PDA

View Full Version : PA members at Belmont Saturday

cj's dad
06-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Just Ralph and I are going to be there along with OTM Al and I believe PA himself will be making a scheduled appearance. Time and location to be announced at the last possible moment to help with crowd control.

Any others ?

BillW
06-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Just Ralph and I are going to be there along with OTM Al and I believe PA himself will be making a scheduled appearance. Time and location to be announced at the last possible moment to help with crowd control.

Any others ?

Any Secret Service? :p

lamboguy
06-06-2011, 03:09 PM
i might show

cj's dad
06-06-2011, 06:24 PM
i might show

good deal Phil- we are normally on the 2nd level just inside the 1/16 pole-great seats- I'll let you know where when I know for sure- if you can stop by and say hello or let me know where you will be.

D

OFFandRUNNING10
06-06-2011, 10:09 PM
I will be there... tackling the buffet all day in the garden terrace room. Hopefully going to stuff my wallet and my stomach.

OTM Al
06-07-2011, 10:58 AM
I will be there... tackling the buffet all day in the garden terrace room. Hopefully going to stuff my wallet and my stomach.

I'll be in the Garden Terrace some of the time. Let me know your table # and I'll stop by and say hi.

lamboguy
06-07-2011, 12:38 PM
i love all tracks, but belmont is favorite one. it is the major league of all horseracing worldwide

toetoe
06-07-2011, 02:49 PM
If you see him, please post photos of John Piesen to Twitter, wouldja ? :jump:

point given
06-07-2011, 07:17 PM
If you see him, please post photos of John Piesen to Twitter, wouldja ? :jump:

In his NJ sansabelt style ?:lol:

Track Collector
06-07-2011, 09:42 PM

Any others ?

Hello Dennis,

I'll be there too in section 2N. (Sounds like it may not be too far from where you will be.). Maybe the Maryland guys can bring some of that New York money back home. :)

Chris

toetoe
06-07-2011, 09:47 PM
In his NJ sansabelt style ?:lol:

Obi quiet !!! :D

LemonSoupKid
06-07-2011, 10:05 PM
I'll be there, but I'm not sure where.

Any recommendations?

nijinski
06-07-2011, 11:48 PM
You lucky guys , I can't convince any of my Jersey peeps to make the trip
with me .They all want to avoid the bridge and the LI traffic. I miss Belmont ,
please get some photos , and not just the winning tickets.

cj's dad
06-08-2011, 08:33 AM
Regarding seating-

the chartered bus trip I take has a group 0f 40-42. The individual buying the tickets purchases 50. There are seats left over. I will see if he will be willing to sell any leftovers. I will post by Friday at the latest if there are tix available and the cost if anyone is interested.

These are always great seats.

Grits
06-09-2011, 09:28 AM
Hopefully, after today, this heat passes, it is supposed to, at least. Its 9:25 a.m. and its 88 degrees already. Yesterday on the LIE, inside the car, the outdoor temp registered 100.

Thankfully, a cool front is supposed to come in tonight. I had hoped I was leaving this behind me--at home.

Hate this kinda heat, and hate it for horses running even worse.:faint:

PhantomOnTour
06-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Hopefully, after today, this heat passes, it is supposed to, at least. Its 9:25 a.m. and its 88 degrees already. Yesterday on the LIE, inside the car, the outdoor temp registered 100.

Thankfully, a cool front is supposed to come in tonight. I had hoped I was leaving this behind me--at home.

Hate this kinda heat, and hate it for horses running even worse.:faint:
We've been hitting plus 95 degrees lately here in the land of swamps-n-gators with a few days last week hitting the dreaded 100 barrier.

OFFandRUNNING10
06-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Belmont cancelled racing today due to heat.

OFFandRUNNING10
06-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Anybody know what time the gates officially open?

cj's dad
06-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Calling for a toasty 104* today in the "land of pleasant living". That's ambient temp, not the heat index.

We've been hitting plus 95 degrees lately here in the land of swamps-n-gators with a few days last week hitting the dreaded 100 barrier.

Grits
06-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Glad they cancelled. Much too hot. Thinking 11 a.m. for gate, but TLG would know for sure, OAR10.

OFFandRUNNING10
06-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Glad they cancelled. Much too hot. Thinking 11 a.m. for gate, but TLG would know for sure, OAR10.

Nooo 11am has to be way to late. First race is at 11:30. Has to be 8:30-9sh I would think.

Grits
06-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Nooo 11am has to be way to late. First race is at 11:30. Has to be 8:30-9sh I would think.

Can't imagine getting up at some awful hour to be at simo at 8:30--for any race, anywhere. :lol: NNNNNNNOOOOOOO can do.:lol: Now, to watch training just after light, then go have breakfast--totally different.

calltopost
06-09-2011, 11:53 AM
TO EVERYONE THAT'S GOING TO BE THERE:

Would anyone like to start a special thread on race-day and post track conditions and maintenance in real-time? Or how the horses look in the paddock? That would be very cool.

JustRalph
06-09-2011, 12:17 PM
TO EVERYONE THAT'S GOING TO BE THERE:

Would anyone like to start a special thread on race-day and post track conditions and maintenance in real-time? Or how the horses look in the paddock? That would be very cool.

Pa, you're up.........

Anyway to incorporate a twitter feed to the board? That would be perfect

OTM Al
06-09-2011, 12:33 PM

Web site says 8:15

Tom
06-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Good idea....always enjoy Al's on-site reporting. :ThmbUp:

OTM Al
06-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Good idea....always enjoy Al's on-site reporting. :ThmbUp:

Would do it myself but volunteered to help with the event. If I get a minute here and there, I'll chime in on a relevant thread, but can't make any promises on this one. Thank god it's going to cool down. Hate wearing a suit and tie, but if the weather would be anything like today, I think I'd hit my weight loss goal in about 45 minutes in that get up.

calltopost
06-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Would do it myself but volunteered to help with the event. If I get a minute here and there, I'll chime in on a relevant thread, but can't make any promises on this one. Thank god it's going to cool down. Hate wearing a suit and tie, but if the weather would be anything like today, I think I'd hit my weight loss goal in about 45 minutes in that get up.

What do you help with? Just wondering

OFFandRUNNING10
06-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Web site says 8:15

Thanks for the update!

OTM Al
06-09-2011, 12:50 PM
What do you help with? Just wondering

My main duty Saturday will be assisting with some of the sponsor groups, but the rest of the time I will be lending a hand to help with whatever of the million details needs an extra hand. It really gives one a whole different perspective on a day in the life of a track. Since it isn't my regular job I think I'm allowed to say it's kind of fun, but guarantee you it's an amazing amount of work for the staff to run a day like Saturday.

Grits
06-09-2011, 12:55 PM

Thought you were asking for days other than Belmont Day. Sorry.

OTM Al
06-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Here comes the storm. Temp is dropping fast.

LemonSoupKid
06-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Will anyone be gathering even for a little bit? If so I'd like to see some of you guys ... that would be fun(ny).

OTM Al
06-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Minor correction. Parking gates open at 8:15, admissions gates at 8:30

cj's dad
06-10-2011, 10:28 AM
How about the 2nd concourse even with the 1/16th pole after the 5th race ?
Pics of most who will be at Belmont can be found in the photo gallery from the last 2 Toga gatherings.

Will anyone be gathering even for a little bit? If so I'd like to see some of you guys ... that would be fun(ny).

OTM Al
06-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Interesting day already. Rode the elevator up first thing with Ron Turcotte.

LemonSoupKid
06-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Pics of most who will be at Belmont can be found in the photo gallery from the last 2 Toga gatherings.

Ok, I'll look for you guys there.

Track Collector
06-10-2011, 03:29 PM

Might sound a little silly, but it would not hurt to have a post it note on your shirt with your PA Forum name. Some of us know each other while others do not. :)

JustRalph
06-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Might sound a little silly, but it would not hurt to have a post it note on your shirt with your PA Forum name. Some of us know each other while others do not. :)

Don't worry, I got that covered.........

BillW
06-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Don't worry, I got that covered.........

Ralph will be the one wearing the justralph boxers :lol:

Bruddah
06-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Interesting day already. Rode the elevator up first thing with Ron Turcotte.

Can either of you still make the weight? (lol) :lol:

JustRalph
06-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Ralph will be the one wearing the justralph boxers :lol:

We will have our pace advantage hats on backwards and sporting pierced noses and huge grills!

Our pants will be half way down our asses and I will be the one with the huge clock hanging around my neck. Ala Flavor Flav!

calltopost
06-10-2011, 08:47 PM
We will have our pace advantage hats on backwards and sporting pierced noses and huge grills!

Our pants will be half way down our asses and I will be the one with the huge clock hanging around my neck. Ala Flavor Flav!

HAHA!

Hey... can I have a PA hat? Or do I have to post winning selections first?

Grits
06-10-2011, 09:15 PM

Is this where your seats are? Something tells me it possibly is. :lol:

cj's dad
06-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Is this where your seats are? Something tells me it possibly is. :lol:Grits- we are typically at the 2nd level - 2T- I'''ll PM you w/my cell #

OFFandRUNNING10
06-10-2011, 10:11 PM
I will try to make it down.

Grits
06-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Grits- we are typically at the 2nd level - 2T- I'''ll PM you w/my cell #

Try to see you all. I'm not prone to name tags though. So for any new folks, look for CJd and JR, and listen for the "southern accent" close by.

Grits
06-11-2011, 03:03 PM
You guys were "all no shows". Only. Cjd, Ralph, and myself. PA, where are u? Al, sorry I missed u. Later guys. GL everyone.

JustRalph
06-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Hooked up with Otm Al for a few minutes.

There are some fine ladies walking around the grounds.......in sun dresses freezing there $&$$$ off. You guys are missing the show.

Tom
06-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Hooked up with Otm Al for a few minutes.

There are some fine ladies walking around the grounds.......in sun dresses freezing there $&$$$ off. You guys are missing the show.

Video......please.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!

(and no Wienner shots!):eek:

sonnyp
06-11-2011, 06:37 PM
rumor has it you guys were spotted rubbing elbows with prominent new york politicians : weiner, spitzer, reingle and clinton.

nice group, they're probably handing out the trophy.

JustRalph
06-11-2011, 07:49 PM
No big winners in the feature

Justralph and cj's dad lead the bus in winnings.......

Cj's dad hits the 18 dollar winner in the 12th to cap a big day for both of us. It was a great trip headed back on a somewhat reserved bus full of Baltimore horse players. Next stop for pizza and a long ride home.

OTM Al
06-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Sorry I missed you Grits. Was happy to see Ralph and cj's dad, if only for a few minutes. Had a great time with my groups and also managed to get myself into the winner's circle to watch the Belmont. The roar coming off the crowd at the begining and end was unbelievable. Wish there was a little more sun, but a fun day. Going to sleep like a rock.

Track Collector
06-11-2011, 09:26 PM
I went to the appointed place at the appointed time, but did not see anyone. :confused:

Perhaps another time.

Still had a good time, despite the poor weather.

point given
06-11-2011, 09:36 PM
rumor has it you guys were spotted rubbing elbows with prominent new york politicians : weiner, spitzer, reingle and clinton.

nice group, they're probably handing out the trophy.

Nope, trading phone numbers:cool:

JustRalph
06-11-2011, 10:29 PM
HAHA!

HAHA!

https://twitter.com/darealjustralph/status/79703436819570688

Grits
06-11-2011, 11:36 PM
It was a damp, chilly, misty day--one that I hadn't planned on having to buy a Belmont Park zip up sweatshirt. And still chilly. All in all, though, it was a good day and there were some nice prices.

Hope everyone had a good and profitable day.

A friend of mine wrote an eBook recently, and in the book he spoke of his reaction to a particular surprise--he wrote:

I went from awestruck, to thunderstruck, to dumbstruck.

The pall, and the head scratching that came over the Belmont crowd could be pretty much summed up by these three words.

Belmont can always surprise. As hard as I work at this game, I never lose sight of the fact I'm dealing with an animal, one of which can, and will, win on any given day--while handicapping I can dismiss things, I can overlook things, I can devalue things, I can prefer "my own way" of doing things. Still, when all is done--I better be able to be humbled, to accept it, to be pleased for the winner and move on.

Its a great game. The greatest.

PaceAdvantage
06-13-2011, 12:06 AM
I'm sorry I didn't get to see anyone...I was running back and forth from the backyard to the seats on 2Q and never did manage to sync up...I was picking so many winners (except for the Belmont), that my services were in high demand throughout the plant... :lol:

I swear I'll make it up to ya'll in Saratoga...somehow...some way....

OFFandRUNNING10
06-13-2011, 01:26 AM
I am not to familiar with Belmont myself. I thought I went to the right place but was not seeing anyone. Sorry I missed you guys. Hopefully I will get another chance to meet up with you this summer sometime.

Hope everyone had a good day overall despite the weather. I know my belly is still full. It was an up and down day for me. I hit and missed a few races...sat at 2 that I should have played and won on. Missed in the Belmont but thankfully backed by bet down quite a bit due to lack of confidence. My big win of the day came off of "Bim Bam" in the Manhatten. I played him to place and show and he payed off nice. Hopefully you all had a few cashers on the day!