PDA

View Full Version : Scott "Total Victory At The Track"

BETKING
11-03-2003, 05:22 PM
Is anyone aware of any software that was every written for the method of play as illustated in Scott's book? This would be of much interest to me.
Thank,

BETKING

bettheoverlay
11-03-2003, 05:45 PM
I don't know of any software, but I have noticed that the Trackmaster site has been offering TVATT reports for the last few weeks on Delaware, Woodbine, Mountaineer and a couple of other tracks. They include all the categories covered in the book. You can view previous day reports for free.

BETKING
11-03-2003, 06:40 PM
bettheoverlay,
I can't find that report "TVATT" on the Trackmaster site. Where should I look?

BETKING

shanta
11-03-2003, 07:07 PM
look under selections then click on valueline and then go to previous days reports you will see it there

ilhcp
11-03-2003, 07:25 PM
I don't know how Scott got put on the platuea he's been placed on. His work "How your Horse Run's Today" on form cycles was a decent work but "Total Victory at The Track" was a beautiful Hard Cover book with worthless content. Since his passing it's amazing how many people are exploiting his name (pen name) with or without permission? Suggestion: spend your energies elsewhere.

CapperLou
11-03-2003, 07:38 PM
To:
Betking:

I would refer you to a thread entitled "Performance Class Ratings" started by Shacopate in which you posted.

If you go to that thread, you will find posts by me to a website where you will find Matt Thomas, who wrote the original software for this program.

Hope this helps you!!!

All the best,

CapperLou

Zaf
11-03-2003, 07:56 PM
You can download a free demo here:

http://www.itsdata.com/software/trs/trs.php

ZAFONIC

cj
11-03-2003, 08:11 PM
Does ITS still charge for their software, or just the downloads ala BRIS or TSN?

Zaf
11-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Software is free, Data files are $1.50.

ZAFONIC

SAL
11-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Fast Fred Pro also has the performance class ratings, plus the form cycle ratings from Scott's book. Plus other ratings and an odds line. Takes files from TSN, BRIS, Trackmaster, ITS, and DRF Formulator. Here is the link:

Fast Fred Pro (http://www.kangagold.com/html/body_ffsatur.htm)

BETKING
11-04-2003, 04:15 PM
Thanks for all the good information. I decided to buy the "Thomas Racing System". If you buy it form SMERT Software, Inc. you can specify the file that you want to use. The choice is BRISS, TM, or ITS. It has four programs that work in unison and print out together. The four programs are: TRS, TVATT, BETT and ATM. For $99.95 plus 5.00 shipping and handling seems like a good deal, but the proof is in the pudding.

Thanks for all the help in locating the software.

BETKING :)

CapperLou
11-04-2003, 04:21 PM
BETKING:

I'm glad you got the software from Thomas Racing Systems(smert Software). Matt is the one who wrote the original software for TVATT.

Pick your spots carefully and you should do well with it. Matt is very helpful; should you encounter any challenges with its use.

Again, look for horses that stand out and play when you have value.

All the best,

CapperLou

BETKING
11-06-2003, 02:04 PM
I haven't received the program but I have been studing the demo. Out of the three programs I have the books on TVATT, and BETT. I am not familiar with the TRS program. Do you know if this is Matt's own personnal method are is their any other documentation available somewhere.

Have you had any luck with any one of the particular programs? If so, would you share your knowledge. I would appreciate your help.

Thanks,

BETKING

CapperLou
11-06-2003, 02:55 PM
BETKING:

Don't waste your time with the other programs. They just happen to be on the software.

Yesterday at Churchill Downs was a HUGE day for TVAAT. The strongest play of the day was in the 2nd race and won at 12.40. The other very strong play was in the 8th and it won at 6.60 Deer Lake with Pat Day aboard.

It also had the winners of the 5th and 7th at 5.00 each. But I should emphasize that the two plays that were very strong were in the 2nd & 8th. Strike Commander in 2nd had strong PCR and a "double advantage" running line---++N and it came back at 12.40 with Cornelio V. up.

Pay attention to my previous post to you and seek out the strong plays and get value. You will see a lot of short priced winners with TVAAT and you need to look for the standouts where you can get 2-1 or more.

I have mentioned before that I have been successful with TVAAT with the racing form and later with the software for many years by being a "spot player".

All the best,

CapperLou

BETKING
11-06-2003, 03:06 PM
Good info capper!
Let me pick your brain one more time. What type tracks do you have the best luck with. The big tracks like SA, AQU or say medium size like CD, AP, DEL ? It seems to me the small track are so erratic and formless that they would be difficult to beat.

Thanks,

BETKING

CapperLou
11-06-2003, 03:26 PM
The tracks you refer to are OK. Stick with them!! Stay away from the small tracks and the ones in TX & LA!!

All the best,

CapperLou

JimG
12-22-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by BETKING
Thanks for all the good information. I decided to buy the "Thomas Racing System". If you buy it form SMERT Software, Inc. you can specify the file that you want to use. The choice is BRISS, TM, or ITS. It has four programs that work in unison and print out together. The four programs are: TRS, TVATT, BETT and ATM. For $99.95 plus 5.00 shipping and handling seems like a good deal, but the proof is in the pudding.

Thanks for all the help in locating the software.

BETKING :)

BetKing,

What do you think of the software thus far?

Jim

jrindelmar
09-28-2015, 05:02 PM
Do they work for a Mac/iPad?

Thanks,

Jeff

raybo
09-29-2015, 12:35 PM
If you have Excel on your computer I have a free Excel workbook that includes the PCR and the Form points (and a bunch of other tools, plus the DRF style "Past Performances" and the Sartin style "Pace Ratings", etc.)). You can download the workbook at the bottom of this page on my website, the correct workbook for this stuff is "alldata_j1_custom_printsheets_v5.zip", look at sheets "Form", "Odds", and "Print": http://alldataexcel.weebly.com/alldata-ni-batch---download.html

All my workbooks accept Brisnet single files (PPs Single (.drf) and MultiCaps (.mcp)) and their Exotic Results files (.xrd), as well as JCapper card and results data files (.jcp and .xrd).