PDA

View Full Version : Plaxico Burress out of jail tomorrow

PhantomOnTour
06-05-2011, 09:58 AM
I think he served his full time for his crime. No parole, no work release, nothin'...a team or two will surely be interested in this guy.

What are your feelings about Plaxico?
Fool?
Thug?
Bad ass receiver?
Another crime waiting to happen?
Man who deserves a second chance?

I remember when my favorite team, the Steelers, drafted him...i was pissed. I wanted Chad Pennington. Guess neither one was a great pick.
Wish you well Plax, stay outta trouble.

fiveouttasix
06-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Fool?...Yes
Man who deserves a second chance?...Yes
My favorite team is the NY Giants & Plax has BIG talent...hope he has a new attitude...He would always leave the huddle before Eli was done calling the play if he was not involved...drove me crazy!

Tom
06-05-2011, 10:33 AM
The guy is obviously a moron.

Should be allowed to play again?
I couldn't care less what happens to him, but he sure as hell should be allowed in any bars. Money, booze, and a serious lack of brains is a bad combo. Catching a football hardly makes up it.

cj
06-05-2011, 12:30 PM
What he did was obviously stupid, but he was screwed over by the system because he had a name. The punishment was ridiculous.

Valuist
06-05-2011, 12:55 PM
I think he served his full time for his crime. No parole, no work release, nothin'...a team or two will surely be interested in this guy.

What are your feelings about Plaxico?
Fool?
Thug?
Bad ass receiver?
Another crime waiting to happen?
Man who deserves a second chance?

I remember when my favorite team, the Steelers, drafted him...i was pissed. I wanted Chad Pennington. Guess neither one was a great pick.
Wish you well Plax, stay outta trouble.

Pennington had a few decent years and his first year in Miami he was a legit MVP candidate. Burress had a few good seasons as well.

What he did was incredibly stupid but he has more than served his time. As a fan of a team (Bears) in deep need of a WR taller than 5'10", I would like to see them sign him. Don't sign him to a big contract but load it with incentives.

cj's dad
06-05-2011, 01:50 PM
If he does get a chance with another team I hope he doesn't shoot himself in the foot.

PhantomOnTour
06-05-2011, 02:12 PM
If he does get a chance with another team I hope he doesn't shoot himself in the foot.
:D Not bad CJD

JustRalph
06-05-2011, 05:01 PM

I can just hear you saying that................ :lol: :lol:

he did get hammered by the bullshit gun laws in NY.

Nobody else got hurt..... he shouldn't be imprisoned for accidentally shooting himself.

sonnyp
06-05-2011, 05:03 PM
What he did was obviously stupid, but he was screwed over by the system because he had a name. The punishment was ridiculous.

you have hit the nail on the head.

as much as i deplore their attitude and behavior, the government went way overboard with him and vick to make examples because of their celebrity.

our government has turned to fear mongering to "rule" the general public in recent years. they got the patriot act, no longer need a warrant to enter your home and they funnel a ton of federal resources, despite the deficits, into prosecuting everybody. the attitude trickles down to the local level also.

Marlin
06-05-2011, 08:58 PM
you have hit the nail on the head.

as much as i deplore their attitude and behavior, the government went way overboard with him and vick to make examples because of their celebrity.
Plax yes, Vick no. Some think Vick should still be in the pen. I think he served his time, but I can't even compare these two as you did.

elysiantraveller
06-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Well he did go to Michigan State... :rolleyes:

Stillriledup
11-10-2015, 06:25 PM
Well he did go to Michigan State... :rolleyes:

PB unloads on NCAA and refs.

Www.twitter.com/plaxicoburress