PDA

View Full Version : TPR POST

John
11-04-2003, 09:27 AM
Hi can someone point me to the post that gave TPR formula.A compleat formula for PACE ratings.I tried to search and could not find.

Thanks

John

Pace Cap'n
11-04-2003, 04:55 PM
I found a thread that might be close to what you are looking for, but can't the URL to wrap.

Do a search for "BRIS Turn Time" (without the quotes) and look for a thread started by Tom with that title.

John
11-04-2003, 07:27 PM
Thanks Pace for the info......John

Dick Schmidt
11-05-2003, 03:56 AM
Roca,

Though the indicated thread is interesting, it has nothing to do with TPR ratings. Total Pace Ratings are not derived by using a formula, but rather are based on an equivalent, or parallel time chart. This enables you to compare performances at different distances and (if you work at it) at different tracks.

The ratings were developed by Tom Hambleton (with help from some other guy) and are available in book form.

Dick

Who still has a box of books in his garage.

nomadpat
11-20-2003, 11:11 PM
Allways software has the TPRs listed on a couple of the reports, you get the EPR, FFR and TPR for each horses last 5 races. Real nice to have. Combined with the Brohamer report, pace handicapping is easy these days :)
The Pace Makes the Race book discusses how to make, but I admit I am too lazy to do the work by hand, plus there is the chance of an error by hand.