PDA

View Full Version : WTF TwinSpires!?!

FreeExperience
05-29-2011, 09:06 AM
Last night I'm all ready to fund my account, start buying PPs, and finally laying down some real money.

I went to TwinSpires, put in my username and password, and I got a screen saying that my account has been "Temporarily Suspended". That made no sense because I haven't funded my account yet.

I sent an email to their customer support and after a few back and forth messages, they said that my "Temporary Suspension" was because there had been no action on my account. WTF!?!?!

Is this normal? When I was a Full Tilt player, I could come back anytime, after any sort of vacation, etc... and my account would be ready to go in an instant.

Do you have any help or suggestions for another ADW that is reputable and player oriented?

Tom
05-29-2011, 10:07 AM
What a great way for our game to welcome new players.!

TS has always been a Jerk-fest IMHO.

Robert Goren
05-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Call them. They will straighten it out over the phone. Using FTP poker as an example is puzzling to say the least. I am still waiting for my money from them. I got my money from stars almost a month ago. It is beginning to be a sore point with me. Have you gotten your money?

xfile
05-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Last night I'm all ready to fund my account, start buying PPs, and finally laying down some real money.

I went to TwinSpires, put in my username and password, and I got a screen saying that my account has been "Temporarily Suspended". That made no sense because I haven't funded my account yet.

I sent an email to their customer support and after a few back and forth messages, they said that my "Temporary Suspension" was because there had been no action on my account. WTF!?!?!

Is this normal? When I was a Full Tilt player, I could come back anytime, after any sort of vacation, etc... and my account would be ready to go in an instant.

Do you have any help or suggestions for another ADW that is reputable and player oriented?
How long was your account sitting without action?

FreeExperience
05-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Have you gotten your money?

Full Tilt has yet to send me my money. After Black Friday, I was going to use my Full Tilt money as a beginning to my Horseplay bankroll, but the cashouts aren't going through yet.

How long was your account sitting without action?

About a month, BUT I was logging in everyday, usually more than once; sending messages to customer support when I had questions about the website and different features that were new to me.

The only thing I hadn't done was make a first deposit.

xfile
05-29-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm surprised they did that with only a month. Especially if you had been logging in. I guess they have their policies for whatever reason.

GameTheory
05-29-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm surprised they did that with only a month. Especially if you had been logging in. I guess they have their policies for whatever reason.I have left my TwinSpires account dormant for months at a time, but with a few bucks sitting in it. Never had it suspended -- they do turn of video access if you're not wagering.

Horseplayersbet shut-off my account pretty quickly for non-activity, but I gather he is trying to keep video leeches away (why not just shut off video access?). But he states quite clearly that I can get it turned back on at any time easily.

And now that I'm typing this I remember I opened an America's ADW account when Ian offered a promotion a month ago or so and then I promptly forgot about it. Guess I need to go fund that before they shut it off...

adwplayingfool
05-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Don't get me wrong as I don't like the policy either, but the reasn they do it is because people will go in and use video or handicapping services then go bet their $ offshore. They don't want people free loading so they want at least an occasional bet or two here and there. Had a similar thing happen with one of my many adws in the past and that is how they explained it to me.

Horseplayersbet.com
05-29-2011, 11:30 AM
I have left my TwinSpires account dormant for months at a time, but with a few bucks sitting in it. Never had it suspended -- they do turn of video access if you're not wagering.

Horseplayersbet shut-off my account pretty quickly for non-activity, but I gather he is trying to keep video leeches away (why not just shut off video access?). But he states quite clearly that I can get it turned back on at any time easily.

And now that I'm typing this I remember I opened an America's ADW account when Ian offered a promotion a month ago or so and then I promptly forgot about it. Guess I need to go fund that before they shut it off...
I generally give new customers a couple of weeks to fund their account. We don't have the capabilities yet to just shut off video and replays, though that is one the agenda.
I have been pretty good about not shutting off accounts who have played. I generally give them a good month and a half of inactivity before I temporarily suspend the account, though that time frame could change due to the growth we are experiencing.

Video and replay does cost money, and there is no charge for it at Horseplayersbet.com. The only thing I ask is the account stay active.

And as you pointed out, it is very easy to get your account activated again when you are ready to play.

BetPTC
05-29-2011, 12:30 PM
TwinSpires isn't being evil. Oregon rules require a minimum deposit to open an account. This goes for any ADW licensed there, including us (and HPB). If you opened your account and didn't fund it, according to the rule, they have to turn it off until you do.

It's simply a licensing issue. Although unlikely, any ADW licensed there could be fined or have their license suspended for violating the rule. And yes, we do get audited on new accounts periodically.

Given that there can be great difficulty for some people to fund an account (UIGEA) the ADWs will normally give a new account holder a bit of time to get money in the account before suspending it. In our case we normally wait 30 days, and then temporarily suspend the account until a deposit is made.

My guess is since you stated that you hadn't funded your account yet, this is what happened. Calling customer service and making a deposit would get this cleared up in minutes I suspect.