PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony Trial

xfile
06-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Defense Council Jose Baez making lead detective Yuri Melich look amateurish.

xfile
06-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Police botched the case

Hanover1
06-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Will not dissuade jury however....Guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Death penalty, not so much.....

lamboguy
06-01-2011, 07:39 PM
guilty yes, death penalty no

Ocala Mike
06-01-2011, 11:08 PM
Baez is doing a fantastic job of planting seeds of doubt in the minds of the jurors. She absolutely did it, and absolutely will be acquited a la OJ. Her scumbag old man should get the death penalty on general principles.

Ocala Mike

HUSKER55
06-02-2011, 12:01 AM
Isn't this the mother who partied for a month before she knew her kid was missing or did I get mixed up?

cj's dad
06-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Don't know if i was a month or not but yes she partied.

redshift1
07-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Probably will be found guilty after the astonishing tactics employed by her defense team. Not that she isn't guilty, I'm guessing life but her defense team did her no favors.

lamboguy
07-03-2011, 03:17 PM
i have been watching the defense closing arguements today, BAEZ is throwing alot of bs up against the wall and is doing a good job twisting and turning around the prosecution case. he did a terrible job throughout the whole trial, and a better lawyer would have had a better shot to win this case for the defendent.

rastajenk
07-03-2011, 03:24 PM
I've been trying to avoid this news story, but it seems to me the whole family is complicit in something awful, and they all deserve some time behind bars.

Greyfox
07-03-2011, 03:25 PM
To me this case proves that communication style is learned in the home.
Nobody in the nuclear famiy core seems to be able to tell the truth.
I've seen times when the father George has appeared to lie on the stand under oath.
I've seen times when the mother Cindy has appeared to lie on the stand under oath.
Casey probably can't tell the truth if her life depends on it. In this instance it does.

Marshall Bennett
07-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Prosecution couldn't crack a defense team that was obviously better prepared. I'm thinking she'll get 60 years tops. She might have got less, but she's obviously a little prick and no jury could not have
been influenced by that to some degree.

ArlJim78
07-03-2011, 03:41 PM
I've been trying to avoid this news story, but it seems to me the whole family is complicit in something awful, and they all deserve some time behind bars.
I've been saying the same thing, that whole bunch needs to serve some time.

Tom
07-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Allow me to stick the needle in this bitch.
And her lawyer should be disbarred. What a dirt bag.

lamboguy
07-03-2011, 05:17 PM
Allow me to stick the needle in this bitch.
And her lawyer should be disbarred. What a dirt bag.they are all dirtbags. most of your politions are lawyers as well.

kingfin66
07-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Meanwhile, Amanda Knox, who I believe is truly innocent, sits in jail in Italy while her appeal slowly gets tried.

There was one highlight in this trial. That was a few days ago when a young spectator in court stupidly gave the prosecutor the middle finger salute. The judge gave him an impromptu trial and six days in jail for contempt.

PaceAdvantage
07-03-2011, 09:21 PM
they are all dirtbags. most of your politions are lawyers as well.Nice... :rolleyes:

cj's dad
07-03-2011, 11:23 PM
they are all dirtbags. most of your politions are lawyers as well.

Phil- youhave spelled the word POLITICIANS WRONG FOREVER- get it right. Please !

forced89
07-03-2011, 11:39 PM
There is a good chance she is guilty but I don't think the State has proved it. She could possibly walk, but my guess is that the jury will agree on manslaughter which may then be overturned on appeal.

iceknight
07-03-2011, 11:40 PM
was this some horse owner :p? or is this fully OT ?

redshift1
07-04-2011, 01:57 AM
There is a good chance she is guilty but I don't think the State has proved it. She could possibly walk, but my guess is that the jury will agree on manslaughter which may then be overturned on appeal.

Seems hard to prove the premeditated charge, my un-informed opinion is she unintentionally caused her daughters death through neglect or misuse of medication.

Her biggest mistake was not hiring a NFL defense attorney.

lamboguy
07-04-2011, 10:58 AM
watching bits and pieces of this trial, the judge was kind of partial to the prosecution, but did a great job moving the case along and war pretty fair in his rulings. in florida usually the prosecution team is pretty weak, in this case they happened to be super strong jeff ashton and linda burdick crushed this guy jose baez.

slew101
07-04-2011, 11:36 AM
She's got as much a chance of walking as Saddam Hussein did in Iraq. She's guilty and will rot in prison.

She could possibly walk, but my guess is that the jury will agree on manslaughter which may then be overturned on appeal.

cj's dad
07-04-2011, 12:13 PM
The Prosecutor in her closing argument played a tape of Casey's phone call to her parents. During the call, Casey dropped the F bomb to her mother, brother and one other person at least 7-8 times.

Fox later apologized for not having a 7 second delay.

redshift1
07-04-2011, 12:31 PM
The Prosecutor in her closing argument played a tape of Casey's phone call to her parents. During the call, Casey dropped the F bomb to her mother, brother and one other person at least 7-8 times.

???

cj's dad
07-04-2011, 09:06 PM
You don't know what the F bomb is ????

On daytime TV no less ?

What part do you not understand ???

???

redshift1
07-05-2011, 12:02 AM
You don't know what the F bomb is ????

On daytime TV no less ?

What part do you not understand ???

Just curious, what was offensive CA's usage or Fox's potential FCC violation.

Greyfox
07-05-2011, 12:23 AM
Just curious, what was offensive CA's usage or Fox's potential FCC violation.

The four letter friend getter. :rolleyes:

redshift1
07-05-2011, 12:28 AM
aww .... I was just looking for a little fun.

Horseplayersbet.com
07-05-2011, 09:57 AM

Same thing occurred at MSNBC as well.

cj's dad
07-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Same thing occurred at MSNBC as well.

So, you and 23 others saw this.

They're still on the air ? :rolleyes:

Horseplayersbet.com
07-05-2011, 12:18 PM
So, you and 23 others saw this.

They're still on the air ? :rolleyes:
I flipped the station after Fox started apologizing and cut from the live feed.
I normally watch CNN though.

Tom
07-05-2011, 12:59 PM
NO excuse for airing profanity.
I hope all that did get hit with major fines or worse.

Time to hold these morons responsible.
No apologies accepted.

redshift1
07-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Verdict in 30 minutes....

Rookies
07-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Why is America fascinated with these complete, trailer trash, misery events ? This is the type of 'news' that dominates TV, combined with its alter ego today- Faux 'Reality' crap of all kinds and descriptions.

Is this the best TV can do now ?:mad:

slew101
07-05-2011, 01:53 PM
I agree. I can't believe the type of coverage this case has gotten. Just because the accused killer took the case to trial. If she pled out, nobody would have cared. But I don't see the interest, since the evidence appears overwhelming.

Why is America fascinated with these complete, trailer trash, misery events ? This is the type of 'news' that dominates TV, combined with its alter ego today- Faux 'Reality' crap of all kinds and descriptions.

Rapid Grey
07-05-2011, 01:54 PM

It's not the best TV can do but it's obviously what the viewing public wants. Pretty sad really.

Tom
07-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Jury is coming back.
Verdict to be read in court in about 15 minutes (2:15 est or so)

Tom
07-05-2011, 02:22 PM
The OJ jury strikes again!
Unbelievable! She lied on 4 counts, but is innocent.

The poor kid got murdered and now screwed.

bigmack
07-05-2011, 02:24 PM
She walks.

Might duct tape over her mouth & nose be the sentence for being found guilty of lying to a cop?

slew101
07-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Can't believe what I just heard. So she's guilty of lying about the entire case, but is not guilty?

Look on the prosecutor's face was incredible. Reminded me of Marcia Clark's expression.

What a system. Child gets no justice.

slew101
07-05-2011, 02:29 PM
I thought that jury was the worst in American history. They were topped today.

Rapid Grey
07-05-2011, 02:30 PM

Not to worry, like OJ she'll start looking for the "real" killer. Probably start in bars, nightclubs and stripjoints. If they are not there she'll search all the crack houses and meth labs she knows of.

slew101
07-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Her lawyer was seeing dollar signs after the verdict.

Every accused child killer will now take their cases to trial. Why not?

Not to worry, like OJ she'll start looking for the "real" killer. Probably start in bars, nightclubs and stripjoints. If they are not there she'll search all the crack houses and meth labs she knows of.

Rookies
07-05-2011, 02:35 PM
"You have the right to be judged by a jury of your peers".

But, whether they are complete doofi or not, that is another matter- entirely. Back to Reality TV, you yahoos.

PhantomOnTour
07-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Nancy Grace and Jane Velez Mitchell oughta be flipping their wigs tonite...literally. Jane wears a wig :lol:

The best of America on full display....including those watching :rolleyes:

ArlJim78
I find it amusing how many posts and opinions are made by people who claim to have no interest in the story and are appalled how much attention it is receiving.

toussaud
excuse my French but that's ****ed up.

toussaud
07-05-2011, 02:43 PM
literary, the dude that flipped the judge off, got more time then casey anthony. you cannot make this stuff up.

sonnyp
07-05-2011, 02:43 PM
why should people be shocked at the decision of the jury ? people, just like those on this jury, decided to elect obama.

that was a brilliant decision.

slew101
07-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Tough to ignore it when it's on TV 24/7, and a child is killed and she gets no justice from the court system.

The first defense lawyer acted like an ass at the podium. At least the lead lawyer was gracious.

I find it amusing how many posts and opinions are made by people who claim to have no interest in the story and are appalled how much attention it is receiving.

redshift1
07-05-2011, 02:52 PM
why should people be shocked at the decision of the jury ? people, just like those on this jury, decided to elect obama.

that was a brilliant decision.

Probably the same people who decided the 2000 election those silly floridians.

HUSKER55
07-05-2011, 02:58 PM
IF you are going to commit a crime then florida is the place to go. I never thought these words would cross my lips but a professional jury is now on the table as I see it.

sonnyp
07-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Probably the same people who decided the 2000 election those silly floridians.

we live in a society that has lost it's sense of right and wrong and who, collectively, have been poluted by politicians and lawyers, and make decisions an technicalities rather than common sense.

who put that duct tape on that baby's face, who put that baby in that bag, and who left that baby in the woods ?

according to this jury (average americans).......nobody.

ArlJim78
07-05-2011, 03:03 PM
I think there is a good chance that everyone here would have rendered the same verdict, just as I think that most of the jurors probably suspect that she did do it. the question is was there evidence beyond all reasonable doubt that it was her and not the father or someone else? probably not not enough for a death penalty case.

Ocala Mike
07-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Greatest four words in ANY judicial system in the world:

"Innocent until PROVEN guilty."

People I dislike intensely after this trial: Casey Anthony and the whole Anthony brood and Ashton and the whole prosecution team. Maybe he'll think twice about smirking in court next time.

People I like after this trial: Baez and the "good ole boy" assistant and Judge Perry.

Ocala Mike

Grits
07-05-2011, 03:18 PM

This is a travesty for every innocent child that may be found, one day murdered, thown aside in a ditch or wooded area to decompose. I pray that no man will ever consider this lying piece of trash or her company worthwhile. That she's never able to conceive another child. And, I hope, too, she never knows a restful day, never knows a day that she's not looking over her shoulder. I hope the papparazzi hunt and chase her like a dog. I'm sorry, but I do.

Rookies, as far as TV, it may be the best we can do, but it sure doesn't look like Canada can produce anything a bit better. You might wanna get more informed in regard to what your country is watching. No one is saying you have to watch any of it including pro Football.;)

http://www.digitalhome.ca/2010/06/american-tv-shows-sweep-top-10-in-canada-2/

The following are the top ranked regularly scheduled programs in Canada among all viewers 2+ in the 2009/10 television season.

Survivor: Samoa & Heroes Vs. Villains (Global) – 2,929,000
Grey’s Anatomy (CTV) – 2,899,000
Criminal Minds (CTV) – 2,807,000
American Idol – Performance (CTV) – 2,789,000
American Idol – Results (CTV) – 2,686,000
The Amazing Race 15 & 16 (CTV) – 2,529,000
House (Global)- 2,493,000
CSI: New York (CTV) – 2,349,000
The Mentalist (CTV) – 2,279,000
NCIS (Global) – 2,201,000
Rounding out the top 20 were

Dancing With The Stars Performance (CTV)
The Big Bang Theory (CTV)
CSI: Miami (CTV)
Dancing With The Stars Results (CTV)
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CTV)
Two And A Half Men (CTV)
Desperate Housewives (CTV)
Lie To Me (Global)
Hockey Night In Canada (CBC)
NCIS: Los Angeles (Global)

slew101
07-05-2011, 03:19 PM
And what parent would not report their child missing for 31 days?

who put that duct tape on that baby's face, who put that baby in that bag, and who left that baby in the woods ?

Rookies
07-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Yep, we can be just as trashy- although the vast majority come from the States.

Of that list I watch House IC& HN, have seen Grey's Anatomy, CSI, NCIS, Desperate Housewives (with the wife:rolleyes: ) previously... but of course, the NFL- religiously!:)

That's an American icon!

My tastes are towards dark HBO/Showcase series, like: The Killing, Breaking Bad, plus Brit Series, News shows, documentaries & Sports.

canleakid
07-05-2011, 03:33 PM
OJ #2 :confused: Rich or middle class the same old same old
"Innocent until PROVEN guilty" like it or not :bang:

kingfin66
07-05-2011, 03:54 PM
IF you are going to commit a crime then florida is the place to go. I never thought these words would cross my lips but a professional jury is now on the table as I see it.

Ted Bundy would disagree with that sentiment.

Tom
07-05-2011, 03:56 PM
I think there is a good chance that everyone here would have rendered the same verdict, just as I think that most of the jurors probably suspect that she did do it. the question is was there evidence beyond all reasonable doubt that it was her and not the father or someone else? probably not not enough for a death penalty case.

I am still willing to give her the needle.
Not single doubt in my mind she is guilty.
Even if the Father did it, she knew, and that makes her guilty.
The only question I have is how many do we execute?

redshift1
07-05-2011, 03:56 PM
we live in a society that has lost it's sense of right and wrong and who, collectively, have been poluted by politicians and lawyers, and make decisions an technicalities rather than common sense.

This was the right verdict given the provable evidence, I believe she was somehow involved in her daughters death but the premeditated charge was almost impossible to prove. Like it or not this how the legal system works the occasional guilty person will walk.

Tom
07-05-2011, 03:57 PM
And what parent would not report their child missing for 31 days?

One who murdered the child and then went out whoring for a month?

sonnyp
07-05-2011, 04:03 PM
This was the right verdict given the provable evidence, I believe she was somehow involved in her daughters death but the premeditated charge was almost impossible to prove. Like it or not this how the legal system works the occasional guilty person will walk.

please......please...... what about the manslaughter ??????

ArlJim78
07-05-2011, 04:04 PM
I am still willing to give her the needle.
Not single doubt in my mind she is guilty.
Even if the Father did it, she knew, and that makes her guilty.
The only question I have is how many do we execute?
she knows something about it that she isn't telling, and was involved to some extent without a doubt. but nothing specifically that linked her to the murder to the exclusion of all others.
we cant go executing people based on suspicion, everything has to be proven in court with evidence.

I wish there was a way to sentence all of them to share a prison cell until they divulged the truth.

redshift1
07-05-2011, 04:20 PM
please......please...... what about the manslaughter ??????

Yep, to bad the jurors are mum... megabucks available for interviews and book deals.

slew101
07-05-2011, 04:50 PM
I doubt anyone is paying them that much. And what person would buy anything they have to say anyways?

I think people said the OJ jurors would make a bundle and I don't think any of them made anything significant. Nobody bought any of the books they pushed.

Yep, to bad the jurors are mum... megabucks available for interviews and book deals.

Secretariat
07-05-2011, 05:54 PM
The made up nanny's name By Casey Anthony did it for me.

Zenaida Gonzalez.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/01/10/could-zenaida-gonzalez-have-been-code-for-caylee-anthonys-location-and-not-just-a-nannys-name/

The woman looks like she got away with murder.

TJDave
07-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Ted Bundy would disagree with that sentiment.

Ted Bundy got caught with his pants down.

Casey Anthony jurors actually had to think without the handicap of chewing gum.

A difficult task as evidenced by their decision. :rolleyes:

OntheRail
07-05-2011, 07:00 PM
she knows something about it that she isn't telling, and was involved to some extent without a doubt. but nothing specifically that linked her to the murder to the exclusion of all others.
we cant go executing people based on suspicion, everything has to be proven in court with evidence.

I wish there was a way to sentence all of them to share a prison cell until they divulged the truth.
She by her own voice STATED She was the last to see Caylee alive. When she stated she gave her to the fake Nanny. I really can't see how this bunch of 12 came to this verdict. She lied to the bodies whereabouts for months. I hope the State of Florida sues her ass for the cost of all the wasted time looking for the body... ( I'd hate to see her profit from book or movie deals on top of getting away with murder ) she kept her mouth shut and let that babies body get gawd on by animals and till the flesh was rotted away. She did not call the Police to report it.... never said a damn thing other then lies.

Common Sense is a truly rare commodity these days.

What a shame... another null jury.

Marshall Bennett
07-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Juries in these very high profile cases are drilled. Don't let there be the tiniest element of doubt with your decision to convict. The media insured this case would be no exception. Our justice system worked here because there was obviously doubt, much to the disapointment of most.
I wasn't really shocked with the verdict because we've seen it happen all so often, and you can't convict someone for simply being a bitch. I truly believe many found this in her to be the trait that should have cooked her, and not the evidence that the prosecution failed to convence the jury on.

Greyfox
07-05-2011, 08:11 PM

I couldn't have said it better. :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
07-05-2011, 08:11 PM
I think there is a good chance that everyone here would have rendered the same verdict, just as I think that most of the jurors probably suspect that she did do it. the question is was there evidence beyond all reasonable doubt that it was her and not the father or someone else? probably not not enough for a death penalty case.EXACTLY! THANK YOU!

Many of the same people crying about this verdict are the very same people crying how down the tubes America has gone.

Well, I have news for you. This verdict is EXACTLY why America is STILL GREAT! A place where you can still count on people to do the RIGHT THING. And that's to obey the judge's instructions and render the proper verdict according to the EVIDENCE PRESENTED, not render what Nancy Grace or anyone else in the media thinks, no matter how much your gut might tell you otherwise.

What happened today is what keeps an INNOCENT person out of jail. And it's a much greater tragedy to have an innocent person rot in jail than have a guilty person roam free.

cj's dad
07-05-2011, 08:17 PM
In my 42 years of being a candidate for jury duty in Baltimore city, I have twice served on a jury that sat for a murder trial. Both times we found the defendant guilty. Why ? because the prosecution presented sufficient evidence to convince us that the murders had been committed by the defendants. Apparently, the prosecution in this case failed to do that.

Do I think that she is complicit in the child's death ? Yes I do. Did the jury think so? Apparently not. case closed.

She is the only person in the universe who knows exactly what happened. She will have to live with that her entire life. If in fact she is the cause of Caylee's death, she will have to answer for that at a later time.

judd
07-05-2011, 08:26 PM
she has a rough life ahead of her
where she getting attorney fees ??

sonnyp
07-05-2011, 09:16 PM
she has a rough life ahead of her
where she getting attorney fees ??

this case just made this defense team millionaires. this is a pro bono deal.

her life will be hell, but no more than she dealt her baby.

sonnyp
07-05-2011, 09:28 PM
EXACTLY! THANK YOU!

Many of the same people crying about this verdict are the very same people crying how down the tubes America has gone.

Well, I have news for you. This verdict is EXACTLY why America is STILL GREAT! A place where you can still count on people to do the RIGHT THING. And that's to obey the judge's instructions and render the proper verdict according to the EVIDENCE PRESENTED, not render what Nancy Grace or anyone else in the media thinks, no matter how much your gut might tell you otherwise.

What happened today is what keeps an INNOCENT person out of jail. And it's a much greater tragedy to have an innocent person rot in jail than have a guilty person roam free.

if you had a 3year old daughter and one day she disappeared, about how long would you wait to call the police ?

how long, just curious ?

bigmack
07-05-2011, 09:44 PM
If the offspring of the schmoe who hid the bloody clothes of OJ , (Robert Kardashian) have a wildly successful, popular reality show; how long will it be before the wretched VH1 or Bravo offers this sociopath a show?

slew101
07-05-2011, 09:49 PM
I don't think even reality TV would stoop that low.

I also don't think Kardashian was suspected of hiding any of OJ's clothes. The belief was he changed when he ducked into the house while the limo driver waited. I think the theory was he took everything to Chicago, except the bloody socks on the floor that had the DNA of him and the two victims.

If the offspring of the schmoe who hid the bloody clothes of OJ , (Robert Kardashian) have a wildly successful, popular reality show; how long will it be before the wretched VH1 or Bravo offers this sociopath a show?

Tom
07-05-2011, 10:34 PM
How does this slut not report her child missing for a month get found not guilty of child abuse?

Sorry, the bitch was involved. Reasonable doubt doesn't mean you throw multiple possibilities out without a shed of any evidence. The mother is ultimately 100% responsible for her baby. This verdict is unacceptable. To hell with her rights - what about the dead child? Who speaks for her?

Ocala Mike
07-05-2011, 10:45 PM
PA said it best above.

Smug prosecutor who overcharged the defendant to begin with blew the case. Jury was insulted by the Murder I charge, and, therefore, would not find guilt on the next two counts.

The thing about aiming high is you sometimes miss the target completely.

Ocala Mike

Tom
07-05-2011, 10:53 PM
They had options for lesser charges.
If what you suggest is true, the damn jury should be locked up.

Baby disappears and is later found dead.
Mother never reports baby missing.
Mother lies and interferes in the investigation of her baby's death.

Mother should go to jail.
Maybe one of the jurors want to meet up with her at a bar.

sonnyp
07-05-2011, 11:16 PM
PA said it best above.

Smug prosecutor who overcharged the defendant to begin with blew the case. Jury was insulted by the Murder I charge, and, therefore, would not find guilt on the next two counts.

The thing about aiming high is you sometimes miss the target completely.

Ocala Mike

so this is what keeps america great? you're saying because a jury was "insulted" the mother of a murdered baby walks ?

let me make a point, please. i can't stand the government and believe most prosecutors are out of control (tomorrow we start the clemens fiasco). i know guys, right now, sitting in a federal pen for betting on horses who will do more time than anyone in this case. BETTING HORSES. you're telling me the system works ? sorry.

Light
07-05-2011, 11:38 PM
Jury made the right decision based on the evidence which was none. If she's a bad mother or a liar or a whore that doesn't mean she is a murderer. You have to PROVE it which is what makes this country different than a totalitarian regime.

Don't worry about justice for Caylee. If Casey did it,nature's law will catch up with her. In OJ's case,there was his dna mixed in with the deceased dna. I think the jury botched that one but where is OJ today? If she's guilty of murder it'll catch up to her.

redshift1
07-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Intresting commentary on the verdict as played out on the internet.

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/07/05/7019279-internet-explodes-over-casey-anthony-verdict

PhantomOnTour
07-06-2011, 12:00 AM
I don't think the jury blew it, the state did.
In my opinion she is culpable in some major way (she did it-she accidentally did it-she knows who did it-she helped whoever did it-etc...) but the state failed to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.
And that's that.

I have served on a jury before and I took my duty very seriously, as i should. I'm not saying there are never any shenanigans, esp in a high profile TV trial like this, but it's my belief that the jury took their civic duties seriously and rendered the verdict to the best of their abilities according to the laws of the land.

duncan04
07-06-2011, 12:05 AM
This child died at the hands of her mother. For logical people there is not any doubt about that, and even the members of the jury may agree with that. They would not convict because they felt that the state did not remove all doubt. The misunderstood their obligation to the state. Some cases are made entirely on circumstantial evidence, but this jury would not accept it, even though it was overwhelming. That is a shame. Because a child has died and her killer will be partying by friday night.

PaceAdvantage
07-06-2011, 03:56 AM
I was reading articles recently that were saying how the prosecution was not making its case based on the evidence. That the evidence just wasn't there to support these charges. So this verdict comes as no great surprise.

For the people who are outraged at the jury, what possible motive did they have for returning the verdict they did, other than it was the proper verdict under the law?

You can't tell me that Casey is just such a lovable character, that the jury fell for her and were simply swayed by all her positive characteristics and a pro-Casey media... :lol: :lol:

No, there is only one reason why the jury returned the verdict they did. And that's that the evidence presented did not convince them that the Prosecution had made their case.

judd
07-06-2011, 05:30 AM
at least oj was out looking for the killer :lol: :lol:

Tom
07-06-2011, 07:36 AM
When your baby is found thrown away in a swamp with duct tape over her mouth, and turns out she has been missing for a month while the mother is our whoring at bars, and then she interferes with the investigation and lies to the police, I would say the burned of proof is on HER.

The justice system failed here. It protected the wrong person.

I agree with light, though, she will burn in hell and, hopefully, karma will catch up to her in some other "just way."

ArlJim78
07-06-2011, 10:01 AM
This child died at the hands of her mother. For logical people there is not any doubt about that, and even the members of the jury may agree with that. They would not convict because they felt that the state did not remove all doubt. The misunderstood their obligation to the state. Some cases are made entirely on circumstantial evidence, but this jury would not accept it, even though it was overwhelming. That is a shame. Because a child has died and her killer will be partying by friday night.
If we knew that to be a fact she'd have been found guilty. How are you so sure of it? There is no forensic evidence that I know of to say she died at the hands of her mother.

Rather than overwhelming evidence, what I'm reading from experts is that this was a weak circumstantial case.

Like PA said, it is unlikely that all 12 jurors didn't understand the case, or were fond of Casey or believed her even. It wasn't like there was one stubborn holdout. after months of this trial they needed only hours to come back with a unanimous not-guilty. that doesn't sound like a strong case was made with overwhelming evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.

rastajenk
07-06-2011, 10:21 AM
What about abuse of a corpse, obstruction of justice, or any of dozens of other potential charges that this family is clearly guilty of? I don't get it. I'm all for honoring the verdict of a jury of one's peers and all that, but I'm not buying that somehow justice was served. Seems to me if you weave a web of a thousand lies, you can easily create "reasonable doubt." The fact that much of the evidence was circumstantial doesn't make it less credible. Jury failed.

canleakid
07-06-2011, 11:08 AM
FACT: Caylee is dead :( (RIP)

WHEN: unknown
HOW: unknown
WHY: unknown
WHO: unknown

Yes Casey is one messed & mixed up young lady, but the state failed to connect her to the WHEN,HOW,WHY & WHO beyond reasonable doubt, imho the state had a slam dunk case, public opinion and most of the news media on their side, and well they just blew it. A good defence beat a cocky offense.
Most of us are not HAPPY with the outcome, the 12 jurors did their thing and remember they are human and we all make mistakes. ALL of our could of, should of, would of will not buy us a cup of coffee, so after all the ranting and raving Caylee is still dead and the unsub remains unfound.

canleakid
07-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Zanny the Nanny :eek: Casey beware ;)

OntheRail
07-06-2011, 11:58 AM
You know I've spent more time handicapping for Breeder's Cup then this Jury did deliberating the evidence in this case. And did not understand the concept of REASONABLE DOUBT... not beyond all doubt. I think they removed Civics from the schools some years ago and replaced it with Music Video Studies or some other low attention level activity. This proves that Justice is not only blind but deaf and dumb as while.

This is UNBELIEVABLE.

cj's dad
07-06-2011, 12:06 PM
This case lacked all of the following:

Motive
Eyewitness
DNA
Confession

And, why the hell did the police, for over 30 days, ignore the calls of the man (who gave his name) that he believed he had found the body ?

magwell
07-06-2011, 12:18 PM
If this was a black or Hispanic child that went missing, does anyone think it would have been a "media reality show" like it was ?

canleakid
07-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Zenaida Gonzalez defamation lawsuit has now been rescheduled for February 13, 2012. There is a pretrial hearing on January 10, 2012.

On Wednesday, Zenaida's lawyer filed a "request for admissions."

Under Rule 1.370, Florida Rules of Civil Procedure, Zenaida requested that Casey Anthony admit the following within 30 days:

1. Admit that the story you told about "Zanny's" alleged abudction of Caylee Anthony was fabricated.

2. Admit that the Defendant, Zenaida Gonzalez, had nothing to do with the alleged abduction of Caylee Anthony.

3. Admit that Caylee Anthony drowned in your family pool.

4. Admit that Caylee Anthony's cause of death was drowning

the fun never ends!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

cj's dad
07-06-2011, 12:30 PM
the fun never ends!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't ya think this part of your post is in poor taste considering the topic ? Just asking.

canleakid
07-06-2011, 12:50 PM
NO not really the whole thing has been a joke (sad but a joke) I feel bad for Caylee cause I am human. But come on the case has been a joke, the trail a joke, no disrespect was intended !!!! sorry if you took it that way.

"Don't ya think this part of your post is in poor taste considering the topic ? Just asking"

Tom
07-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Her parents claim they are receiving death threats.
I would assume they are still lying and not investigate until there is a good reason to. Why waste resources?

Perhaps the cops should spend the next 31 nights in the local gin mills and then go take look-see. Whats the worst that could happen?

JustRalph
07-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Those of you who watch "The first 48" might find this a prime example of why the chance of conviction goes down about 50 percent after the first 48 hours.

This case was 30 days old before anybody even knew it existed. Physical evidence is so important in today's world where everybody watches CSI etc. Reasonable doubt is a much different animal today than it was 15 years ago. The dumbing down of the Jury pool is something to be pondered.

The circumstantial evidence in this case was overwhelming in my opine. The fact that Mom comes to court and lies on the stand about doing computer searches etc The dad is having affairs with the babysitters? What a mess.....

Ocala Mike
07-06-2011, 02:05 PM
so this is what keeps america great? you're saying because a jury was "insulted" the mother of a murdered baby walks ?

PA said it better than me. The State of Florida blew the case, not the jury.

Sad to contemplate that the bitch may someday be a mother again; hope she leaves the state/country/planet as soon as possible.

Ocala Mike

canleakid
07-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Rumors have it Casey in coming to Texas :mad: to live in Houston with some family. Houston thats Marshall Bennett home town

Marshall Bennett
07-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Rumors have it Casey in coming to Texas :mad: to live in Houston with some family. Houston thats Marshall Bennett home town
She's not my type. When she signs a few book deals and whatever else I may reconsider. :)

OntheRail
07-06-2011, 06:47 PM
This case lacked all of the following:

Motive
Eyewitness
DNA
Confession

And, why the hell did the police, for over 30 days, ignore the calls of the man (who gave his name) that he believed he had found the body ?

Motive is not required regardless of how many time they go on about it on the Crime Shows

Eyewitness... testimony is not 100%. Proven by scientific study.

DNA... lost in the swamp.

Confession... She did by her action and deed. She alone knew the child's whereabouts and interfered with the investigation.

What about the Duct Tape with hair embedded in the adhesive residue? Why was there a need to wrap the face if the child died in the pool... to keep the water in her lung?

As far as if this was a ethnic child... I think any other Mother would of called 911 if they fond their baby floating in the pool that is if you believe Jose Baez's claim. Cause we have not heard a word one way or the other from CA.

Let me ask this if the exact evidence was presented and the defendant was ethnic... would the out come be the same... how bout if she was fat and white what then?

As for the cop could this be a case of CYBA Cover Your Brother's Ass. But I agree shoddy work.

Frank DeMartini
07-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Here is my take on the Casey Anthong trial:

http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/2011/07/the-making-of-a-murderer/

Valuist
07-06-2011, 08:09 PM
When your baby is found thrown away in a swamp with duct tape over her mouth, and turns out she has been missing for a month while the mother is our whoring at bars, and then she interferes with the investigation and lies to the police, I would say the burned of proof is on HER.

The justice system failed here. It protected the wrong person.

I agree with light, though, she will burn in hell and, hopefully, karma will catch up to her in some other "just way."

:ThmbUp:

The justice system has failed....once again. Kind of like 16 years ago in Southern California. Lets hope Casey gets hers. Karma can be a bitch.

horses4courses
07-06-2011, 08:22 PM
The hot gossip celeb story of the year would be if CA shacked up with OJ.
As of yesterday, they suddenly have a lot in common.... ;)

JustRalph
07-06-2011, 11:52 PM
Those of you who watch "The first 48" might find this a prime example of why the chance of conviction goes down about 50 percent after the first 48 hours.

This case was 30 days old before anybody even knew it existed. Physical evidence is so important in today's world where everybody watches CSI etc. Reasonable doubt is a much different animal today than it was 15 years ago. The dumbing down of the Jury pool is something to be pondered.

The circumstantial evidence in this case was overwhelming in my opine. The fact that Mom comes to court and lies on the stand about doing computer searches etc The dad is having affairs with the babysitters? What a mess.....

http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/07/06/hoffmeister.anthony.jury/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
These guys gotta stop stealing my schtick.......... :mad:

JustRalph
07-06-2011, 11:53 PM
The hot gossip celeb story of the year would be if CA shacked up with OJ.
As of yesterday, they suddenly have a lot in common.... ;)

Considering he is in prison...... the shacking up part is going to be tough

canleakid
07-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Sentencing, wow the State looks flat, and would it kill the DA to use the words "thank you" just once ;)

canleakid
07-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Considering he is in prison...... the shacking up part is going to be tough

Double conjugal visits :D

slew101
07-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Judge sentences her to the maximum. Good for him.

She still will be out in a month. I think the defense and Anthony were shocked.

canleakid
07-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Judge sentences her to the maximum. Good for him.

She still will be out in a month. I think the defense and Anthony were shocked.

a month for all she did :eek: "Priceless" take it and run ;)

cj's dad
07-07-2011, 11:27 AM
ABC to pay CA $200,000 for exclusive rights to photos and video of her daughter.

Additionally, a report is out that the DA's office plans to file additional charges against her.

Side note- reported that she owes the IRS $68,000.

canleakid
07-07-2011, 11:35 AM
ABC to pay CA $200,000 for exclusive rights to photos and video of her daughter.

Just a drop in her bucket, now she has 'bout a month in jail to start working on her her book, and the sad thing the State of Fla. will keep paying for her upkeep ( a nice quite place to write her book)

canleakid
07-07-2011, 11:37 AM
July 13, 2011 is when Casey walks out :mad:

Rookies
07-07-2011, 11:39 AM

Somebody should start a campaign to boycott ABC ! The shameless, excess of paying blood money for a blood murder!

For what ? A Trailer Trash Nighline-r espisode ? :mad:

OntheRail
07-07-2011, 11:50 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/07/06/hoffmeister.anthony.jury/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
These guys gotta stop stealing my schtick.......... :mad:
This place is full of THINKERS... people that look at evidence and deduce the future outcome from PP's and toss in a little gut feeling to boot.

I think if this Jury had one... just one Handicapper in it the outcome would of been different.

The Bitch with be freed on the 13th of July... :ThmbDown:

slew101
07-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Agreed, but what would you expect from a network that offers "The Bachelor" and "Bachelorette," shows that take reality TV to the bottom of the barrel.

And a network owned by Disney. Nice.

Maybe she can make an appearance at the Magic Kingdom.

Somebody should start a campaign to boycott ABC ! The shameless, excess of paying blood money for a blood murder!

For what ? A Trailer Trash Nighline-r espisode ? :mad:

cj's dad
07-07-2011, 11:55 AM
Agreed, but what would you expect from a network that offers "The Bachelor" and "Bachelorette," shows that take reality TV to the bottom of the barrel.

And have an autograph session at $$$ per signature.

Marshall Bennett
07-07-2011, 12:02 PM

Bet Barbara Walters gets first interview as well. Hope Casey pulls a Linda Blair and throws up on the bitch.

Sugar Ron
07-07-2011, 12:47 PM
She should be able to land a job with that Gingrich 2012 campaign.

I hear they're lookin' for people ... lol.

canleakid
07-07-2011, 01:00 PM

If she goes to the Magic Kingdom she just might run into the jurors that helped her out :lol: :lol: :lol:

ArlJim78
07-07-2011, 01:18 PM
She should be able to land a job with that Gingrich 2012 campaign.

I hear they're lookin' for people ... lol.
not the smoothest humorous segue I have seen.

PaceAdvantage
07-07-2011, 06:04 PM
This place is full of THINKERS... people that look at evidence and deduce the future outcome from PP's and toss in a little gut feeling to boot.

I think if this Jury had one... just one Handicapper in it the outcome would of been different.

The Bitch with be freed on the 13th of July... :ThmbDown:I think they call this redboarding, don't they?

Tom
07-07-2011, 07:53 PM
She's already getting back in whore mode.
That might be the only other smell that will cut through her car.
The smell of slut.

The jury is getting death threats now.
I think there is reasonable doubt that anyone means them harm.
No sense bothering the police with this. Some one might have accidntally typed out a threat and accidentally sent it in.
You never know for sure.

canleakid
07-07-2011, 08:02 PM
FACTS AND ONLY FACTS per Jane Velez-Mitchell
Casey is young, sexy, attractive, white, middle class lady, (so just maybe that helped swing the jury :confused: ) so she should not have any problem finding a mate. She forgot the most important thing Casey will be rich too :bang:

Now Aphrodite Jones thinks Casey is just plain EVIL, and used her looks to sway the jury :confused:

cj's dad
07-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Now Aphrodite Jones thinks Casey is just plain EVIL, and used her looks to sway the jury :confused:

Now there's a real rocket scietist for ya'

OntheRail
07-08-2011, 01:09 AM
I think they call this redboarding, don't they?
Oh I don't know bout that... but I would not be opposed to Waterboarding the Anthony Clan till the truth comes out. ;)

Rapid Grey
07-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Bet Barbara Walters gets first interview as well. Hope Casey pulls a Linda Blair and throws up on the bitch.

That's right up Barbara's alley. Back in the day she interviewed one of the Menedez brothers who butchered their parents for their money. Although convicted Lyle (I think) had gotten married while in prison and had his new wife with him. Barbara just went on and on about what a tradgedy it was that he was so young and beautiful yet was confined to life behind bars.

What little respect I had for Walters was gone forever.

Marshall Bennett
07-08-2011, 11:25 AM
When Star Jones left the View and announced it live, Walters acted shocked and said she was surprised when in fact she had orchestrated her firing and later even admitted it.
She's a power hungry old hag that will be there at ABC till she's 100 if she lives that long.

lamboguy
07-08-2011, 11:45 AM
barbara walters has been on television networks for about the last 45 years. she must have done something right to be around for so long.

Tom
07-08-2011, 12:42 PM
She's lot like shingles - hard to get rid of.

Rapid Grey
07-08-2011, 01:22 PM
barbara walters has been on television networks for about the last 45 years. she must have done something right to be around for so long.

That's more of a testament about society than it is about her abilities imo. The Jerry Springer show has been around a long time too. ;)

rastajenk
07-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Dick Clark is still doing New Year's Eve shows, too. :eek:

JustRalph
07-08-2011, 02:17 PM

Affairs.........check out her history with the married AA Congressman, in the sixties

I am sure there are more out there.........she keeps quiet she keeps a job?

Wouldn't be the first time. did you miss her fawning over Weiner's wiener on the view? I believe she owns the majority of the show. She can say anything she wants

lamboguy
07-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Affairs.........check out her history with the married AA Congressman, in the sixties

I am sure there are more out there.........she keeps quiet she keeps a job?

Wouldn't be the first time. did you miss her fawning over Weiner's wiener on the view? I believe she owns the majority of the show. She can say anything she wantsnow this explains everything

Hanover1
07-08-2011, 07:22 PM

Additionally, a report is out that the DA's office plans to file additional charges against her.

Side note- reported that she owes the IRS $68,000.

What are these charges? Obstruction?

Pell Mell
07-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Why not charge the whole family with conspiracy?

Tom
07-09-2011, 10:17 AM
She lied and costs were incurred because o fit. She needs to pay all cost that she caused.

That is also part of our justice system.

lamboguy
07-09-2011, 10:36 AM
this girl is a dead ass blank in life. she is a poster child for what is wrong with our society. she wanted to have a baby and when she had her she wanted to go out and party. the death was probably an acident that someone tried to cover up in their dimented mind. now the baby is gone and she is going to be a millionaire from interviews and book deals and the baby is forgotten. casey anthony is now going to be rewarded by society for being a complete ass. when it comes down to it though, god is not going to reward this dope,

rastajenk
07-09-2011, 11:35 AM
And what about the defense team celebrating with champagne? Not enough scorn has been dumped on those a-holes yet. Somebody ought to post their names and pictures in an effort to make them social pariahs. :ThmbDown:

lamboguy
07-09-2011, 11:41 AM
And what about the defense team celebrating with champagne? Not enough scorn has been dumped on those a-holes yet. Somebody ought to post their names and pictures in an effort to make them social pariahs. :ThmbDown:i would have said that, but if the prosecution won the case they would have been celebrating at the very same cocktail lounge as they have before after winning prior cases. its one big circus and they turned it into a game of who could fool the jury best. in this particular case the defense did.

Greyfox
07-09-2011, 11:44 AM
And what about the defense team celebrating with champagne? Not enough scorn has been dumped on those a-holes yet. Somebody ought to post their names and pictures in an effort to make them social pariahs. :ThmbDown:

Whether your or I like the final verdict, my hat is off to the defense team for doing the job they had to do. Against huge odds they defended a very difficult case and deserve to celebrate. They did their job.
The scumbags here are Jane Velasquez and Nancy Grace who provided slanted coverage on a daily basis combing the public mass mind to assume she was guilty. Well, may she was. But the evidence didn't support a conviction.

canleakid
07-09-2011, 11:45 AM
The Math Major at the The Orange County Corrections department originally stated that Anthony would be released on July 13, but later revised the projected date to July 17, but still this year :bang:

OntheRail
07-09-2011, 12:39 PM
The Math Major at the The Orange County Corrections department originally stated that Anthony would be released on July 13, but later revised the projected date to July 17, but still this year :bang:
Or are they just giving the bitch a 4 day head start?

Marshall Bennett
07-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Whether your or I like the final verdict, my hat is off to the defense team for doing the job they had to do. Against huge odds they defended a very difficult case and deserve to celebrate. They did their job.
The scumbags here are Jane Velasquez and Nancy Grace who provided slanted coverage on a daily basis combing the public mass mind to assume she was guilty. Well, may she was. But the evidence didn't support a conviction.
Well said. :ThmbUp:
Nancy Grace seems to use arrogance as a tool to promote herself in her own self interest. Her track record speaks for itself and it's not good. She has no choice but to resort to this tactic.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2011, 11:50 PM
now the baby is gone and she is going to be a millionaire from interviews and book deals I'll believe this when I see it...

Grits
07-10-2011, 09:18 PM
I pray not.

Rookies
07-10-2011, 09:30 PM
In Canada, some of the most notorious convicted killers have been prevented from getting this type of blood money.

Of course, the operative word here is:

CONVICTED:mad:

canleakid
07-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Casey is a FREE woman (no pun intended :rolleyes: ) til the next time and their will be a next time. Any crime she gets convicted of will carry the MAX :cool:

Storm Cadet
07-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Casey is advertising for a new job already!

https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/270459_10150233827372063_670602062_7913986_6883161 _s.jpg

JustRalph
07-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Some Juror's in hiding. One retired from her job over the phone because she feared her co-workers. Amazing turn this thing has taken.

Nancy Grace will use this crap to negotiate a big raise in her next contract. Funny how the upcoming trial and two years plus worth of coverage fed everybody in the cable news biz but only now provides a huge bonus due to the "surprise verdict"

If she had been convicted a couple of days coverage on what kind of sentence she would receive is all we would hear. We are going into week two now? is that right? I am sure they are going to drag this coverage out for another month.

Tom
07-10-2011, 10:34 PM
She has already arranged for a ride home from jail next week.....

canleakid
07-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Bierbike is a cool thing, our beloved city council is rethinking the permit they issued here for one on 6th. Street :confused: anyway hope the next BIG jury trial is a long long way down the road, memo to Rogeroid Clemens:
Jose Baze is a hell of a closer :lol: just saying :p

lamboguy
07-11-2011, 01:08 AM
I pray not.
the only thing i hope for now is that casey anthony never has another child in this world. she can have the stupid money that the sick people in this world are going to give her. the girl is either a stone cold killer or just a real stupid idiot. either way she is a useless selfish person. the money won't do her any good anyway.

canleakid
07-12-2011, 06:30 PM
latest rumor Casey is go to live in Purto Rico (not the 51st. state) "adios" :rolleyes:

rastajenk
07-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Do her handlers think they don't get news down there?

Tom
07-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Maybe they have more swampland there.

canleakid
07-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Admirers and supporters from as far away as Canada have sent money to Casey Anthony. :confused: As of Thursday, Anthony had earned $472.18 — almost $200 :eek: more than she had the day she received the verdict. An average inmate's account balance at the jail checked in at $36.30, according to department records.

cj's dad
08-12-2011, 01:09 PM
http://articles.cnn.com/2011-08-01/justice/florida.casey.anthony.probation_1_amy-huizenga-circuit-judge-stan-strickland-check-fraud?_s=PM:CRIME

Actor
08-12-2011, 01:24 PM
She's not going back to jail. She just has to serve probation in Florida.

As long as Casey has been booted back to the top...

A lot of people seem to be upset at the thought that Casey might make some money from all the publicity. But do the math. Suppose Casey gets $1,000,000 for an interview.

About $350,000 would go for taxes.
Casey owes about $500,000 in fees, fines, court costs, etc.
She's being sued by at least two parties.

I suspect this will eat up all the million.Thus:

The Federal government and the state of Florida collect some taxes.
The court gets paid.
Injuried parties collect something.
Casey gets nothing.

A win-win for everyone but Casey.

canleakid
08-12-2011, 02:37 PM
the drama still keeps going and going

redshift1
08-13-2011, 04:51 AM
Florida can't bear the loneliness of Casey-less Orlando. Like an Obsessive-compulsive lover Florida needs to hold her close. Spurned over and over the state is reduced to frivolous legal actions to what purpose?

Probation for check fraud after three years of jail time... what, you meet with a P.O. once a month? and that couldn't be served in another state?

Flordia is rewriting their legal system where an acquittal is now considered a crime: punishable by exorbitant fines and unending petty harassment.

Tom
08-13-2011, 11:06 AM
Her lawyers say that if she has to return, her life will be in danger.

Tough. Her problem. Next time, don't murder your baby.