PDA

View Full Version : Cost-effective PC Online Support Website

trying2win
11-04-2003, 05:42 AM
The well-known computer magazine PC WORLD, had an interesting article about a relatively new PC online support company. Here's the article:

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,102249,00.asp

--I've had the odd computer problem, after having a computer crash a few weeks ago. Don't know what caused it...maybe a virus, or I inadvertently deleted a file I shouldn't have. Whatever, one of the problems I've had since then, has been trying to get some handicapping programs to work again.

--Contacted lots of people the last few weeks, from the handicapping program vendors, to so-called computer experts around town, read computer troubleshooting articles online. The Microsoft support site offered some clues, but their "how-to" instructions for solving some computer problems were too vague to follow. Most of the computer help I could find, was to no avail. That is, until I did a search for computer troubleshooting online and found out about a terrific new company at www.liverepair.com .

--For only $11.95 for a 1 month subscription, I decided to try their remote diagnostic and screen sharing technologies for solving computer problems. Happy to report, one savvy computer tech at Live Repair. com, came up with an innovative remedy to fix a glitch in one of my handicapping programs.

--I was very impressed with the results and a such a reasonable cost. Too bad I didn't know about their service before . Wish I had known about their company when they first started. I've shelled out enough money over the last few years, to some local computer repair companies at clip-joint hourly rates.

--Has anybody else tried Live Repair.com , or had a pleasant experience ...i.e. service-wise and cost-effective wise with any other computer repair business?

Thanks,

Trying2win