PDA

View Full Version : Arlington 6/8

Dahoss9698
06-08-2011, 02:38 AM
Interesting situation in the fifth and I'm curious how players look at a specific horse. #:6: Hero's and Crooks makes his 2nd start for Louie Roussel. He bred the colt and he is out of the Roussel owned Arrested Dreams who was a neat filly a few years back. She won 8 of 12, over $300,000 and was 2nd in the grade 1 Matron at Belmont.

She's produced horses who have down their best work on the dirt, some with some sucess sprinting, some going a route of ground. Hero's and Crooks has a full brother named Oratory that won 3 of 5 starts including the Peter Pan.

In his debut, a MSW sprint at FG in January, Hero's and Crooks broke well and sat 2nd. He took over turning for home, tired and finished 4th, beaten 2 1/2 lengths. SO today he shows up in a 35k maiden claimer going 5 1/2 on the grass. He's second choice on the ML.

There are a couple trains of thought here. He's a 4 year, so this probably what he is worth, so maybe they are just trying to get something for him. However, why not at least try to stretch him out before dropping him? And why the rush to grass? I never like seeing a horse move to another surface after an okay effort especially after his siblings have all performed best on dirt.

He can certainly win, but I'm not interested in him at what will be 3-1 or 4-1. I like the #:1: Souladar.

What do you guys think?

Red Knave
06-08-2011, 09:11 AM
He can certainly win, but I'm not interested in him at what will be 3-1 or 4-1. I like the #:1: Souladar.

What do you guys think?
I think 3-1 is as high as this one goes, it's quite possible he winds up favorite.
He has the right style to win this race, i.e. reasonable early speed, but as you say, why the jump to grass? He has worked reasonably well on the poly. I can't argue against Souladar.
I wouldn't take any horse in here at less that 5-1.

duncan04
06-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Went off at 2-1 and came from off the pace to beat the favorite #9. Nice win

mabred
06-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Figures!!