PDA

View Full Version : TOP PICK SOFTWARE

llegend39
06-05-2011, 07:23 AM
Anyone using the Top Pick Software? Im having trouble getting past the Handicap simulcast races screen I get "Bad record number in line No line number in module BRIS at address 13EA:E80A" and then the program closes Any help appreciated thanks

raybo
06-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Anyone using the Top Pick Software? Im having trouble getting past the Handicap simulcast races screen I get "Bad record number in line No line number in module BRIS at address 13EA:E80A" and then the program closes Any help appreciated thanks

I have not tried the program but the "address" looks screwy to me.

llegend39
06-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Its an older program(1990's) I think I figured out the problem It doesnt work with the current .drf single files It will work with files that were included (98)
I then tried with the trackmaster "B" files and seems to work fine. It must have something to do with the field #'s?

llegend39
06-06-2011, 06:09 AM
I just ran a 1997 .drf file from RP thru the bris PP generator and found it contained 8 races from RP and 6 From Hol-thats where I guess it goes wrong It can determine where to stop Handicapping

KyRacer
06-06-2011, 11:43 AM
I have the program but haven't used it in years due to the same problems you are having. Use to pull it out for the Derby and other races to see how it did.

Pulled it out to see if I could get it to work and had the same problems again. I was able to load a file from 2005 that worked, but current files didn't load.

I had the same error message you got, but some times I got TB is a first time starter. I didn't think TB was a horse's name and remember that in the bris file TB appears in field 23 as the breed of the horse. The program appears to be reading that as the horses's name. TB has always been in the file so I don't know why it's causing a problem now.

I had an idea and used a text editor, I like Edit Pad Lite, to search and replace TB in the field. Searched for "TB" and replaced with just "" . Saved the file.

Loaded the file, and it worked. Replaceing "TB" with "" could cause a problem with other programs, but I tried a couple and they worked ok. You could get some one to write a small program to open the file and do the replacement for field 23. "TB" appears on every paceline in the file.

The program came out in 1996 and was a nice program for the time. You could changed the weights for the factors. Hope this helps. I'll try to attach an image of the TopPickDerby.

KyRacer

llegend39
06-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Im having the same problem with the contenders V 10.0 It will work with an older .drf file(1997) but not the the new ones or wont accept the trackmaster "B" as it is suppose to Any one with knowledge of the files willing to take a look for me?

raybo
06-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Im having the same problem with the contenders V 10.0 It will work with an older .drf file(1997) but not the the new ones or wont accept the trackmaster "B" as it is suppose to Any one with knowledge of the files willing to take a look for me?

If you have Excel 2007 or 2010, you can open the .drf file directly, highlight the entire file (by clicking in the top left corner of the rows and columns labels, or "Edit"/"Select All") then go to "Home", "Find and select", "Replace" and "Find what", TB, and "Replace all" with, "", then click "Replace all". Then click the round Excel icon (upper left of the workbook), hover your mouse over "Save as", then click "Other formats", and "Save as type" and select "CSV". Then locate the saved file on your computer, right click it and "rename" the file with the .drf extension.

socantra
06-26-2011, 10:59 PM

You can find the current file structure of the .drf files in BRIS Handicappers Library, at: http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/static.cgi?page=drfsff

They've made a bunch of changes since the mid 90's. If no one has been maintaining the software, you've probably got quite a chore ahead of you.

The Trackmaster B files don't work well with a lot of old programs, though they've had fewer changes than the drf files. In 2006, they changed their speed rating/variant scale from being based on fifths of a second to tenths of a second and it played havoc with a lot of programs

dkithore
06-26-2011, 11:21 PM
Raybo Cares!

I am glad there are quite a few here (PA) that have generously shared and continue to do so.

DK

llegend39
06-27-2011, 06:41 AM
You can find the current file structure of the .drf files in BRIS Handicappers Library, at: http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/static.cgi?page=drfsff

They've made a bunch of changes since the mid 90's. If no one has been maintaining the software, you've probably got quite a chore ahead of you.

The Trackmaster B files don't work well with a lot of old programs, though they've had fewer changes than the drf files. In 2006, they changed their speed rating/variant scale from being based on fifths of a second to tenths of a second and it played havoc with a lot of programs

I can get Top Pick to work with the Trackmaster b files and multicaps by changing the extension to .drf The C10 -not! It only works with the older files and yet I have version 6.0 that does work with the newer .drf files So Im at a loss. Ill try what raybo said Its got something to do where the program has to end The older files have simulcast races added on and I get a bad line number in module such, such warning I dont think it knows where to stop.