PDA

View Full Version : That darn Palin

JustRalph
06-04-2011, 08:42 AM
http://legalinsurrection.blogspot.com/2011/06/so-now-all-these-people-will-apologize.html

Interesting turn

PaceAdvantage
06-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Palin's short statement on the video was less than clear; that sometimes happens but the part of the statement which has people screaming -- that Revere warned the British that the colonial militias were waiting -- appears to be true.Well whaddya know...thanks for the link...

rastajenk
06-04-2011, 10:56 AM
For being an idiot, that Palin sure knows how to keep one step ahead of her detractors.

GameTheory
06-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Now Sarah Palin, there is a doozy. Paul Revere didn't warn the British of anything. He warned the colonists. There were no bells ringing in the churches.Maybe mosty will re-evaluate his own arrogance? (And ignorance?)

Nah....

Rookies
06-04-2011, 11:18 AM
OMG, Ralph!:lol:

While it amazes those on the right, the number of Palin gaffes the left trots out and excoriates her, it amazes those on our side the extremely vigorous defense the cons put up to attempt to defend them- each and every one.

I'll be charitable here. I think she was trying to stick in her usual tea party cry and crossed sides in the Revolutionary War to make it! I don't believe that it was a simple lack of knowledge during her upbringing in Alaska, as DeHoss asserted. This accounts for a few things, in my opinion, but not here.

It was a mistake, albeit a large one, when she used 'British' as being advised, rather than advised against by Revere. But foolish attempts at revisionary history, only prolongs the event. She should just come out and clarify it saying: " Of course, Revere advised about the British during his famous freedom ride. Just, like the Tea Party of today... blah, blah, blah... "

How a politician of clearly average intelligence, has been able to max out her bizarre personna with a combo of a PHD in local folk smarts and an attractive package IS amazing to me. Why so many stick with her to hear her ordinary Palin-isms is a symbol of the endless search by Americans for 'rags to riches stories'. It also implies an ad hominem distrust/dislike of those of higher education as not being 'like us'.

There are a few highly articulate, unblemished conservative figures, but none of them are yet running.

PaceAdvantage
06-04-2011, 11:36 AM
What really amazes me is that gaffes by Palin attain much wider notoriety than similar gaffes by politicians who hold much higher ACTUAL authority.

If you're on the left and in actual power these days, you have to twitter a picture of your nether regions in order to gain similar exposure.

Now THAT'S amazing...

lamboguy
06-04-2011, 11:38 AM
What really amazes me is that gaffes by Palin attain much wider notoriety than similar gaffes by politicians who hold much higher ACTUAL authority.

If you're on the left and in actual power these days, you have to twitter a picture of your nether regions in order to gain similar exposure.

Now THAT'S amazing...i think she is a pretty sharp gal. she must have a good reason for all this

cj's dad
06-04-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm shocked; I did not know that.

And I know I'm smarter than her.

PhantomOnTour
06-04-2011, 11:42 AM
What we are seeing, imo, is classic political overreaction....BY BOTH SIDES. One side rushes full force to make one of their adversaries look foolish/incompetent when it may just be a simple case of misspeaking, period. Then the overreaction from the other side comes....and yadda yadda yadda.

Heaven forbid any political fig mispronounce anything!

While I'm no fan of Palin and don't think she'd make a good President, she certainly isn't an idiot or an uneducated bimbo.

ElKabong
06-04-2011, 11:47 AM
With the economy in the shitter, unemployment at 9% & effectively much higher, cost of living going up up up, the current preznit's administation not able to come thru on damn near any promise, what do they focus on?

Palin.

If you're on the Left, please know the driver's wheel has been in your hands for about 2.5 years now. Focus on correcting things & stop trying to target some woman that holds no threat to you. Where I come from we have a name for "people" that do what you're doing....Coward

Greyfox
06-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Well I'll be danged. She was right after all. Here I thought that Sarah was simply trying to give us her best Gracie Allen imitation. Dang.

horses4courses
06-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Sarah was simply trying to give us her best Gracie Allen imitation. Dang.

For those of you born after the invention of television, Gracie Allen was a big celeb back in the day...... ;)

bigmack
06-04-2011, 02:51 PM
:lol: Looks like all the creeps pointing the finger of stupid at her for this 'non-gaffe' have a big stink on their fingers/

Greyfox
06-04-2011, 02:59 PM
For those of you born after the invention of television, Gracie Allen was a big celeb back in the day...... ;)

She was on TV too. Those were the days when comedians didn't need F words.
Sarah has aspects that remind me of Gracie.

mBHJoHPgnuE

RaceBookJoe
06-04-2011, 03:00 PM
:lol: Looks like all the creeps pointing the finger of stupid at her for this 'non-gaffe' have a big stink on their fingers/

Doubt you will see much of this on Maddow and the rest of msnbc. rbj

FantasticDan
06-04-2011, 04:25 PM
http://blogs.forbes.com/rickungar/2011/06/04/the-palin-apologists-strike-back/

PaceAdvantage
06-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Who knew Dahoss had a blog going at Forbes.com? :lol: (just kidding)

The whole thing, once again, is much ado about nothing.

Greyfox
06-04-2011, 04:35 PM

Thankyou for posting that link. :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
06-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Thankyou for posting that link. :ThmbUp:I'm not getting the whole "they're turning Paul Revere into a traitor in order to protect their beloved Sarah Palin..."

Do you?

PaceAdvantage
06-04-2011, 04:39 PM
It's funny though, how that Forbes.com piece mirrors almost exactly what went down here on PaceAdvantage.com....I guess we're a microcosm of society at large...no surprise there...

JustRalph
06-04-2011, 04:39 PM
it doesn't matter whether she was right or wrong. It just illustrates the fact that she gets jumped on at the slightest thing. Standard Operating procedure for the Left Wing Media. Attack what you fear. And I still don't get that.........

canleakid
06-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Sarah being Sarah, Say goodnight Sarah errr Gracie :D

Dahoss9698
06-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Looks like it's actually her apologists with a big stink on their fingers. I know I'm shocked.

But I have to laugh that it doesn't matter whether she was right or wrong. The real story is how she's a victim. You can't make this stuff up.

Spiderman
06-04-2011, 08:37 PM

Thanks, Dan. Palinistas read the link.

bigmack
06-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Rachel Maddow tried to ridicule John Boehner for claiming "We hold these truths to be self-evident" came from the Preamble to the Constitution.

In so doing, Maddow claimed there isn't a Preamble to the Constitution. :eek:

That's one of many from the Rhodes Scholar.

Ask Spiderman, FanDan & dagoof how dumb they think she is.

HUSKER55
06-04-2011, 10:33 PM
A SCHOLAR AND A JOURNALIST IN THE SAME SENTANCE. dO YOU SEE A CONTRADICTION IN TERMS HERE?:D

Rookies
06-04-2011, 10:53 PM
it doesn't matter whether she was right or wrong. It just illustrates the fact that she gets jumped on at the slightest thing. Standard Operating procedure for the Left Wing Media. Attack what you fear. And I still don't get that.........

Ralph, if it were the "slightest thing", then I'd agree. It is rather that Palin melds her Weltanschauung with twists of fact and history to make them sound like history is on her side. It is revisionism of the worst part and self serving at the best. And then there is the second issue that I commented on that the Forbes article mentions:

"It is her supporters who are pushing the argument that she was accurate in her statement by suggesting that Revere warned the British by telling them about his ride and the militia troop strength. These are the people who, in their zeal to protect their leader, are making a hero of the Revolution into a traitor."

It is this constant buffonish sycophancy from her ardent apologists that make them and HER look all the more silly. Just admit you put together the cue cards out of order and move on. But neither she, nor they do so- ever!

Without responses like Forbes, it was only a matter of time that the Tea Party book controllers & revisionists in Texas would have added a line to their history curriculum:

" Hey kids, contrary to over 200 years of our history, Sarah Palin has added her CORRECT view to Paul Revere's famous ride. Get with the program- Mr. Revere was a double agent working for the King George. Got it ?

Thanks, Ms. Palin":rolleyes: :lol: :D :bang:

PaceAdvantage
06-04-2011, 10:56 PM
And lo and behold, this last reply by Rookies is the equivalent in silliness to what he just accused the "Palin sycophants" of being.

Maybe we can all just meet in the middle and call it a draw.

Rookies
06-04-2011, 11:28 PM
And lo and behold, this last reply by Rookies is the equivalent in silliness to what he just accused the "Palin sycophants" of being.

Maybe we can all just meet in the middle and call it a draw.

Yeah, maybe mine was harsher. Put she just doesn't get a pass here. Why ? Because she and her followers continue to defend her incorrect and revisionist take on history. Just admit she was wrong or used the wrong turn of phrase in mounating her argument and move on.

I'll be interested to see what Wallace and friends say tomorrow.:rolleyes:

bigmack
06-04-2011, 11:39 PM
I'll be interested to see what Wallace and friends say tomorrow.:rolleyes:
You's always at the ready with these dopey personal stories. This one barely makes it on a level of interest for nerds on the internet and you think Wallace is going to spend time with it maņana? :lol:

Dahoss9698
06-04-2011, 11:48 PM
Rachel Maddow tried to ridicule John Boehner for claiming "We hold these truths to be self-evident" came from the Preamble to the Constitution.

In so doing, Maddow claimed there isn't a Preamble to the Constitution. :eek:

That's one of many from the Rhodes Scholar.

Ask Spiderman, FanDan & dagoof how dumb they think she is.

Nice deflection Bigsissy.

Light
06-05-2011, 01:01 AM
I could really dig listening to her when I'm all liquored up.