PDA

View Full Version : Is There More To This?

Pell Mell
06-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Swat team invades home over student loan. I figure there must be more to this than what's said. Our beloved gubbmint would never do something like this without good reason.
I posted this in the hope that Mosty, who gets to the bottom of everything, can explain what happened here.

http://www.news10.net/news/article/141072/2/Dept-of-Education-breaks-down-Stockton-mans-door

PhantomOnTour
06-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Nothing but bait in this thread.
I presume you think Mostpost is the official Lib word on all issues under the sun (you may be right about that), but what does this have to with Dems or Reps? Because it happened in an uber-Left state like California? Because a Dem is in the White House?

Makes no sense to bring Mosty's name into your OP in this thread.
Gubbmint-yes
Mosty-no

HUSKER55
06-08-2011, 11:32 AM
WOW!!! A bill collector sends in a SWAT Team and the person in question isn't even there.

I do believe that is a first.

Pell Mell
06-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Nothing but bait in this thread.
I presume you think Mostpost is the official Lib word on all issues under the sun (you may be right about that), but what does this have to with Dems or Reps? Because it happened in an uber-Left state like California? Because a Dem is in the White House?

Makes no sense to bring Mosty's name into your OP in this thread.
Gubbmint-yes
Mosty-no

I said nothing political nor did I mention Pugs or Libs. I asked Mosty because he seems to be a very good researcher and figured he might find out the whole story. Next time I'll ask your permission before I post! :kiss:

PhantomOnTour
06-08-2011, 11:43 AM
I said nothing political nor did I mention Pugs or Libs. I asked Mosty because he seems to be a very good researcher and figured he might find out the whole story. Next time I'll ask your permission before I post! :kiss:
Like your recent post regarding Mosty (and I quote), "Why waste time with Mosty, he just doesn't get it and never will...". That's from the 'Gay Flag' thread.
Soooooo...is he a good researcher who can find answers or does he just not get it, or are you just a shit stirrer?
We know the answer..... :kiss:

TJDave
06-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Ironic that this should happen in Stockton. If I were a career criminal and with all the police being laid off, that's where I'd want to live.

But, apparently, not if I owed money to the federal government. :rolleyes:

Pell Mell
06-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Like your recent post regarding Mosty (and I quote), "Why waste time with Mosty, he just doesn't get it and never will...". That's from the 'Gay Flag' thread.
Soooooo...is he a good researcher who can find answers or does he just not get it, or are you just a shit stirrer?
We know the answer..... :kiss:

Better a stirrer than an eater! :p

PhantomOnTour
06-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Better a stirrer than an eater! :p
I rest my case.
How ironic that it's the Libs who get accused of resorting to insults when they have no valid argument.

Later, and good luck getting your question answered. :ThmbUp:

Dave Schwartz
06-08-2011, 11:57 AM
This IS an example of government out of control.

The amazing thing is, "Where is the public outrage?" Where is the ACLU?

cj's dad
06-08-2011, 11:58 AM
FROM THE ARTICLE:

"All I want is an apology for me and my kids and for them to get me a new door," Wright said.

If this is all he wants after spending 6 hours handcuffed in a cop car with his kids he is a MORON. Sue the bastards.

"We have met the enemy and it is us".

lamboguy
06-08-2011, 11:58 AM
we need more patriot acts

boxcar
06-08-2011, 01:30 PM
we need more patriot acts

More importantly, we need more patriots in this country. I'm beginning to think the ostriches far outnumber them.

Boxcar

JustRalph
06-08-2011, 01:58 PM
FROM THE ARTICLE:

"All I want is an apology for me and my kids and for them to get me a new door," Wright said.

If this is all he wants after spending 6 hours handcuffed in a cop car with his kids he is a MORON. Sue the bastards.

"We have met the enemy and it is us".

My exact thoughts

mostpost
06-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Swat team invades home over student loan. I figure there must be more to this than what's said. Our beloved gubbmint would never do something like this without good reason.
I posted this in the hope that Mosty, who gets to the bottom of everything, can explain what happened here.

http://www.news10.net/news/article/141072/2/Dept-of-Education-breaks-down-Stockton-mans-door

The link you provided did not work. I found other references to the story, but they all linked back to the original news10 story. Those links did not work either.

Finally I went to the News10 website and found this.
http://www.news10.net/news/local/article/141108/2/Questions-surround-feds-raid-of-Stockton-home

This seems to be a follow up to the original story. In the story are some facts that change the situation somewhat. (Not sure how much.)
Excerpt:
A U.S. government official confirmed for News10 Wednesday morning federal agents with the Office of the Inspector General (OIG), not local S.W.A.T., served the search warrant. The official would not say specifically why the raid took place. He did say the search was not related to student loans in default.

He went on to say OIG is a semi-independent branch of the U.S. Department of Education that executes warrants for criminal offenses such as student aid fraud and embezzlement of federal aid.

From what I surmise, the wife is wanted in connection with a student loan.
However, not for having defaulted on that loan. Apparently some type of fraud took place in the application for that loan. Maybe she was not a student or was not carrying the hours she claimed. Perhaps she misstated her income.
Those are all just guesses.

In any case, it appears that a criminal act was involved rather than just non payment of a loan. Whether the use of a SWAT team was overkill is a matter for debate. Not knowing all the facts, I don't think I will get involved in that debate.

Pell Mell
06-08-2011, 02:42 PM
The link you provided did not work. I found other references to the story, but they all linked back to the original news10 story. Those links did not work either.

Finally I went to the News10 website and found this.
http://www.news10.net/news/local/article/141108/2/Questions-surround-feds-raid-of-Stockton-home

This seems to be a follow up to the original story. In the story are some facts that change the situation somewhat. (Not sure how much.)
Excerpt:

From what I surmise, the wife is wanted in connection with a student loan.
However, not for having defaulted on that loan. Apparently some type of fraud took place in the application for that loan. Maybe she was not a student or was not carrying the hours she claimed. Perhaps she misstated her income.
Those are all just guesses.

In any case, it appears that a criminal act was involved rather than just non payment of a loan. Whether the use of a SWAT team was overkill is a matter for debate. Not knowing all the facts, I don't think I will get involved in that debate.

I knew you would find out something.:ThmbUp: