PDA

View Full Version : Objections fly with rainbow flag

cj's dad
06-03-2011, 09:18 AM
(http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=1359642)

from the article:

President Obama has declared (http://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/Default.aspx?id=1359574) June "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month" -- and to the dismay of a pro-family group based in Richmond, Virginia, the Federal Reserve Bank is joining in the celebration.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=1359642

GaryG
06-03-2011, 09:35 AM
I believe they left out Cross Dressing.... :lol:

Tom
06-03-2011, 11:07 AM
To honor the month, Obama failed to create 100,000 jobs he promised and allowed the unemployment rate - recently re-tooled to make it look better for him - to rise yet again.

Perhaps this moron should be focusing on other, more pressing issues.

OK, mostie, spin away.......:rolleyes:

mostpost
06-03-2011, 01:53 PM
To honor the month, Obama failed to create 100,000 jobs he promised and allowed the unemployment rate - recently re-tooled to make it look better for him - to rise yet again.

Perhaps this moron should be focusing on other, more pressing issues.

OK, mostie, spin away.......:rolleyes:
No spin required. Just another one of those so what who cares issues you guys are so fond of. Making a declaration takes less than a minute. There is nothing against the law about flying a gay pride flag as long as it is flown subordinate to the American flag. If the bigots at Pro Family want to get upset about it, let them.

Pell Mell
06-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Why waste time with Mostie, other than to have fun...he just doesn't get it and never will. :bang:

Robert Goren
06-03-2011, 04:45 PM
At least they are not flying a flag of people who fired on the American Flag.

riskman
06-03-2011, 04:49 PM
If the bigots at Pro Family want to get upset about it, let them.

So now, people that are opposed to the gay lifestyle are bigots.
Why don't you fly the rainbow flag outside your house or apartment or put the flag on your automobile or raise the flag in front of your church or other buildings that you visit. As a minimum, at least support the Harvey Milk USPS postage stamp.

mostpost
06-03-2011, 05:28 PM
So now, people that are opposed to the gay lifestyle are bigots.
Why don't you fly the rainbow flag outside your house or apartment or put the flag on your automobile or raise the flag in front of your church or other buildings that you visit. As a minimum, at least support the Harvey Milk USPS postage stamp.

Yes they are. They react out of ignorance and fear to what they refuse to understand. They see the world only through the narrowness of their vision. They refuse to learn.

Is there really a Harvey Milk postage stamp? If there is I wouldn't ask for it, but I wouldn't turn it down if they gave me one.

Pell Mell
06-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Yes they are. They react out of ignorance and fear to what they refuse to understand. They see the world only through the narrowness of their vision. They refuse to learn.

Is there really a Harvey Milk postage stamp? If there is I wouldn't ask for it, but I wouldn't turn it down if they gave me one.

Refuse to learn what? Why don't you educate us on gay pleasures

mostpost
06-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Refuse to learn what? Why don't you educate us on gay pleasures

That is exactly the ignorance I am talking about.
I am not gay, but I do know that gay "pleasures" are the same as straight pleasures.

newtothegame
06-04-2011, 12:37 AM
I am not gay, but I do know that gay "pleasures" are the same as straight pleasures.

You "know" this?? I am so not even going to ask :lol:

HUSKER55
06-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Do we know why we are sticking our nose into the bedroom of two consenting adults?

bigmack
06-04-2011, 11:02 PM
When did the rainbow get hijacked?

Gays are 3-4% of the population.

People with diabetes are 9%.

Look for the diabetes flag to fly during Diabetes Pride Month in the not too distant future. :rolleyes:

benzer
06-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Of course you're not (say it 10 times and it may come true), but we are ignorant because you say so. Because I don't believe your rubbish I'm ignorant?

Find your balance and come back to the real world.

I know you will try to lambast me because I'm new here, have at it. :lol:

toetoe
06-05-2011, 03:17 AM

What are we bigots expected to learn ? Tolerate, we can tolerate. Accept as normal, no can do. The SF Giants, the Muslim Brotherhood (any bigots there, I wonder ?), the Berkeley City Council --- bring 'em all on; it won't turn perversion into normalcy. As I've said, I love sodomy as much as the next guy. I just don't want special treatment because of it, and I don't want to tell your kids I'm special because of it.

Call us bigots while offering upraised fists and sincere coffehouse frowns, but don't be too eager to investigate how Mexicans and Muslims feel about black and/or homosexual people.

Ignorance is not a monopoly of the bigoted Tea Party white guys. Fear is a normal healthy reaction that has kept man alive for thousands of years. Replace it with transgender dress code/intersex pride/you-hurt-my-feelings/hate crime preemptive legislation and eventually your only option will be to pat yourselves on the back as your hated country sinks into the postmordial ooze, consoling yourselves, "If we hadn't acted, it would be so much worse."

GaryG
06-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Dan White was far more notorious for killing a city supervisor, who just happened to be a flaming homo, than he was for killing Mayor Moscone. Ah....Bagdad by the Bay.

Robert Goren
06-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Dan White is perhaps best know for his "Hostess Twinkie Defense" that he tried unsuccessful to use at trial.

Rookies
06-05-2011, 09:34 AM
What are we bigots expected to learn ? Tolerate, we can tolerate. Accept as normal, no can do. The SF Giants, the Muslim Brotherhood (any bigots there, I wonder ?), the Berkeley City Council --- bring 'em all on; it won't turn perversion into normalcy. As I've said, I love sodomy as much as the next guy. I just don't want special treatment because of it, and I don't want to tell your kids I'm special because of it.

Call us bigots while offering upraised fists and sincere coffehouse frowns, but don't be too eager to investigate how Mexicans and Muslims feel about black and/or homosexual people.

Ignorance is not a monopoly of the bigoted Tea Party white guys. Fear is a normal healthy reaction that has kept man alive for thousands of years. Replace it with transgender dress code/intersex pride/you-hurt-my-feelings/hate crime preemptive legislation and eventually your only option will be to pat yourselves on the back as your hated country sinks into the postmordial ooze, consoling yourselves, "If we hadn't acted, it would be so much worse."

Interesting position TT. For the record, I am neutral on many of the generics associated with being gay, notwithstanding that my own small neighbourhood is considered a 'gay friendly' one and there is the occasional rainbow flag. This is probably a majority opinion in Canada as the huge historic symbol- the marriage thing has long been debated and finalized in Parliament. Contrary to you and some of your fellow travellers, I specifically don't believe that this is a tipping point for the moral end of any society, at all.

Are gays "normal" ? Not my lifestyle- but there are many odd hetero ones and hetero people I find quite odd or abnormal ( some here:lol: ) My gay neighbours are good ones, indistinguishable except for their life partners, living quietly, walking their dogs, never having loud, obnoxious parties, etc.

Would I like my kids to have them as teachers/doctors/lawyers/role models ? Hell, they already have had these experiences in my society and I trust they are able to distinguish like everyone else, the good from the bad, the wheat from the chaff, etc.

TrifectaMike
06-05-2011, 10:47 AM

The flag doesn't disturb me, but you do. Well your ignorance disturbs me. So, remove that cork from your arse, because it is depriving your brain of seriously needed oxygen.

Mike (Dr Beav)

Light
06-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Whether or not you agree with their lifestyle is not anyone else s business.What is important is that they are treated equally by society and the law because they are supposed to be protected by the Constitution and Bill of Rights of this country.

PhantomOnTour
06-05-2011, 11:09 AM
I look at it like this...
Today and probably for evermore people will snicker or make jokes at the expense of obese people, gay people, folks of another race or religion, the handicapped or foreigners speaking the language with a thick accent.
There's nothing we can do about it...at some time in my life i have been guilty of most of the above, and i bet most reading this have also.

Hate to quote Limbaugh, but he was right when he said that you can't legislate morality.
A guy walks in to apply for a job and he happens to be of Asian descent and speaks English with a heavy accent. The manager interviews him, then discusses the guy's credentials with another manager and they make a joke about how he pronounced some words during the interview. He's qualified and gets the job....are those managers "guilty" of anything???

lsbets
06-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Whether or not you agree with their lifestyle is not anyone else s business.What is important is that they are treated equally by society and the law because they are supposed to be protected by the Constitution and Bill of Rights of this country.

Holy crap, we agree on something. I'm not expecting that to happen again anytime soon.

Light
06-05-2011, 11:47 AM
I'm surprised by your agreement as well although you probably had some experience with this subject in the military?

Robert Goren
06-05-2011, 11:54 AM
I look at it like this...
Today and probably for evermore people will snicker or make jokes at the expense of obese people, gay people, folks of another race or religion, the handicapped or foreigners speaking the language with a thick accent.
There's nothing we can do about it...at some time in my life i have been guilty of most of the above, and i bet most reading this have also.

Hate to quote Limbaugh, but he was right when he said that you can't legislate morality.
A guy walks in to apply for a job and he happens to be of Asian descent and speaks English with a heavy accent. The manager interviews him, then discusses the guy's credentials with another manager and they make a joke about how he pronounced some words during the interview. He's qualified and gets the job....are those managers "guilty" of anything???You can to some extent. The civil rights bill proved that. It didn't get rid of racism entirely but it did lessen the effects of it to large degree.

Marshall Bennett
06-05-2011, 12:01 PM
I never liked the month of June anyway. They can have it. :)

JustRalph
06-05-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm surprised by your agreement as well although you probably had some experience with this subject in the military?

You are surprised that he believes in the rule of law? The uniform enforcement of the Constitution ? Wow, what a backhanded compliment..........?

NJ Stinks
06-05-2011, 01:10 PM
You are surprised that he believes in the rule of law? The uniform enforcement of the Constitution ? Wow, what a backhanded compliment..........?

If you were a cook, I'd say you can stop stirring. :rolleyes:

Light
06-05-2011, 02:52 PM

I'm not complimenting him. I'm saying I am surprised he is agreeing with me.

lsbets
06-05-2011, 03:21 PM

Then you've obviously not paid much attention to anything I've said on here beyond not justifying murder by Palestinians and not hating Jews like you do. I've clearly said on numerous topics that if someone isn't hurting anyone else, its no one's business, especially the government. I actually believe in limited government, unlike most.

Light
06-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Then you've obviously not paid much attention to anything I've said on here beyond not justifying murder by Palestinians and not hating Jews like you do. I've clearly said on numerous topics that if someone isn't hurting anyone else, its no one's business, especially the government. I actually believe in limited government, unlike most.

The reason I was surprised by your agreement on Gay rights was that you are against equal rights for Palestinians. Israel has been in violation of international laws regarding their military occupation of Palestinians for decades. They have also been in violation of various U.N. resolutions including 242 which says that Israel should go back to the 1967 borders. Israel has been in violation of humanitarian rights of Palestinians under international laws for basic necessities of life.

You think Gays have rights but not Palestinians? BTW,when you say "murder by Palestinians" you are being racist. If a gay man kills someone do you say "murder by gays"?

I have nothing against Jews. I am against the Israeli government's treatment of Palestinians. I make a distinction between people and government. You and others here don't do that when it comes to Palestinians. They are all murderers to you. If one commits an act of violence you say "murder by Palestinians" as if they are some genetically altered sub human species,like Gays have been portrayed to be.

But slowly America is waking up about the gay issue and discarding a lot of the myths. Same thing is happening with the Palestinian issue. Many Jews are now demonstrating in behalf of Palestinian rights. The woman beaten up recently by Aipac when Netanyahu spoke to the American Congress was a Jew. Then what does Netanyahu say after her removal. "This is real Democray". Yeah,a 98 pound woman thrown to the ground and beaten up by several men ends up landing in the hospital with a neck brace is his idea of Democracy. That's what Congress applauded and that's what the Palestinian have to deal with. Sick.

mostpost
06-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by mostpost

You "know" this?? I am so not even going to ask

The pleasures are the same. The method used to achieve them is quite different. That's all I was saying.

mostpost
06-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Ignorance is not a monopoly of the bigoted Tea Party white guys.
So you share your ignorance with others, and that makes it all right. It does not matter that Mexicans and Muslims think the same way you do. It just makes all of you wrong.

Now some of you have gotten the goofy idea that I am gay. Whatever. You see unlike you, I don't have to be something to respect it and defend it. I don't have to be African American to support civil rights. I don't have to be gay to support gay rights. I don't have to be a woman to support women's rights. I don't have to be a Republican to......oops bad example. Thank God I am not a Republican.

PaceAdvantage
06-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Now some of you have gotten the goofy idea that I am gay.They have? What did I miss?

boxcar
06-05-2011, 10:28 PM

Since you raised the topic of ignorance, I just thought you should know:

1 Tim 1:8-10
8 But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, 9 realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous man, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers 10 and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching,
NASB

1 Cor 6:9-10
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
NASB

You might wanna give you gay buddies and any other immoral person you know a heads up just in case they, too, are ignorant of the above truths.

Btw, who do you think the homophobe and bigot is here: God or Paul or both?

Boxcar

boxcar
06-05-2011, 10:30 PM
So you share your ignorance with others, and that makes it all right. It does not matter that Mexicans and Muslims think the same way you do. It just makes all of you wrong.

Now some of you have gotten the goofy idea that I am gay. Whatever. You see unlike you, I don't have to be something to respect it and defend it. I don't have to be African American to support civil rights. I don't have to be gay to support gay rights. I don't have to be a woman to support women's rights. I don't have to be a Republican to......oops bad example. Thank God I am not a Republican.

Not being a Republican is the very least of your problems. Trust me on this.

Boxcar

toetoe
06-06-2011, 12:25 AM

I think we can forgive the Jew-hating comment, but it's just not true. :)

toetoe
06-06-2011, 12:31 AM

Please spread the word, now that you are aware, about the anti-black feelings of so many Mexicans and Muslims. Oh, you'll have to look into it and get back to me ? Oh, okay. I await your campaign to legislate them out of their ignorance.