PDA

View Full Version : California, Always Good for a Laugh

Rick
11-06-2003, 02:40 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=616&ncid=696&e=10&u=/ap/20031105/ap_on_el_st_lo/bolinas_measure

Dave Schwartz
11-06-2003, 03:21 PM
Are these people basically illiterate?

Show Me the Wire
11-06-2003, 03:36 PM
IS inbreathing (LOL), is more geographically dispersed and popular, than we are led to believe?

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

Perception is reality

freeneasy
11-06-2003, 03:38 PM
what the heck was that? did not understand one single word of what any of that article was all about. ????????

David McKenzie
11-06-2003, 04:15 PM
(Scene: Mid afternoon. A local dinner with two couples sitting in booths and only one person sitting at the counter. Dave Schwartz walks in, sits down on a stool at the counter. The waitress, a middle aged woman with washed out, bleach blonde hair wearing too much makeup approaches, pencil firmly tucked in behind her right ear.)

Waitress: Good afternoon. What'll it be?

Dave: I'd like a coke, please.

Waitress: We not hatred to all corporations, but to like to drink something from Coca Cola we don't. How about a nice carrot juice smoothie?

Dave: (Somewhat taken aback, but appearing nonplused) That will be fine, thank you.

Waitress: And what'll ya have to eat?

Dave: (Tentatively) A hamburger?

Waitress: (With authority) To make beautiful world with balance all creatures alive we must keep. No burgers to eat. How about a nice celery and onion on whole wheat with a side of marinated tofu?

Dave: Check, please.

Dave Schwartz
11-06-2003, 04:34 PM
I swear that I've been to that diner... and may have dated the waitress in my youth.

delayjf
11-06-2003, 05:19 PM
Kind of makes you want to visit that town and leave them a little calling card ala mother nature.

Tom
11-06-2003, 09:39 PM
Some of these people probably ran for governor. :eek:
They lost the election because they did have a platform. They did have a platform because they could not cut down a tree.
:rolleyes: