PDA

View Full Version : ATTORNEYS FEE'S

delayjf
11-06-2003, 05:31 PM
How about the law firm in Maine (I think) bitching and moaning that the state reniged on paying them 2.5 billion to settle their tobacco suit. Instead they got 750 million in arbitration.

And you think CEO salaries are outrageous.

JustRalph
11-06-2003, 05:45 PM
There pissed because the Attorneys in some states got close to a billion...........

superfecta
11-06-2003, 10:27 PM
you hit a ticket that paid big bucks and the teller tells you,I'm not gonna pay you that much money,you only bet two bucks?Well,the state entered into an agreement to pay a pecentage of monies recouped if the suit was sucessful,doesn't matter was the amount was,it's the fact they want to renege on an agreement.I think the whole suit was a sham,but since the suit was sucessful,the state should pay what was agreed on as the attoneys cut.

Tom
11-08-2003, 10:48 AM
HaHaHaHaHaHaHa.
Really sorry (*gag*) to hear that.
Just unfair (braaaaaahhhhaaahahahahahhaha!)
Anything I can do to help? (yuck ycuck yuck).
:D :D :D :D

DJofSD
11-11-2003, 02:12 AM
You know, the ironic thing about the large settlements against the tabacco companies is that now the various state governments have a vested interest in keeping the tabacco companies viable and profitable.

Think about it.

DJofSD

P.S. Perhaps CALPIRG will now buy those issues.

delayjf
11-12-2003, 07:46 PM
Why didn't state attorneys handle this case, then the state could have kept the whole pot.

Bottom line, we need tort reform. If you took the top attorney in that firm's hourly wage X 40 hrs a week X 52weeks a year X
for 30years. He would never come close to making an amount equal to his cut of that settlement. No doubt, the attorneys were the big winners in the tabacco settlement.