PDA

View Full Version : It's time to go !!

cj's dad
06-14-2011, 11:20 PM
Afghanistan, Iraq, and now Libya. So many men dying for what? These people have to take care of themselves. We are not appreciated and we are not wanted. It is time to come home.

This jerk off of a President talked of ending these conflicts but all he has managed to do is get us involved in Libya; and please spare the NATO bullshit. There is no NATO without us. Bring the troops home BHO, NOW.

sonnyp
06-14-2011, 11:34 PM
Afghanistan, Iraq, and now Libya. So many men dying for what? These people have to take care of themselves. We are not appreciated and we are not wanted. It is time to come home.

This jerk off of a President talked of ending these conflicts but all he has managed to do is get us involved in Libya; and please spare the NATO bullshit. There is no NATO without us. Bring the troops home BHO, NOW.

i agree, iraq, afghanistan,libya,pakhistan out,now. foreign aid stopped. raise tarrifs on imports drop personal and corporate taxes as well as capital gains tax start drilling for oil and this country will surge.

ArlJim78
06-14-2011, 11:35 PM
what happened to the idea that if the country poses no threat to us and did not attack us then we leave them alone? now we are engaging and destabilizing the entire mideast and no one seems to object.

NJ Stinks
06-15-2011, 12:16 AM
i agree, iraq, afghanistan,libya,pakhistan out,now. foreign aid stopped. raise tarrifs on imports drop personal and corporate taxes as well as capital gains tax start drilling for oil and this country will surge.

It sounded so good, Sonny. Right up to the word "imports".

newtothegame
06-15-2011, 12:20 AM
It sounded so good, Sonny. Right up to the word "imports".
So you're against raising tariffs on imports???
Hmmmm...but , you're willing to raise taxes on corporations where they have to compete against those same imports??
NJ, please explain this logic???

NJ Stinks
06-15-2011, 01:40 AM
So you're against raising tariffs on imports???
Hmmmm...but , you're willing to raise taxes on corporations where they have to compete against those same imports??
NJ, please explain this logic???

You misunderstand my post, Newt. (It may be my fault.) I agree with Sonny up to and including the phrase "raise tarrifs on imports". After that his post goes downhill fast.

I'm off to bed now. I need to look sharp tomorrow for Day 2 at Royal Ascot. ;)

Greyfox
06-15-2011, 01:58 AM
Nothing can be solved in Afghanistan supporting a corrupt regime.

newtothegame
06-15-2011, 02:03 AM
You misunderstand my post, Newt. (It may be my fault.) I agree with Sonny up to and including the phrase "raise tarrifs on imports". After that his post goes downhill fast.

I'm off to bed now. I need to look sharp tomorrow for Day 2 at Royal Ascot. ;)

Ahh ok...that's a tad better since your previous post said "up to" imports....:lol:

lamboguy
06-15-2011, 07:11 AM

This jerk off of a President talked of ending these conflicts but all he has managed to do is get us involved in Libya; and please spare the NATO bullshit. There is no NATO without us. Bring the troops home BHO, NOW.the conservetives put us in these places to begin with, and the liberals are keeping us here now. it sounds like the gambino's and bonnano's to me!

Tom
06-15-2011, 07:39 AM
Nothing can be solved in Afghanistan supporting a corrupt regime.

Nothing can be solved in Afghanistan supporting an honest regime, either.

Robert Goren
06-15-2011, 07:39 AM

I agree. It is past time to come home. We should never have been there in the first place. I agree with Ron Paul it is time to get the troops out Europe, Japan and South Korea as well.
I am glad to see some conservatives joining some of us liberals in thinking that all these wars are not making us any safer and is money down the toilet hole. Their change in thinking on this matter over the last 4 years is amazing. Even Paul said he no longer feels like a lone wolf in the republican party. I do wonder if they have really seen the light or if it is just anti Obama retoric that will end as soon as he is out of office. I hope it is real change of heart. We need all the help we can get to fight off the people who have never seen a war that we shouldn't get involved in like McCain and Lieberman.

Tom
06-15-2011, 07:40 AM
the conservetives put us in these places to begin with, and the liberals are keeping us here now. it sounds like the gambino's and bonnano's to me!

That just about nails it. :ThmbUp:

ArlJim78
06-15-2011, 12:02 PM
no it really doesn't nail it, we went into Iraq with the full support of all top liberals. nobody seems to remember that. they only got cold feet when things started to take too long and the war popularity plunged.

the war efforts really don't break out cleanly along liberal/conservative lines.
for conservatives you have everything from Ron Paul who would bring all troops home tomorrow, to Lindsey Graham who never met a war he didn't want to get involved in. you have a similar chasm on the left.

the wars are backed by the globalists -the too big to fail international money and corporations.

liberals feel that these are conservative institutions because some Republicans are involved, but they couldn't be more wrong.

lamboguy
06-15-2011, 12:14 PM
money finds its way and corrupts both liberals and conservetives equally. that is why that statement is correct. this country is governed by the bankers and corporations and for the bankers and corporations. they are happy to have liberals and conservetives slugging it out, it takes the heat off of the real culprits, THEM

cj's dad
06-15-2011, 01:19 PM
money finds its way and corrupts both liberals and conservetives equally. that is why that statement is correct. this country is governed by the bankers and corporations and for the bankers and corporations. they are happy to have liberals and conservetives slugging it out, it takes the heat off of the real culprits, THEM

Correct and well said.

My generation lost 58,000 in the Vietnam "conflict". This waste of human life to support these corrupt governments has to cease now. Enough !

lamboguy
06-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Correct and well said.

My generation lost 58,000 in the Vietnam "conflict". This waste of human life to support these corrupt governments has to cease now. Enough !you better believe it. those bankers don't care about our brave soldiers, they care about money, and money only. the bankers and politions kids are never in the wars, its always the other guys kids too.

Marshall Bennett
06-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Considering we import 70% of the oil we consume, I would imagine we'll always keep a military bond with the Middle East. I see it only getting worse.

sonnyp
06-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Considering we import 70% of the oil we consume, I would imagine we'll always keep a military bond with the Middle East. I see it only getting worse.

that's exactly why we need to drill, drill, and drill. we won't be independent tomorrow, but we need to produce our own and start today.

then, the middle east can stick it. isn't this obvious ?

Jay Trotter
06-15-2011, 04:23 PM

CALL TO ARMS....

....Canadians are surrounding our oil patches as we speak, armed with hockey sticks and poutine!

It's kind of amusing how much attention all the "troubled spots" like the Middle East receive when in fact America receives about 25% of its imported oil from Canada. (2,151,000 barrels per day) Canada sends the US about 81% more oil than the next closest country which happens to be Mexico (1,186,000 barrels per day). Saudia Arabia and Venezuala sit 3rd and 4th respectively.

We're so vanilla!

Greyfox
06-15-2011, 04:29 PM
CALL TO ARMS....

....Canadians are surrounding our oil patches as we speak, armed with hockey sticks and poutine!

It's kind of amusing how much attention all the "troubled spots" like the Middle East receive when in fact America receives about 25% of its imported oil from Canada. (2,151,000 barrels per day) Canada sends the US about 81% more oil than the next closest country which happens to be Mexico (1,186,000 barrels per day). Saudia Arabia and Venezuala sit 3rd and 4th respectively.

We're so vanilla!

Obama is of the misguided opinion that Canada's massive tar sands
produce what he has referred to as "dirty oil."
He is wrong of course.
Oil extracted from tar sands is oil. It's just that simple.
Unfortunately Obama is stuck on a "green agenda" so he's not interested in what is right next door and before his very eyes.
Probably "ditto the same" for Colorado's shale deposits.
They are not on his "greening of America" field of vision.
We'd all better see if we can still remember how to ride bikes, because that's the press he's sending everyone towards.

sonnyp
06-15-2011, 04:37 PM
CALL TO ARMS....

We're so vanilla!

this piece speaks of an america that is long gone, but it is our history.... and one of your countrymen found the courage to point it out...

k_hbaYtJ2aw

this was done in the mid-1970's.....scary that it could apply today

magwell
06-15-2011, 05:06 PM
you better believe it. those bankers don't care about our brave soldiers, they care about money, and money only. the bankers and politicians kids are never in the wars, its always the other guys kids too. Bottom line is.... if we had a draft and {i mean a fair one} where the politicians had skin in the war, it would a whole different game.....

GaryG
06-15-2011, 05:51 PM
My position has always been that we were done in Iraq when we got Saddam. Should have left his head on the steps of a mosque and pulled out. At this point it seems that the liberals have become the hawks. There is nothing for us to gain in the middle east. They hate us no matter what we do. Trying to prop up another "democratic" regime is ridiculous. It would last about a week until the next civil war. Barry: Pull out like your father should have.

Tom
06-15-2011, 10:07 PM
When Tommy Franks came home, so should have ALL the troops.

GaryG
06-16-2011, 06:52 PM
The funding for the Libyan War (there are no hostilities) should come from Barry Hussein's re-election fund. The only purpose is to "get" Qadaffi like he "got" Bin Laden. That is the only thing that has kept him afloat this long.

Greyfox
06-16-2011, 09:35 PM
CALL TO ARMS....

We're so vanilla!

America could have oil, if Obama cared.

Obama Admin Objects to Alaska Oil and Gas Development Bill

More at link: http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2011/06/16/16greenwire-obama-admin-objects-to-alaska-oil-and-gas-deve-61926.html

Tom
06-16-2011, 09:54 PM
I am sick and tired of that stupid argument that it will take years to get oil flowing once we start drilling here. If we had started the first time some moron said that, we would be rolling in oil today.

Obama is a total jerk who is killing the economy with his moronic liberal tree hugging, quiche-eating policies. Liberalism will destroy mankind.
Not only is he against the oil bill, he is opposed to Boeing creating jobs in S Caroline. then man is the worst enemy America has today - far worse than Al Qeda.