PDA

View Full Version : TRC Wizard (Free) V 9.0

douglasw32
06-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Okay I think I have it as simple as it can get.

No fancy (possibly infected installer) just a self extracting zip archive (so no need to understand what a zip file even is).

No choice of how many races, it does all of them, if you don't want to see all of them grab a black sharpie =)

The results Charts now open directly to the race they are above.

It can run 'portable' from any usb device, and can pick up files from any location.

Handles multicap and drf files.

Is only tested under win XP 32 bit, sp3

Others may need to install the visual basic runtimes and register some .dll's and/or choose to run it as 'Administrator' -see the SUPPORT folder on the website http://localpcpros.com/handifast/Support%20Files/ for the needed add-on files. if it does not work out of the box for you.

It also now processes the card and closes itself while opening the processed card in your default web browser.

Download it here...http://localpcpros.com/handifast/

It is called-TRCwizard.exe

In the folder that unzips to wherever you want it to called TRCwizard, is a executable program by the same name with a little jockey icon.

Click this to execute the program.

You will have some buttons, Download data, check for scratches, etc.
it is all self explanatory but the optional update scratched horses

this is a simple text file where the information from the button above(check for scratches) can be copied and pasted into. then you need to delete all the junk other than the horses names, 1-per line.

or type them in from any source but they have to be all CAPS and one per line.

then save the file before running the card through

When ready click on choose file, this is the downloaded .drf file from bris for $1.00 that you have uncompressed somewhere on your system.
Browse to it, select it and open it, the programs GUI will close and the data will open in your web browser for viewing,printing,emailing etc.

The only catch is do not have a processed card open in the browser window when you try processing another.

I think that is it.

BIG HIT
06-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Glad all went well for you and your feeling better.I downloaded it worked well for me.Although i only tried with one of my old zip files .Thanks have windows 7

douglasw32
06-04-2011, 12:23 AM
WOW nothing worst than egg on your face and having to admit it in public.....but....maybe I can blame the Morphine.

The file I uploaded has the wrong formula in it (it was a test) I played hollywood tonight and was like wtf, everything is backwards.

Sorry-more than you know if you used the sheet to make any decisions in the last day or so.

TRCwizard9.1f.exe

That has replaced the earlier download with what i intended, I also added one more useful link into the sheet to brisnets "at a glance"

Anyway hope this will be the last time I ever have to say this. =)
:confused:

PaceAdvantage
06-04-2011, 02:31 AM
Just do what every other software developer does. Throw the word "BETA" in there. That way you cover a multitude of sins... :lol:

Seriously though, thank you for sharing your work.

raybo
06-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Just do what every other software developer does. Throw the word "BETA" in there. That way you cover a multitude of sins... :lol:

Seriously though, thank you for sharing your work.

Ain't that the truth!!

Beta = WARNING! WARNING!

raybo
06-04-2011, 08:23 AM
Very nice program, Doug!

Don't feel bad, AllData was in Beta for like, forever!

Partsnut
06-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Doug, now that the program is cleaned up, I have to commend you for your excellent work. As you've said, It's the best thing you've done up date.
I agree. Thanks for a great job.:ThmbUp:

Light
06-04-2011, 07:00 PM
So how do you use the output to handicap races? Looks like a summary file.

Partsnut
06-04-2011, 07:35 PM
So how do you use the output to handicap races? Looks like a summary file.

It's a summary for sure. It can be used with other software or applied to other applications. One Has to use his imagination and be creative to see the "light" at the end of the tunnel. :ThmbUp:
We all see things in a different "light". Some will make the most and appreciate what has been given to them. Others won't.

permenbg
06-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Doug

Thanks for all the hard work, glade to here you are doing better.

permenbg

bobby
bpermenter@gt.rr.com

hrspwr
06-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Doug

Works great with Vista 32 bit sp2. Thanks!

dartman51
06-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Doug, I don't know if any one has noticed, but occasionally, the program leaves out a horse, or two. The latest was tonight while doing DEL for tomorrow, in the 4th race it left out the #3 MARGALO. I have no clue as to what is causing this, just something maybe you can check out when you get a chance. Thanks for all you do. :ThmbUp:

dartman51
06-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Also in PEN race 2. The 9 and 10 are missing. I ran the files through the previous version of TRC, and ONLY the 9 was missing. I ran the files through several other programs that I have, and all the horses are there. :confused:

fight
06-12-2011, 01:45 PM
horses missing why ty

douglasw32
06-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Almost recovered from the surgery- fixed the errors and tweaked it a bit, will post the working version soon, sorry for the long delay

davesnew
06-18-2011, 09:37 AM
Good to see you back from surgery. Get well.

Dave S

Vinnie
06-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Welcome Back Doug... :)

Hope that you are recovering very quickly from your surgery.

Wishing you nothing but the Very BEST!! :)

Also, Happy Father's Day on Sunday if you are a Dad?! :cool:

Have a fantastic weekend.

raybo
06-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Doug,

Glad to hear you're on the mend. Welcome back!

barshoe
06-18-2011, 11:06 AM
Doug thanks for everything u and the other guys done..GET WELL..

punteray
06-18-2011, 11:58 AM
You were missed

Ray

permenbg
06-18-2011, 02:34 PM
Doug

glade you back ,Good Luck

bobby

fight
06-23-2011, 12:20 PM
doug is the working version ready. there are missed horses in file ty hope your all good.

dartman51
06-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with horses missing from output??? Or is it just me with my MCP files?? I can run the same files through a multitude of other programs and the horses are there, but NOT with TRC. Usually just 1 horse from 1 race, could be ANY race. :confused:

douglasw32
07-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Sorry Everyone-

The release was rushed and not tested completely, I had plenty of time "taking it easy" then the last 2 weeks easing back into work and getting caught up.

The revamped (FULLY TESTED, I HOPE) release is coming very soon

Tom
07-02-2011, 10:16 AM
You are apologizing for a free program!

Classy, Doug, classy! :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

raybo
07-02-2011, 01:19 PM
You are apologizing for a free program!

Classy, Doug, classy! :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

That's because he still feels responsible for everything in the program. These programs may be free, but there are people betting real money based on them.

There's a certain amount of responsibility involved in the creation of any program, free or not.

Just shows the kind of person Doug is. Salt of the Earth!!

douglasw32
07-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Thanks guys, Raybo has it - If I would not use it everyday with my own money and be able to explain why I am using it I certainly do not want others taking swings with it. :blush:

fight
07-07-2011, 12:14 PM
doug hopre alls well for you.as you know horses are missing from last upgrsde. do you have a time frame for the new program you have fixed this problem ty

douglasw32
07-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Should be done testing it tonight, hope to have it available by tomorrows races

douglasw32
07-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Here... My Wizards Thoroughred Report.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85065