PDA

View Full Version : canadien pick 4

lamboguy
06-16-2011, 09:23 PM
this is the most rediculous thing that i have ever heard. if you are betting from the united states your minimum bet is $1.00 per combination. if you live in canada your minium bet is $.20. if you are a .20 player you can take down the money from the people from the united states that have to bet minimum a buck.
and not only that the pick 4 can have carryovers.

i don't think i am ever going to play the pick 4's at the mohawk.

Gapfire
06-16-2011, 09:30 PM
It works the same both ways. Where bets are being offered for 50 cents in the United States, Canadians have to play the $1 minimum. Not ideal, but I still like the pools being combined.

HoofedInTheChest
06-17-2011, 01:47 AM
Gapfire is right, being in Canada i can't play the 10 cent Supers at American tracks, or any other type of discounted bet. Atleast you have a 10 cent Super, we get stuck with a 20 cent Super and can only bet on Canadian tracks. It kind of sucks when you don't have a huge bankroll to play with and your forced to make expensive bets. Woodbine is a tough track to beat and i have had alot of luck with American tracks, but more often then not i can't afford to bet Supers on American tracks, so like Gapfire said...... it goes both ways.

Horseplayersbet.com
06-17-2011, 08:00 AM
this is the most rediculous thing that i have ever heard. if you are betting from the united states your minimum bet is $1.00 per combination. if you live in canada your minium bet is $.20. if you are a .20 player you can take down the money from the people from the united states that have to bet minimum a buck.
and not only that the pick 4 can have carryovers.

i don't think i am ever going to play the pick 4's at the mohawk.
I don't think you are correct about carryovers.

Canadians who bet through HPI or at a Canadian track or simulcast center have $1 minimums when it comes to 50 cent pick 5's, dime supers, that originate from US host tracks.

The dime GP pick 6 wasn't even offered to Canadians, because it made it impossible for a Canadian to get the jackpot (be the only dime winner).

With the CDN and US dollar so close, it would be nice to see the rules change on both sides of the border so the playing field would be equal.

lamboguy
06-17-2011, 08:08 AM
i don't like the way pick bets are structured to begin with so i stay away from them for the most part. if i were to play one, i might think that i don't like the favorite. if one of my horses scratches for any reason in the middle of a sequence i know own the exact horse i never wanted to begin with. i actually hit one of them 10 years ago that very way and i still don't like it.

Ted Craven
06-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Gapfire and HoofedInThe Chest,

To get US fractional wager units, just open an account with a US ADW accepting Canadians - Premier Turf Club or the other US ADW who prefers to fly below the radar but offers the best rebates as far as I can see.

I place my Woodbine wagers through HPI and everything else through those US ADWs, including dime supers (though I have not yet wagered fractional horizontals).

Ted

dkithore
06-17-2011, 08:31 AM
For those playing Ascot, I found interesting site that gives speed and pace (!)

http://www.patternform.co.uk/

DK

HoofedInTheChest
06-19-2011, 09:10 AM
Thanks Ted
I wasn't aware that i could open an account with a American ADW, that changes everything.