PDA

View Full Version : The Belmont bus is on the road

JustRalph
06-11-2011, 07:57 AM
The bus from Baltimore is delayed due to missed riders, a car crash and a car fire......and the booze hasn't even started flowing......yet!

Cj's dad and Justralph made the bus........small victories :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
06-11-2011, 08:08 AM
http://m.youtube.com/index?client=mv-google&desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US&rdm=4mvi3lsz4#/watch?v=a1kqb5vJ3_U

JustRalph
06-11-2011, 08:16 AM
Http://twitgoo.com/2c0rys

Greyfox
06-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Have a blast guys and keep us posted. :ThmbUp:

Tom
06-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Wish I was going with you guys.
Have a great day. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Greyfox
06-11-2011, 10:31 AM
It's raining in New York fellas.

http://fr.toonpool.com/user/856/files/bus_in_rain_248415.jpg

JustRalph
06-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Rain is blowing into our seats/60 deg . Little rough but not too bad

Cjs dad hits $548 pick 3

Video from my eve phone

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=zlaX7BuFEfs

Shelby
06-11-2011, 02:52 PM

Cjs dad hits $548 pick 3

Video from my eve phone

Nice job, CJ's dad!! :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
06-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Met up with always wonderful Grits !

BillW
06-11-2011, 02:56 PM

Cjs dad hits $548 pick 3

Video from my eve phone

Your link isn't working ... it's pointing to some non-related videos.

BTW, Nice hit D!!!

JustRalph
06-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Thanks Shelby damn it's cold

Cjs dad

JustRalph
06-11-2011, 03:00 PM
zlaX7BuFEfs

zlaX7BuFEfs

Shelby
06-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Met up with always wonderful Grits !

Tell her hi from me!!!

Shelby
06-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Thanks Shelby damn it's cold

Cjs dad

Suck it up and win some more money :D

Tom
06-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Nice hit CJD!

I know you had the 4 in the Acorn...:ThmbUp:

Cool video, Ralph....better than HRTV!

JustRalph
06-11-2011, 03:50 PM
VMblEA3PvjU

VMblEA3PvjU

BillW
06-11-2011, 04:04 PM
VMblEA3PvjU

VMblEA3PvjU

From the looks of the tractors, off the rail is the place to be :lol:

JustRalph
06-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Justralph scores the dime super for $635 in the 9th

New leader on the board going into the 10th

Track stills looks very kind to speed, on the turf too

Spiderman
06-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Congrats, JR. Looks like maintenance was using the flat portion on the track.

JustRalph
06-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Congrats, JR. Looks like maintenance was using the flat portion on the track.
Correct cjd

Shelby
06-11-2011, 05:21 PM

New leader on the board going into the 10th

Track stills looks very kind to speed, on the turf too

NICE!

Belmont has been very kind to me yesterday and today, too.

My picks....for what they're worth.

Shackleford, Prime Cut, Mucho Macho Man, Animal Kingdom

Tom
06-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Looks like they have more tractors than horses in some of the races!

Nice hit Ralph!

JustRalph
06-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Justralph talks Cjs dad into betting the $40 winner in the 10th

Justralph hits the exacts and slides just under the signer limit

High fives all around the beer bus crowd!

JustRalph
06-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Cross posted from the other thread

No big winners in the feature

Justralph and cj's dad lead the bus in winnings.......

Cj's dad hits the 18 dollar winner in the 12th to cap a big day for both of us. It was a great trip headed back on a somewhat reserved bus full of Baltimore horse players. Next stop for pizza and a long ride home.

thaskalos
06-11-2011, 08:41 PM

The best bet in racing...right Ralph? :)

cj's dad
06-12-2011, 02:33 AM
I just got settled in after arriving back in the "land of Brooks Robinson & Johnny Unitas". Our bus docked at 12:30 AM- I dropped JustRalph at his car and did a U-turn back down the hill to the local pub as I was too wound up to hit the rack. After a few Jack Daniels on the rocks, I decided to play Keno; the local version of"you got nothing else to piss your money away on, so we"ll help you out". Playing 5 numbers random for 5 games, I hit for $300. What a day.

To get back to Belmont. Sitting there and watching in person race after race, NOBODY was closing. At that point, JustRalph and I started to look at early speed and disregarded closers. We did well. I have to give credit to JR and his alerting me to the #1A in the 10th who had just missed beating Gio Ponti by 1/2 length. There have been 2 occasions where JustRalph and I have wagered together; several months ago at Laurel and today at BP. He and I combine his JCapper info and my pacefigures #s and we do very well. Looking forward to seeing those of you who are coming to Saratoga on 8-18 thru 8-21.

cj's dad
06-12-2011, 02:35 AM
Holding a winning $90+ winning ticket on the #5 in race 12- does anyone know if I can cash this at Saratoga ??

JustRalph
06-12-2011, 08:22 AM
The best bet in racing...right Ralph? :)

You Betcha!

Keno? This guy hits a race sitting on the bus, and then he goes home and tosses his winnings into the Keno pot and hits for another $300? Come on!!

On the bus ride home we watched Let it ride. The line about 'you might be walking around lucky' applies to yesterday..........:ThmbUp:

I haven't seen Let it Ride in the while. Love Jennifer Tilly and Terry Garr in their prime. That Red Dress had about 2 bucks worth of material. The line

"Guess Who?" " A football salesman" is classic.

Btw, I noticed I was posting in the third person. Bob Dole might do that, but It sure looks weird now, reading it back.

That's what happens when I have a few beers and get cut loose with an Ipad and a Smart Phone at the track.

Grits
06-12-2011, 08:32 AM
It was a good day, and certainly not one in which all wagers lost! ;)

Wish "the bus" was picking me up here at my hotel; I'd be sleeping the way home, instead of driving. I've got to get motivated here, I've not had my coffee yet!!

Relax and enjoy the quiet of Sunday, guys. Same goes for all at NYRA who put on the show. Thanks to each of them.

PhantomOnTour
06-12-2011, 09:52 AM
The wisdom of NYRA and how they take care of their guests....they now have no racing the day after the Belmont.
This is for guys like CJD and Ralph who surely are in no condition to get up and handicap the big carryover this morning. :lol:

Nice hit there Ralph on that supa'...one of these days I will venture from Cajunland and meet y'all in Yankeeland.
Lookin forward to it.
Seems like great company, but i had better sharpen up on my alcohol intake. You guys would put me to bed....early.

Grits
06-12-2011, 10:22 AM
The wisdom of NYRA and how they take care of their guests....they now have no racing the day after the Belmont.
This is for guys like CJD and Ralph who surely are in no condition to get up and handicap the big carryover this morning. :lol:

Nice hit there Ralph on that supa'...one of these days I will venture from Cajunland and meet y'all in Yankeeland.
Lookin forward to it.
Seems like great company, but i had better sharpen up on my alcohol intake. You guys would put me to bed....early.

There are many of us who can't hang with the level of intake--and that's OK, you will join in nicely, POT, you will. Hope you can come up one year.

Its 10am, still no PA anywhere, that sorry degenerate rascal . . . . I swear he's been called worse.:lol:

Giving me a complex, I'm in the state of NY all week, and he's ducking.

Packed, cache of coffee and danish, time to face the traffic . . . say a prayer for me, guys, the track flow is hell for the next 9 hours, as are the fools around the Capital Beltway. Give me the LIE any day, any hour. I despise driving in DC.:ThmbDown:

Greyfox
06-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Btw, I noticed I was posting in the third person. Bob Dole might do that, but It sure looks weird now, reading it back.

That's what happens when I have a few beers and get cut loose with an Ipad and a Smart Phone at the track.

I really enjoyed your posts ......Thank you. They brightened this forum and the day. :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
06-12-2011, 12:19 PM
I really enjoyed your posts ......Thank you. They brightened this forum and the day. :ThmbUp:

Just for the record, I might have had 4 beers all day yesterday. That was enough for me. I am a lightweight in my older years. The days of Tequila and such are gone. I do sneak a 7 n 7 every now and then at the house. Those 8a screwdrivers on the bus went right by me. I didn't have a drink until the afternoon.

Greyfox, thanks. It was fun.

Grits......be careful. Be Safe.

PhantomOnTour
06-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Just for the record, I might have had 4 beers all day yesterday. That was enough for me. I am a lightweight in my older years. The days of Tequila and such are gone. I do sneak a 7 n 7 every now and then at the house. Those 8a screwdrivers on the bus went right by me. I didn't have a drink until the afternoon.

Greyfox, thanks. It was fun.

Grits......be careful. Be Safe.
Perhaps the reason you took down that nice super...clearheaded.
When i go to the track with my brother and father they are so shitty by the 6th race that i have to chaperone, make the bets, hold the voucher, and (most importantly) get them home safely.....it's a labor of love :)
When we go to the Preakness i bring a team of caretakers with me :lol:
What a mess...

cj's dad
06-12-2011, 02:14 PM
I was able to rouse myself out of bed about an hour ago. Showered and dressed for a wedding at 5 PM at a mansion in Baltimore County. Taking off tomorrow. These bus trips are a killer. Getting too old for this stuff. You all have a nice day 'cappin.

PaceAdvantage
06-13-2011, 12:22 AM
That's what happens when I have a few beers and get cut loose with an Ipad and a Smart Phone at the track.I couldn't get a decent data signal all day long on my iPhone...had to abandon generating my oddsline from my home PC via LogMeIn...still had a very good day nonetheless.

cj's figures rock...

PaceAdvantage
06-13-2011, 12:23 AM
Its 10am, still no PA anywhere, that sorry degenerate rascal . . . . I swear he's been called worse.:lol:

Giving me a complex, I'm in the state of NY all week, and he's ducking.I would never intentionally duck you Grits...that's no way to treat a fine Southern woman such as yourself... ;)

I have a lot of making up to do at Saratoga... :lol:

JustRalph
06-13-2011, 09:28 AM
I couldn't get a decent data signal all day long on my iPhone...had to abandon generating my oddsline from my home PC via LogMeIn...still had a very good day nonetheless.

cj's figures rock...

had a great 4G signal the whole time thru my Sprint Phone. When you can post a video of the stretch call from your phone in the stands within a few minutes of a race, it's a whole new world .

When it comes to phones, Android.........:ThmbUp:

Tom
06-14-2011, 07:35 AM
had a great 4G signal the whole time thru my Sprint Phone. When you can post a video of the stretch call from your phone in the stands within a few minutes of a race, it's a whole new world .

When it comes to phones, Android.........:ThmbUp:

Seriously, Ralph, that video you posted was awesome!:ThmbUp:

JustRalph
03-22-2017, 02:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlaX7BuFEfs

The video mentioned above

JustRalph
03-22-2017, 02:43 PM
There's more to the story of this bus trip that I found out later on.

I'll save it. But will update it later. Now's not the time.