PDA

View Full Version : Holder out of control

sonnyp
06-03-2011, 03:21 PM
go to some websites.....seized. barry bonds, roger clemens, john edwards.....granted not great guys, but are they worthy of prosecution ?

bonds and clemens, steroids...nobody even cares. edwards, creep of creeps, but a couple personal friends bail his ass out financially to hide a pregnant mistress from his wife. now holder with his ,newly refurbished patriot act cape, is going to go after him with an election law that's never been applied in this manner ?

most people don't realize who dangerous this out of control dept. of justice and its application of the patriot act as become.

there are so many more pressing issues and higher lever criminals for this administration to focus on. they could start with congress.

plainolebill
06-04-2011, 04:04 AM
there are so many more pressing issues and higher lever criminals for this administration to focus on. they could start with congress.

I vote for Lloyd Blankfein and Jamie Dimon. But you have a point about congress.

Pikepoles anyone?

Robert Goren
06-04-2011, 05:19 AM
If they can make this Edwards thing stick, then they will go after Ensign and couple of other senators who helped him. This is kind of a test case.

newtothegame
06-04-2011, 05:35 AM
If they can make this Edwards thing stick, then they will go after Ensign and couple of other senators who helped him. This is kind of a test case.
Shouldnt it be ALL congressional members? Just curious as you only mentioned rethugs.
I am sure there have been dems as well who have had some "issues".
Law should be applied EVENLY for ALL!
Since Ensign is a "former" member of congress.....
Would you suggest we start with good ole Bill? I mean Monica had stains on her clothing if I remember correctly....:lol:

Robert Goren
06-04-2011, 06:14 AM
Ensign has allegedly used campaign funds in a way similar to Edwards. There are differences but idea is the same. He is the only other person I know of that has similar legal problems with regard to campaign funds going to a mistress or in Ensign's case her husband. The big difference in the cases is the amount of money allegedly being exchanged. In Edward's case it was a few hundred thousand dollars. In Ensign's case, a few million.
For the record, the DOJ is beginning to move on some of the big banks. An investigation in to Goldman Sachs was recently made public. There are probably others that have not made the news yet.
http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2011/06/02/subpoena-lands-on-doorstep-of-goldman-sachs/
Rightly or wrongly cases take a lot of time these days. The DOJ case against the poker sites began under the Bush adminstration and was continued by the current DOJ. That case was at least three years in the making. No one knew about it until the papers were filed although some might have suspected something was going on.

newtothegame
06-04-2011, 06:33 AM
Ensign has allegedly used campaign funds in a way similar to Edwards. There are differences but idea is the same. He is the only other person I know of that has similar legal problems with regard to campaign funds going to a mistress or in Ensign's case her husband. The big difference in the cases is the amount of money allegedly being exchanged. In Edward's case it was a few hundred thousand dollars. In Ensign's case, a few million.
For the record, the DOJ is beginning to move on some of the big banks. An investigation in to Goldman Sachs was recently made public. There are probably others that have not made the news yet.
http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2011/06/02/subpoena-lands-on-doorstep-of-goldman-sachs/
Rightly or wrongly cases take a lot of time these days. The DOJ case against the poker sites began under the Bush adminstration and was continued by the current DOJ. That case was at least three years in the making. No one knew about it until the papers were filed although some might have suspected something was going on.

Sorry Robert....but I can NOT find you claim of "Millions" used by Ensign. Nor can I find ANY money that was alledgedly used from a campaign fund. I did find where a couple named the "hamptons" alledgedly received 96,000 but the story I read does not claim where the money supposedly came from. Could of been his personal money if that amount is right.
I do see where it says in the ethics panel that several payments of thousands of dollars alledgedly took place...but again, if this was his personal money (and not tax payer or contribution money)..I dont see the similiarities you're claiming.
Either way, it should be for ALL involved in congress.....
The DOJ currently seems to have targets on rethugs ....

Spiderman
06-04-2011, 07:09 AM
It will be difficult to prove whether campaign funds were used. The deployment of DoJ resources is misdirected. Get the bankers whose wrongdoings got the economy in the crapper.