PDA

View Full Version : Delta Race 2

sq764
11-01-2003, 08:35 PM
Um, what happened at Delata Downs Race 2??

I bet this 3 horse to win and place.. during the race, the horse was 22/1, after the finish, he was 23/1, when I am now seeing the prices, he paid $36.60 to win. They had a delay of about 5 minutes for prices after the race was over.

I understand late money from simo, but this is a joke..

chrisg
11-01-2003, 10:27 PM
I played a winner tonight elsewhere, (turf route) was 12-1 til turning for home and dropping to 8-1...wire to wire winner...I'm not pleased by the the LATE LATE LATE change.

Yeah, they care about the player and no one has an advantage...

kenwoodallpromos
11-01-2003, 11:40 PM
There is no cancel delay at Delta Downs! But at Colonial Downs you can cancel your ticket up to 12 seconds AFTER the race starts!! TRA.COM.

PurplePower
11-03-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by sq764
Um, what happened at Delata Downs Race 2??

I bet this 3 horse to win and place.. during the race, the horse was 22/1, after the finish, he was 23/1, when I am now seeing the prices, he paid $36.60 to win. They had a delay of about 5 minutes for prices after the race was over.

I understand late money from simo, but this is a joke..

Delta is still on the low end of the food chain when it comes to technology. Any odds change after a few seconds into a race (I'd give em 15) should not happen. In the case of Delta, however, even if ALL the WPS money was bet in the win pool of race 2(using the Equibase pool totals) it would only take $200 of win money to move odds from 23-1 to 17-1. That would only be $20 to WIN from 10 sattelite wagering outlets. I haven't seen where any tote company has announced an upgrade to the antiquated system of money transfer. Besides, they may be "giving away" $200,000 in purse money a day, but their "net" entire straight wager pools total less than that.