PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Figure

WORKFORCE
06-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Been reading on Charles Carrolls Chaos Theory of late and whilst creating standards for each Racecourse in the UK the numbers rarely fluctuate from the "900" mark. Whils I agree with his sentiments, I was just wondering if the numbers produced in the choas theory could be interpreted somewhat else like Dosage Index.

Given an example of figure of 937, the 9 in the result rarely changes but could we somehow adjust calculations to convert this into "class". The next two figures are the most versatile, is there anyway to convert them into "speed" or "stamina"

937 = (9) Class (3) Speed (7) Stamina

pondman
06-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Whils I agree with his sentiments, I was just wondering if the numbers produced in the choas theory could be interpreted somewhat else like Dosage Index.

I do believe you are in the right ballpark, with choas theory. But you are moving backwards... You are wanting to isolate unknowns-- and then quantify them.

You'd be better off accepting the unknowns, as unknowns, in exchange for longterm value.

WORKFORCE
06-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Any ideas Pondman on how you could construct speed ratings around the basis of the Dosage Index? all though I have been thinking about it, the raw time element will bring you around in circles without anything meaningful.

Some_One
06-17-2011, 05:43 PM
I think you're getting way off track. A speed figure in the simplest sense is a numerical representation of a performance given the variables that were present on that day. Dosage has no effect directly in the final time of a horse. Also dosage I'm not sure is relevant for European racing, looking at the rating Animal Kingdom had, Brazil X Germany didn't score high I believe.

Robert Fischer
06-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Been reading on Charles Carrolls Chaos Theory of late and whilst creating standards for each Racecourse in the UK the numbers rarely fluctuate from the "900" mark. Whils I agree with his sentiments, I was just wondering if the numbers produced in the choas theory could be interpreted somewhat else like Dosage Index.

Given an example of figure of 937, the 9 in the result rarely changes but could we somehow adjust calculations to convert this into "class". The next two figures are the most versatile, is there anyway to convert them into "speed" or "stamina"

937 = (9) Class (3) Speed (7) Stamina

- WORKFORCE - Interesting question... can you clarify your post a little in layman's terms?

Very Interesting :eek: . I do not have the insight on Carroll's theory.

I also am foggy on UK numbers & the "900 racecourse" standard mark.

I am completely lost when you take the "37" and convert them... :confused: :confused:
(initially i thought that the "stability" of the "9" was saying the "37" were uncertain and discarded)

Capper Al
06-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Any ideas Pondman on how you could construct speed ratings around the basis of the Dosage Index? all though I have been thinking about it, the raw time element will bring you around in circles without anything meaningful.

Take a look at this:

http://www.chef-de-race.com/articles/fatigue.htm

Dan Montilion
06-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Perfect Figure... Sophia Loren?

Capper Al
06-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Perfect Figure... Sophia Loren?

Liz taylor wasn't bad in her day either.

WORKFORCE
06-19-2011, 08:04 AM
Liz taylor wasn't bad in her day either.

Lets stay on topic guys.

CapperAL, that link was great thanks.