PDA

View Full Version : Beyer fig for the Belmont?

PhantomOnTour
06-13-2011, 09:45 AM
I'm scared to ask. It's gotta be low...my guess would be a 95 or so and that's generous.
Tough fig to figure, if you follow me. The other two dirt 'routes' were run at 1m and were both faster than par at every call, but the Belmont was on a shitty track at an odd distance & was slow at every call. Wanted to compare it to Friday's Brooklyn but they were run over two different track conditions. I just don't have pars for 12f dirt races :D ...who does?
Go figure....

toussaud
06-13-2011, 09:47 AM
I don't even want to know.

the saving grace is that it was in the slop. will get some mercy points added to the total and make it respectable

FenceBored
06-13-2011, 09:59 AM
100 even.

PhantomOnTour
06-13-2011, 10:09 AM
100 even.
Now that's a joke imo...no way this race deserves a 100.

Some_One
06-13-2011, 10:12 AM
Does the figure for this race really matter? Of course not.

Valuist
06-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Does the figure for this race really matter? Of course not.

Agree completely. A mile and half run over sloppy dirt is really irrelevant.

BIG49010
06-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Same as the derby by my estimate

Some_One
06-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Agree completely. A mile and half run over sloppy dirt is really irrelevant.

Ding Ding Ding, you're a winner! Exactly what I was thinking.

Bruddah
06-13-2011, 10:39 PM
What the Triple Crown has shown me is, what a poor crop of 3yo's this year. But, we actually had determined this before the Ky Derby. It was confirmed in every race thereafter.

PaceAdvantage
06-13-2011, 10:41 PM
I've become a fan of Shackleford, so it doesn't really matter to me if this is a bad crop or not. I still enjoyed the series.

duncan04
06-13-2011, 11:09 PM
I've become a fan of Shackleford, so it doesn't really matter to me if this is a bad crop or not. I still enjoyed the series.

I agree. Became a fan of Animal Kingdom after seeing him race at Turfway in the Spiral Stakes. Also liked Shackleford. Looking forward to seeing them race up to the Breeders Cup

cj
06-13-2011, 11:13 PM

I did too, and sometimes these historical comparisons are a waste of time. That said, the Belmont stunk, but the weather played a part.

horses4courses
06-14-2011, 12:39 AM
As they sing during the limbo......

"how low can you go? how low can you go?" ;)

affirmedny
06-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Now that's a joke imo...no way this race deserves a 100.

Why, because he was a longshot? If Animal Kingdom ran the same number I have a feeling no one would question it.

Valuist
06-14-2011, 11:50 AM
We also should remember that the 3 year old crop needs to be viewed as a whole; not just the Classics. What about the sprinters? The Factor is a very good horse, and it will be interesting to see how Maclean's Music does (when is he running again?). Not to mention the 3 YO turfers, who would appear strong. Horses like Animal Kingdom, Brilliant Speed and other turfers who ran in the Triple Crown races should make for a very strong 3 YO turf crop. And lets not forget, we aren't halfway thru the year. Most years theres a few late developing 3 year olds who pass many of the Triple Crown participants.

Fingal
06-14-2011, 12:21 PM

So did I because a horse with that kind of tenacious early speed is always dangerous. And looking at the attendance figures & handle, evidently allot of people enjoyed the Triple Crown series. But evidently Andy Beyer didn't, guess he couldn't cash any of his bets.

http://www.drf.com/news/triple-crown-thriving-series-could-use-some-tweaks

Ruler On Ice’s victory in the Belmont Stakes (http://www.drf.com/events/belmont-stakes)brought the Triple Crown to an unsatisfying conclusion. The competition in this spring’s classic races had been subpar, and for the 33rd straight year no horse was going to sweep the three-races series. Then the Belmont then turned into an anticlimax when Kentucky Derby (http://www.drf.com/events/kentucky-derby)winner Animal Kingdom was squeezed back at the start and virtually eliminated from contention, making possible Ruler On Ice’s implausible upset

(rest at link)

cj
06-14-2011, 12:53 PM
So did I because a horse with that kind of tenacious early speed is always dangerous. And looking at the attendance figures & handle, evidently allot of people enjoyed the Triple Crown series. But evidently Andy Beyer didn't, guess he couldn't cash any of his bets.

http://www.drf.com/news/triple-crown-thriving-series-could-use-some-tweaks

(rest at link)

Why does him not liking the series have to mean he didn't cash? Maybe he just didn't like it because the horses were mediocre, which is his prerogative.

Rackon
06-14-2011, 01:34 PM
We also should remember that the 3 year old crop needs to be viewed as a whole; not just the Classics. What about the sprinters? The Factor is a very good horse, and it will be interesting to see how Maclean's Music does (when is he running again?). Not to mention the 3 YO turfers, who would appear strong. Horses like Animal Kingdom, Brilliant Speed and other turfers who ran in the Triple Crown races should make for a very strong 3 YO turf crop. And lets not forget, we aren't halfway thru the year. Most years theres a few late developing 3 year olds who pass many of the Triple Crown participants.

This is way too much like common sense.

I enjoyed watching AK alot this spring, picked up on him before the Spiral, and I also liked Shackleford. The Belmont was a let down for me mainly because of the slop and AK's bad luck. But I always enjoy the series itself, and while the injuries to several of the top early 3 YOs was disappointing, that happens every year.

I like the sentiments expressed in Claire Novak's racing blog last week concerning this year's Belmont, the current 3 YO crop and the TC series:

http://espn.go.com/horse-racing/blog/_/name/novak_claire/id/6641823/glass-half-empty

I'm a glass half-full person myself.

The Hawk
06-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Someone posted on another board it was 100.