PDA

View Full Version : So Jerry Jones.....

Valuist
06-14-2011, 09:59 AM
The Rangers got to the World Series last fall and now the Mavs have their NBA title. You had planned on having home field advantage for the Super Bowl last season but that didn't work out so well, did it? Nothing but pure implosion. I wouldn't be surprised if JJ was rooting for the Heat. The Mavs win only turns up the pressure more on the former "America's Team".

Robert Goren
06-14-2011, 10:09 AM
Huh? :confused:

PaceAdvantage
06-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Come on detective...if you're even remotely interested in sports, that should have made plenty of sense.

Valuist
06-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Huh? :confused:

You don't think teams in cities where other sports teams win don't feel pressure? You are kidding yourself if you don't. Listen to any sports talk for an hour and you will hear callers complaining about one team's ownership & management. "Why can't they be like team X in town who spends the money correctly?

Mark Cuban and Co just upped the pressure on Jerry.

cj's dad
06-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Come on detective...if you're even remotely interested in sports, that should have made plenty of sense.

R U name calling ?

RaceBookJoe
06-14-2011, 01:35 PM
The Rangers got to the World Series last fall and now the Mavs have their NBA title. You had planned on having home field advantage for the Super Bowl last season but that didn't work out so well, did it? Nothing but pure implosion. I wouldn't be surprised if JJ was rooting for the Heat. The Mavs win only turns up the pressure more on the former "America's Team".

ESPN should be jumping on the cowboy bandwagon pretty soon..as usual. rbj

ElKabong
06-15-2011, 01:02 AM
Jerry is in a bit of a pickle. He's cash strapped b/c of the stadium going ~200 mill more than he thought, it's well known he took shortcuts in some areas (audio / acoustics for upper deck for ex.) to be able to afford the bling that place offers.

He passed on a LOT of free agents last season that were good fits per the media here, the guess was he was short on bonus cash for the pacts. In any event, JJ does live for the hype and bang.

Deep down he's burning over the Rangers newfound competence in the front office, resulting in more W's and championship runs (this IS a baseball town- anyone sayong it isn't doesn't know what they're talking about), and now the little mavs won a title.....

JJ has a problem now, at least in his own mind. He once owned this town b/c the other franchises here were very poorly run. Now he and Hicks (stars) are the ones sucking hind teat. It has to eat at him b/c the Cowdogs are essentially his entire life, has been since 1989.

dav4463
06-28-2011, 01:12 AM
Still I would bet that in Dallas; a preseason Cowboys game would get higher ratings than a Mavericks NBA Finals game or a Rangers World Series game.

cj
06-28-2011, 11:18 AM
R U name calling ?

You don't know who "Robert Goren" is? Law and Order, Criminal Intent?

cj's dad
06-28-2011, 11:40 AM
I was poking a little fun at PA after his OP re: name calling. Yes, I watch CSI all the time and was particularly disappointed with the final episode.

You don't know who "Robert Goren" is? Law and Order, Criminal Intent?

ElKabong
06-28-2011, 11:12 PM
You don't think teams in cities where other sports teams win don't feel pressure? You are kidding yourself if you don't. Listen to any sports talk for an hour and you will hear callers complaining about one team's ownership & management. "Why can't they be like team X in town who spends the money correctly?

Mark Cuban and Co just upped the pressure on Jerry.

Remember the last 2 yrs when Landry coached? TX Stadium was half full. The cocaine and boob job crowd stayed away in droves & the Walmart sect stayed away too.

No one here wants to see bad football. There's too much good football to be seen (high school, D1 college). You know that better than me probably, so you know what I'm saying. People here won't stand for a bad football team / program. It's like putting a glass of Boone'sFarm in front of a wine snob. He'll turn his nose up @ it

Valuist
06-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Remember the last 2 yrs when Landry coached? TX Stadium was half full. The cocaine and boob job crowd stayed away in droves & the Walmart sect stayed away too.

I wanna know where the boob job crowd is hanging out.

ElKabong
06-29-2011, 09:14 PM
lol, in dallas sports, it's whoever is winning at the time (cocaine and boob job crowd)....expect a lotta silicone implantage at mavs games next yr, accompanied by some slimy looking 30-somethings with running noses and contemporary outfits....i.e, 1985 Sean Penn starter kits

maddog42
07-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Jerry is in a bit of a pickle. He's cash strapped b/c of the stadium going ~200 mill more than he thought, it's well known he took shortcuts in some areas (audio / acoustics for upper deck for ex.) to be able to afford the bling that place offers.

He passed on a LOT of free agents last season that were good fits per the media here, the guess was he was short on bonus cash for the pacts. In any event, JJ does live for the hype and bang.

Deep down he's burning over the Rangers newfound competence in the front office, resulting in more W's and championship runs (this IS a baseball town- anyone sayong it isn't doesn't know what they're talking about), and now the little mavs won a title.....

JJ has a problem now, at least in his own mind. He once owned this town b/c the other franchises here were very poorly run. Now he and Hicks (stars) are the ones sucking hind teat. It has to eat at him b/c the Cowdogs are essentially his entire life, has been since 1989.

Well Elk, This was a good post. When you stay away from politics and Longhorn Football I tend to agree with you.

maddog42
07-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Still I would bet that in Dallas; a preseason Cowboys game would get higher ratings than a Mavericks NBA Finals game or a Rangers World Series game.
I don't think so anymore. I know football is still king, but this season was the highest NBA Finals ratings in many many years. A white guy that can actually play helped ratings a lot. When is the last time that the Cowboys actually put out a quality product ? And I don't mean just making the playoffs.

toussaud
07-02-2011, 10:14 PM
as long as vick 2.0 is in the same division as him he can save his money and this coming from a life long cowboy fan

eagles will win it all this year