin,

I'm a Gapfire numbers user, the added membership bonus with the book purchase. Really doing well at Saratoga using the ratings.

Thanks.
Glad to hear that. Saratoga isn't one of our higher percentage tracks, but the prices compensate. As a book buyer, you are also entitled to the ebook. Just shoot me an email.

Gapfire
08-02-2011, 12:13 AM
I should also mention, that PayPal doesn't always send people to the correct page after their purchase. If this happens to anyone, just hit the contact button on our site, and I'll get you in as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Kevin

Gapfire
08-02-2011, 02:55 AM
Also, for those buying memberships, our figures are calculated overnight, and are not available until the early morning of the day's races.

Kevin

lsosa54
08-02-2011, 06:18 AM
I should also mention, that PayPal doesn't always send people to the correct page after their purchase. If this happens to anyone, just hit the contact button on our site, and I'll get you in as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Kevin

Happened to me and Kevin contacted me within a few minutes.

Gapfire
08-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Quickgap Figure Users,

Gapfire covers all tracks. However, a few of the smaller tracks aren't listed.
If any member wants a track, just let me know. I'll get it up.

Thanks,

Kevin

Gapfire
08-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Some of my dad's musings about the ebook can be found on our free play page:
for Aug. 4th:

http://www.gapfire.com/08042011.htm

Kevin

Gapfire
08-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Our web host is down right now, so the above link is not working. Hopefully, they get the sever up and running soon.

Gapfire
08-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Kevin,

Thanks.

We had a big day at Saratoga yesterday. My father posted the Quickgaps on our free play page for races 4-10. All of the winners could be found in the Quickgaps. 2 good Tris, 3 big Pick 3's, and the $31000+ Pick 4.

The Quickgaps are our ratings, and can be purchased separately, or with our ebook.

http://www.gapfire.com/signup.php

Kevin

Jay Trotter
09-11-2011, 02:01 PM
I just finished reading Logical Longshots and really enjoyed it! There were a number of little nuggets in the book to make it a worthwhile read -- I would reccomend it to all.

I haven't made great use of the gapfire.com membership yet but intend to give it a better look.

Thanks Kevin and Dr. Park

ps. How do we get the first book?

Gapfire
09-19-2011, 12:55 PM
I just finished reading Logical Longshots and really enjoyed it! There were a number of little nuggets in the book to make it a worthwhile read -- I would reccomend it to all.

I haven't made great use of the gapfire.com membership yet but intend to give it a better look.

Thanks Kevin and Dr. Park

ps. How do we get the first book?

Hey Jay,

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I'm busy making additions to the gapfire site. The first book, "Cracking The Track" is sold out. We may consider releasing that one in an ebook form later on.

I'm glad you enjoyed reading Logical Longshots. I hope you give our figures a look. I believe they perform very well. My archive of our figures is getting large enough to now determine which tracks, distances , surfaces, etc. that they perform best at. The end result should mean the ability for our members to isolate better betting opportunities.

All the best,

Kevin

Handiman
09-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Just got the e-book and am loving reading it. I love books in any form. But ebooks make things so easy. But still having trouble putting them in my Book shelves.... :lol:

Thanks Kevin for the quick action!

Handi:)

coastkid
10-05-2011, 02:09 AM
Downloaded the e-book tonight. A great read, logically laid out, really gets you to thinking and doing a bit more work. Great price also; thanks for sharing your insights.

Gapfire
10-24-2011, 05:11 PM
For anyone buying access to our figures with the ebook:

The ebook is available for immediate download.

The figures are calculated overnight, and are not available until the morning of race day. So, if the track you are interested in isn't running, there will be no figures. I've had a number of people signing up, and wondering why the figs aren't there.

We calculate all races at all tracks, and the figs are up early in the morning. They are then updated for scratches about half an hour before first post.

I hope this clarifies for anyone thinking about using our service.

Thank you,

Kevin

Dave Schwartz
10-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Can this eBook be used without your figs?

Gapfire
10-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Can this eBook be used without your figs?

Yes it can. My father wrote this book to pick up longshots which figures sometimes do not identify.

bob60566
10-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Quickgap Figs

Been using these Figures that came free with book since Juy 2011 these are excellent source to your own handicapping or stand alone numbers.
The are not black box but they give you the winning % for each race.
Mac:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Dave Schwartz
10-24-2011, 07:40 PM
So ordered. I look forward to reading this book.

BTW, I was not taken to the download page after ordering. Sent you an email as suggested on the site.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Gapfire
10-24-2011, 09:02 PM
So ordered. I look forward to reading this book.

BTW, I was not taken to the download page after ordering. Sent you an email as suggested on the site.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Yes,

This still happens from time to time. If anyone else experiences this just PM me here, or contact me on the site.

Thanks,

Kevin

toetoe
10-25-2011, 03:02 PM
I no longer post on this forum.

FP

Whoa ! I just had a hallucination of First Place posting in this very thread. Dude, that's not possible, right ? :eek:

Dave Schwartz
10-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Thanks, Kevin. Because of your help I had that eBook in a matter of a few minutes.

Gapfire
10-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Thanks, Kevin. Because of your help I had that eBook in a matter of a few minutes.

You're weclome. I hope you enjoy it.