PDA

View Full Version : NY Times

bigmack
06-14-2011, 02:12 AM
"The Grey Lady" asked for her readers to help them sift through Palin emails. :lol:

What a pathetic rag they've turned into. I remember Sundays with a hot cup o' mud and The Times.

Can you say painfully dishonest?

Christ. How do some of these people live with themselves?

cj's dad
06-14-2011, 11:58 AM
The Washington Post has done the same. Unbiased my ass.

TJDave
06-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Unbiased my ass.

Since when were papers unbiased? Go back 50-75 even a hundred years and most were much worse. Might as well have been printed on yellow paper.

I read the NYT and WP and have managed to escape the curse of liberalism. Most folks with half-a-brain can filter bias...Whether it comes from left or right.

bigmack
06-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Since when were papers unbiased? Go back 50-75 even a hundred years and most were much worse. Might as well have been printed on yellow paper.

I read the NYT and WP and have managed to escape the curse of liberalism. Most folks with half-a-brain can filter bias...Whether it comes from left or right.
Ask the Editor of The Times if he thinks they're biased.

That's the audacity of the crowd. Blatant partisanship without admission.

HUSKER55
06-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Why is everyone so afraid of Sarah? Right now I would vote for her just to find out what it is that frightens them.

BlueShoe
06-14-2011, 03:34 PM
The Washington Post has done the same. Unbiased my ass.
Make it an ugly trifecta. In California we have the Los Angeles Times, for decades the distributor of left wing bias.

TJDave
06-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Ask the Editor of The Times if he thinks they're biased.

That's the audacity of the crowd. Blatant partisanship without admission.

It's the nature of the beast.

Ask the Chairman of McDonald's about the health worthiness of their foods.

It's pervasive, irrespective of political persuasion. People lie about their product.

Tom
06-14-2011, 04:07 PM
It's pervasive, irrespective of political persuasion. People lie about their product.

Unlike Mikey Dee, the Times has an obligation to report the news that is protected in the Constitution. Not to single them out, as it applies to ALL media, when the fail to do so and let their political leanings dictate their stories, it is time for them to have their credential lifted and no longer enjoy special treatment. The only reason a free press is allowed to exist is to
benefit the people. Most of what I see in the Times is better fit to dime novels and Gasper mailings.

As the people that own this country, we need to demand more from all that purport to represent our interests.

bigmack
06-14-2011, 04:07 PM
It's the nature of the beast.

Ask the Chairman of McDonald's about the health worthiness of their foods.

The 'nature of the beast' with news outlets is about 95/5, pro-left.

McDonald's has salads.

The Times is SO FAR left they've lost all credibility within the confines of anything resembling journalist ethics & practices.

TJDave
06-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Unlike Mikey Dee, the Times has an obligation to report the news that is protected in the Constitution. Not to single them out, as it applies to ALL media, when the fail to do so and let their political leanings dictate their stories, it is time for them to have their credential lifted and no longer enjoy special treatment. The only reason a free press is allowed to exist is to
benefit the people. Most of what I see in the Times is better fit to dime novels and Gasper mailings.

As the people that own this country, we need to demand more from all that purport to represent our interests.

The Constitution gives the press the right to publish pretty much anything it wants...Biased or no. That's why it's called a 'free' press.

I don't understand what all the whining is about. Don't like a particular paper?

Don't read it.

riskman
06-14-2011, 07:23 PM
I would say the NY Times does not hide the fact that it is a liberal newspaper.Most of the Opinion and Editorial content is slanted to the left.The sections: News, Business, Science, and Sports are fairly balanced. The sections:Opinions,Arts, Style and the Sunday Magazine slant to the left.If you live in the NE and are urban oriented the Times does appears more balanced then if you live in the South, Midwest and West.
Personally, I am not a liberal but I'll be damned if I purchase the NY Dailey News or Post. These papers have become like the National Enquirer with their headlines and lead stories about murder, sex, and corruption and the NYC sport teams players, managers, coaches and owners are torn down on a regular basis.

Tom
06-14-2011, 09:39 PM
The Constitution gives the press the right to publish pretty much anything it wants...Biased or no. That's why it's called a 'free' press.

I don't understand what all the whining is about. Don't like a particular paper?

Don't read it.

Whining? Is it whining to have concern over a biased press distributing false or incomplete information? The very idea of a free press was put into the Constitution to protect our freedom, not dilute it. It is a responsibility. It is not about like a paper or not buying one. The first thin any dictatorship doesn't is control and limit the flow of information. Out FF understood this and tried to prevent the free flow of the truth.

NJ Stinks
06-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Whining? Is it whining to have concern over a biased press distributing false or incomplete information? The very idea of a free press was put into the Constitution to protect our freedom, not dilute it. It is a responsibility. It is not about like a paper or not buying one. The first thin any dictatorship doesn't is control and limit the flow of information. Out FF understood this and tried to prevent the free flow of the truth.

Yep. No doubt about it.

You're whining.

Tom
06-14-2011, 10:38 PM
Amazing.

And you guys whine about Fox news.
You really deserve Obama.

NJ Stinks
06-14-2011, 11:53 PM
Amazing.

And you guys whine about Fox news.

That's true. But I man up and admit it! :p :lol: