PDA

View Full Version : Obama friends give..and receive!!!

newtothegame
06-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Guess there is no limit on how far politics will go...!!!!

Top Barack Obama donors net government jobs

FRED SCHULTE, JOHN ALOYSIUS FARRELL AND JEREMY BORDEN -- IWATCH NEWS | 6/15/11 4:37 AM EDT

Telecom executive Donald H. Gips raised a big bundle of cash to help finance his friend Barack Obama’s run for the presidency.

Gips, a vice president of Colorado-based Level 3 Communications, delivered more than $500,000 in contributions for the Obama war chest, while two other company executives collected at least $150,000 more.

After the election, Gips was put in charge of hiring in the Obama White House (http://www.politico.com/politico44/), helping to place loyalists and fundraisers in many key positions. Then, in mid-2009, Obama named him ambassador to South Africa. Meanwhile, Level 3 Communications, in which Gips retained stock, received millions of dollars of government stimulus contracts for broadband projects in six states — though Gips said he had been “completely unaware” that the company had received the contracts

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/56993.html#ixzz1PMcSEJGg

newtothegame
06-15-2011, 12:44 PM
And, to top it off...these jobs were probably counted in the jobs gains lol :lol:

DJofSD
06-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Didn't those L3 holdings go into a blind trust?

PhantomOnTour
06-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Not the thread, but the never ending cycle of 'jobs for donations' that is par for the course in politics...you scratch me, I scratch you...the betterment of our country be damned.

This is yet another reason i do not belong to any political party.
The overwhelming majority of elected officials are so much in the 'gratitude/time to pay back my contributors hole' that running the city-state-country is secondary, or worse.
Getting re-elected is usually the #1 priority...those jobs pay well, I hear.

Tom
06-15-2011, 02:54 PM
As Anthony Wiener says, "You scratch mine....here it is!"

DJofSD
06-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Is that anything like a reach around?

PhantomOnTour
06-15-2011, 02:59 PM
As Anthony Wiener says, "You scratch mine....here it is!"
Tom....every now and then....you crack me up.
Nice one, and by the way, how does Wiener pronounce his last name?
weener or whiner?...either one is funny.

Robert Goren
06-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Tom....every now and then....you crack me up.
Nice one, and by the way, how does Wiener pronounce his last name?
weener or whiner?...either one is funny.Like the hot dog.