PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Stakes undercard

LemonSoupKid
06-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Anyone have particular opinions on the undercard, including the Pick 6 and Pick 4 ending with the big race? I understand the Pick 6 is a minimum $2 wager, correct?

I have made my prelim picks, not sure what I might do to single ... I feel strongly that Animal Kingdom wins tomorrow, but sorta wanna throw in Master of Hounds for the big payout shot in the final leg ... but obviously something like 2x3x3x3x3x3 can be quite expensive. Better to go 2 singles and SPREAD huge in the sprints and Just A Game?

Thanks,

LSK

ceejay
06-10-2011, 10:37 AM
If you are looking to put in about $1000 to the pick 6 pool, I think that you are better off utilizing a number of tickets and the Meadows or Crist method of ticket development. Those methods force you to prioritize and lets you go deeper in some legs, but requires that some of your primary picks win.

Here is an example of some fictional numbers that I think give you a greater chance of winning than a straight single ticket ("caveman" approach according to Crist).

jsk42069
06-11-2011, 10:04 AM
If you are looking to put in about $1000 to the pick 6 pool, I think that you are better off utilizing a number of tickets and the Meadows or Crist method of ticket development. Those methods force you to prioritize and lets you go deeper in some legs, but requires that some of your primary picks win.

Here is an example of some fictional numbers that I think give you a greater chance of winning than a straight single ticket ("caveman" approach according to Crist).
The Belmont Pick 6 is $144000 I think a well played card is worth a small wager. There are a lot of horses to choose from however and I usually play pick sixes that have don't have more than 60 horses. It is part of the stakes so what the heck!!! Go Master of Hounds..lol