PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Race 7

davefulche
06-04-2011, 01:12 AM
I think the 1 should be a non-starter...the asst starter clearly has his hands on the reins and only releases after the latch is sprung. I do believe the horse cocked his head moments before the start, and I would have had no problem but the asst starter was all over the reins.

davefulche
06-04-2011, 01:14 AM
I'm wrong as usual, but for as much praise as they always give the Hollywood starting crew....I have seen numerous displays of carelessness. I know their job is extremely difficult, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be criticized when doing a bad job.

Stillriledup
06-04-2011, 01:18 AM
I think the 1 should be a non-starter...the asst starter clearly has his hands on the reins and only releases after the latch is sprung. I do believe the horse cocked his head moments before the start, and I would have had no problem but the asst starter was all over the reins.

The same thing happened HERE at Mountaineer....but, only worse. The Starter at Mountaineer never let the reins go at any point....at least the Hollywood starter let the horse break out of there and run.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83452&highlight=stillriledup

Dahoss9698
06-04-2011, 01:20 AM
I'm wrong as usual, but for as much praise as they always give the Hollywood starting crew....I have seen numerous displays of carelessness. I know their job is extremely difficult, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be criticized when doing a bad job.

This call was criminal. The starter clearly pushed Calimonco's head to his right as the gate is opening.

I'll never make a bet in California again after this nonsense.

duncan04
06-04-2011, 01:21 AM
It could of gone either way. The horse turned his head at the break and don't know if the starter had any effect after that.