PDA

View Full Version : hollywood park graded stakes

toussaud
06-11-2011, 02:10 PM
i'm quite mad that hollywood park decided to have one of it's biggest days of the year on the belmont stakes day. The Charles Whittingham, Affirmed and Honeymoon all run today not to mention a non graded 2YO stakes race and some pretty salty allowance races.

I understand running your card on the big day at another track but man i can't play both tracks at the same time and yet i want to :(

Tom
06-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Why can't you?

The mud at Belmont has stopped from any play there today.
I'll watch a few, but no betting.

Disappointing...but I have learned to never play an off track.

Stillriledup
06-11-2011, 03:36 PM
i'm quite mad that hollywood park decided to have one of it's biggest days of the year on the belmont stakes day. The Charles Whittingham, Affirmed and Honeymoon all run today not to mention a non graded 2YO stakes race and some pretty salty allowance races.

I understand running your card on the big day at another track but man i can't play both tracks at the same time and yet i want to :(

I think its a good idea to have a 'big day' scheduled on this day.....if there was a horse going for a Triple Crown, there would be a HUGE crowd at Hollywood to see the Belmont as well as their race card and the handles would be also great.

PaceAdvantage
06-12-2011, 07:25 PM
The things some people will complain about are mind boggling. So ponderous at this point as well.