PDA

View Full Version : XpressBet now removing some show pools?

InTheRiver68
06-03-2011, 02:15 PM
I bet against the probable bridgejumpers in Belmont's second race today (6/3/11), and after the race I missed the prices on the video feed, so I went to XpressBet to see them.

There were no show prices listed in their results. I thought maybe a horse had scratched from the field of five and they had refunded, but that wasn't the case. I thought maybe there was no show wagering to begin with, and I had inadvertently bet place, but that wasn't the case, either. Apparently, XpressBet didn't allow show wagering on this race in the first place!

It appears that XpressBet is now removing some show pools to reduce it's exposure to negative breakage. I remember we had a discussion at one point about how XpressBet was threatening to dump some customers who bet heavily in the show poll on the odds-on favorite (aka, "bridgejumpers"), but I couldn't find it.

I'll now open the floor to comment.

- InTheRiver68

Southieboy
06-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Isn't that against the rules?

lamboguy
06-03-2011, 02:44 PM
maybe net pool pricing is killing these adw's.

InTheRiver68
06-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Isn't that against the rules?
As we've discussed in previous threads (which I *still* can't find, dammit!), every guest site or ADW is welcome to remove any pools from the wagering menu that it wants to. Some guest sites don't take the Grand Slam, Super Hi-5, or other odd pools that require specific Tote programming, and that's not against the rules.

Of course, this is different. This is, "We're not taking this pool because if we take it, we might have to pay."

Every wagering location's commission rules state that they can elect to not open / not take any pool, if management deems would not be in the site's best interests. Bridgejumped show pools fall into that category.

I'm disappointed by this, because I have had several BIG days betting against bridgejumpers through XpressBet. Now they're going to lose that business.

lamboguy, net pool pricing makes little difference to the odds-on favorite's negative break. They're simply trying to prevent paying negative break at all.

- InTheRiver68

davew
06-05-2011, 02:45 AM
I think they may have removed the entire Evangeline Downs card today?

or else some of the races got cancelled?

or the bet feed was off - not sure what happened, but all my bets there got refunded

BillW
06-05-2011, 03:33 AM
I think they may have removed the entire Evangeline Downs card today?

or else some of the races got cancelled?

or the bet feed was off - not sure what happened, but all my bets there got refunded

All races cancelled after race #2 due to weather.

http://www.equibase.com/static/latechanges/html/latechangesEVD-USA.html

lamboguy
06-05-2011, 10:26 AM
As we've discussed in previous threads (which I *still* can't find, dammit!), every guest site or ADW is welcome to remove any pools from the wagering menu that it wants to. Some guest sites don't take the Grand Slam, Super Hi-5, or other odd pools that require specific Tote programming, and that's not against the rules.

Of course, this is different. This is, "We're not taking this pool because if we take it, we might have to pay."

Every wagering location's commission rules state that they can elect to not open / not take any pool, if management deems would not be in the site's best interests. Bridgejumped show pools fall into that category.

I'm disappointed by this, because I have had several BIG days betting against bridgejumpers through XpressBet. Now they're going to lose that business.

lamboguy, net pool pricing makes little difference to the odds-on favorite's negative break. They're simply trying to prevent paying negative break at all.

- InTheRiver68
from what was explained to me if an adw has a $200 wager on a negetive returning entry and also has a @200 bet on a horse that is not a negetive returning horse in the same pool they are still responsible for the negetive pool and it cost them alot more than the 5% that they have to return to the player. before netpool pricing they could balance one against the other and not get stung. netpool pricing was created i am told to accomodate the canadien tracks because of currency fluctuations on both sides of the border.
netpool pricing is pretty confusing to understand and i admit i am pretty much lost all comprehension on how its exactly done along with most people.