PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Play Canterbury?

Ocala Mike
06-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Reason I ask is that my Stable Mail has a horse going in the 8th race on Sun. called Party Royal. We used to own the mare, Party Cut Up, who we sold to this horse's breeders quite a few years ago. This must be her last foal.

Any shot?

Ocala Mike

cj
06-02-2011, 05:29 PM
She is a first time starter entered in a low level statebred maiden claimer. I would imagine your guess is as good as anyone else's with those horses.

cnollfan
06-02-2011, 05:31 PM
I dabble in Canterbury, though I must admit that my stock answer to anyone who has an emotional tie to a horse's parentage and wants an opinion of its chances is, "She's got a shot!"

billyball
06-05-2011, 02:43 AM
I do not think that the 5 year old mare has any shot---trainer has only won a few races in the last couple of years---but good luck anyway---

precocity
06-05-2011, 04:53 AM
I do not think that the 5 year old mare has any shot---trainer has only won a few races in the last couple of years---but good luck anyway---
:lol: straight answer ehhh?

trying2win
06-23-2011, 09:22 PM
I sent in a few bets this evening via an ADW, on the races at Canterbury Park. First time I've bet that track this year. Oops! Lost money on my first bet. :)

T2W
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
~"I bet on a horse at ten-to-one. It didn't come in until half-past five."

--Henny Youngman

therussmeister
06-25-2011, 12:17 PM
If you want to play Canterbury you'd better hurry. They might be closing on July 1.

An impasse over the state budget means an impending shutdown of non-essential government services as of July 1. As of this time, even though they do not receive any funding from the state of Minnesota, the Racing Commission would be one of these non-essential services. That, of course, means no live racing, no simulcasting, and no poker.

Canterbury is lobbying for the continued operation of the racing commission during a possible shutdown.