PDA

View Full Version : Yonkers and Big M Saturday

toetoe
06-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Yonkers 2) Start pick-three chalkily with The Admiral.

Yonkers 3) Eric the Good pilots a single: Jacked Up.

Yonker 4) Lock of locks: Clowns Smile. Take even money gladly.

Yonkers 5) An enigma. All-button, maybe ?

Yonkers 6) Cold Mist. Pray the trainer won't be hung over after hitting Big M's pick-four last night. :D

Meadowlands 10) Double Trouble. Can do, Nathan. Can do. :jump:

Cam
06-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Yonkers 2) Start pick-three chalkily with The Admiral.

Yonkers 3) Eric the Good pilots a single: Jacked Up.

Yonker 4) Lock of locks: Clowns Smile. Take even money gladly.

Yonkers 5) An enigma. All-button, maybe ?

Yonkers 6) Cold Mist. Pray the trainer won't be hung over after hitting Big M's pick-four last night. :D

Meadowlands 10) Double Trouble. Can do, Nathan. Can do. :jump:

Me likes as I have most going today.

toetoe
06-05-2011, 02:44 AM
Me likes as I have most going today.

Jacked Up cost me a baby pick-three. I didn't see the start, so I don't know whether Goodell botched the drive, but he let Bartlett jam him up so badly that he never got a shot to prove whether he was best. :(

The Vernon/Tioga/Saratoga winner from the 7-hole was a stretch, but the burn is that pick-fourwise I threw in the Tioga/Saratoga horse in the fifth race. He was only marginally better than the winner of the third (same condition, same post), and I would have a $180-plus pick-three if I went two-deep in the third.

The Admiral ($8.00 !!!) was so dominant that he fooled me. I thought he was done, but hung out as he was, he motored away after the pacesetter backed up. Possible closer bias (???), but that takes nothing away from a giggling first-over winner. :ThmbUp:

Clown's Smile won at $3.80. Goodell maybe erred when taking the pocket late after going around pacesetter Gallant Yankee. Still rallied for a game score.

I must say that Quick Deal, in the race that I had VC Chocoholic on Friday, showed me some fractions I've rarely seen from a trotter. It seems they gave the drive to the Minister of Meth and said, "Open him up and blow out the carbon." Lucky Jim was capable of :55 back halves, but :54.1 ?!? :eek: ?!?

If this guy can learn to sit a pocket for a quarter (he'll never get a disastrous trip with his early hoof), he may become a beast. He was still trying at the wire, and I think he finished fourth !!! :jump:

Double Trouble was driven first-over midway to avoid a shuffle; staggered late.

P.S. Horses I liked and din't play today, due to amnesia or budget constraints:

Colony Club --- Monmouth turf sprint --- 6/1 m.l., won and paid $23.80; :bang: ;

Howyadoin Pal --- Yonkers --- paid $11(?);

Noble's Promise --- Churchill Downs --- bet way down, pais $5 and change. Who needs it ?

lenny1964
06-05-2011, 03:34 AM
TOETOE

I saw this comment from you...

Jacked Up cost me a baby pick-three. I didn't see the start, so I don't know whether Goodell botched the drive

and I wasnt sure if you knew, but free live feeds and all replays are also free at the yonkers website now. I think it started a month or two back. I was not sure if you knew, just trying to help out. You are a very good handicapper.

toetoe
06-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the slight overstatement, Lenny. :blush:

The best horse doesn't always win at Yonkers, but Meadowlands has been a perfect mystery to me. No passing lane ? No problem, as long as it's a horse I don't have. :D

Forgot to mention Seeyouatpeelers. Wise decision to bypass the 100-grander and go in the 300-grander. Surprised she has not generated a bandwagon as large as that of Z-word.

lamboguy
06-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the slight overstatement, Lenny. :blush:

The best horse doesn't always win at Yonkers, but Meadowlands has been a perfect mystery to me. No passing lane ? No problem, as long as it's a horse I don't have. :D

Forgot to mention Seeyouatpeelers. Wise decision to bypass the 100-grander and go in the 300-grander. Surprised she has not generated a bandwagon as large as that of Z-word.that filly certainly deserves recognition. jim takter is a great trainer just like jonnie sherriffs.

toetoe
06-06-2011, 12:19 AM
My new idol is Peter Kleinhans. As opposed to Takter and Smedshammer, he is American-born, I think. I also think he trained my old girl Lavec Dream. A-a-ah ... :kiss: .