PDA

View Full Version : DQ in Hollywoods 8th race (5-30)

andymays
05-30-2011, 08:03 PM
I thought they should have left it alone. There was a lot of bumping but Mike Smith didn't do anything wrong and neither did the horse. The horse inside him came out a little and the horse outside him came in a little.

Tough beat for the connections.

trackrat59
05-30-2011, 08:14 PM
I think the #1 should have come down. To my eye the #3 came over to the inside and then straightened out. Just at that split second the #1 went for what was left of the hole causing the bumping and interference.

Now that Mike is all pissed off he should win this next race. LOCK :ThmbUp:

Mineshaft
05-30-2011, 08:17 PM
screwed me out the Pick 4 although the first 2 legs were chalk

im spread like an eagle in the 3rd and 4th legs

:1: :2: :3: :4: :6: :7: :8:

:1: :3: :4: :7: :8: :10:

trackrat59
05-30-2011, 08:22 PM
Sorry to anyone it screwed up. Bad way to lose. :bang: :mad: :faint:

Stillriledup
05-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Ya know what, i can totally see this as a DQ. Watching live i was like "chantal crashed into Mike" and nothing will change, but watching it again, you can see that Mike really bulled thru a hole that wasn't really there. I think this was the right call.

toussaud
05-30-2011, 08:55 PM
it makes me mad because the horse clearly could have went around them. he was that much the best

sandpit
05-30-2011, 09:21 PM
it makes me mad because the horse clearly could have went around them. he was that much the best

Smith loves to go out around horses...I thought he was gonna run up the http://paceadvantage.com/forum/images/SCNums/7.jpg's rear end until he took the right turn. Whoever played the http://paceadvantage.com/forum/images/SCNums/4.jpg had to be happy with that payoff.

Some_One
05-30-2011, 09:23 PM
Easiest DQ you can make, especially after watching the headon, Chantal's horse got bumped a path or so outside from the contact, very reckless ride by Smith.

andymays
05-30-2011, 09:26 PM
There was an enormous hole there when he decided to make his move. Where did it go? I don't think the incident altered the order of finish either.

Relwob Owner
05-30-2011, 09:42 PM
I watched it about 10 times and totally agree......unrelated to it but one thing I did notice is that Chantal glanced over over to the horse on her outside coming into the stretch to see how close they were and then preceded to wack her horse left handed which seemed to be a questionable move, as her horse then drifted out a bit.

dansan
05-30-2011, 09:58 PM
that was a rookie ride by mike smith never should have been in that spot didnt even need to watch replay knew he was coming down

Relwob Owner
05-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Sorry bout that....post 10 was not specific and I meant to say I totally agree the horse should have come down.....Smith was reckless and I wonder if he will get days for it.

Greyfox
05-30-2011, 10:09 PM
He had to come down. While forcing his way through a hole, he bounced #3 pretty hard twice.

Sandysix
05-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Chantal gave a very sloppy ride,she went left handed coming out of the turn giving up your lane horse drifted out bothered the outside horse.Then she tried to comeback to the lane which Mike was going for also.I understand the call but if she maintain your lane the best horse could have won the race!I said could because Mike would have had to swing outside.

toussaud
05-30-2011, 10:27 PM
Chantal gave a very sloppy ride,she went left handed coming out of the turn giving up your lane horse drifted out bothered the outside horse.Then she tried to comeback to the lane which Mike was going for also.I understand the call but if she maintain your lane the best horse could have won the race!I said could because Mike would have had to swing outside.
honestly, she had no business losing the 2nd race today either. And I wanted to bet on smug but tossed her because of chantel

she is not a very good rider. at least, not as good as people make her out to be. needs to put on some muscle. i don't even think that's it. she's just sloppy.

dansan
05-30-2011, 10:57 PM
she wasnt going to beat the #4