PDA

View Full Version : Thoroughbred Report Card Wizard available for download

douglasw32
05-28-2011, 01:21 AM
I would like to again thank Raybo for an excellent tool, with AllData and the previous versions of handifast that headhawg and Handiman polished, I have been able to test and retest many of the angles that started out with the crazy ideas of horse racing that my wife had when I first introduced her to the sport-and grew into a cooperative effort to create software that was 100% free-

I also want to again thank PA himself for space on the forum, all of the users that gave me there "special" insights and formulas to take into consideration, all the users who contributed to my learning of programming (and google).

I finally have a program that I am in LOVE with.

The new program can be downloaded here.

http://localpcpros.com/handifast/

TRC_Wizard_setup.exe

What it does is fairly straight forward.

Generates a Power Rating, Sorts by that. Shows basic information on the race and horses, incorporates a custom modified Speed Figure and bris's Early/Late pace numbers.

Enjoy.

As soon as I get the source code cleaned up I will upload that also.

raybo
05-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Doug,

You're welcome! I'll be sure to check out your latest release.

Thanks for your time, energy and "giving" spirit!

douglasw32
05-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Thanks John for pointing out the fact that the first lifetime race was not showing for every horse.

I fixed the bug, anyone who downloaded the setup in the last 24 hours should go back and get the one there now.

I named it different so you could tell.

f_TRC_Wizard_setup.exe (f in front for fixed)

It will just install over the previous one if you have already installed.

btw- this program should be completely portable, it can run out of any folder and pick up race cards from any folder and works under wine in linux.

The report being in html format works if emailed to any smartphone.

Exotic1
05-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Douglas, Thanks for sharing.

punteray
05-28-2011, 12:54 PM
Doug

Any chance of adding ".mcp" files?

Ray Scalise

Vinnie
05-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Doug:

Thanks a million for sharing all of your fine Handifast and HHV versions. They can be very devastating at finding nice horses in not only T-Bred but for the Quarters as well. I use Vers. 6 HHV2.1 and Handifast V 7 as well to help me to isolate strong plays and I'm often very successful in P4's even using very small ticket configurations. This is most definitely yet another awesome tool to add to the handicapping arsenal.

A HUGE thank you goes out to you, Handi and Headhawg for your phenomenal generosity.

All the BEST to you and yours! :)

headhawg
05-28-2011, 02:03 PM
A HUGE thank you goes out to you, Handi and Headhawg for your phenomenal generosity.It's nice to hear that you are getting good use of the programs. I'm sorry I haven't been able to add improvements to HHX as of yet but it's on my to-do list. ;)

Version 3 out in a month or so. Stay tuned.

dartman51
05-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Doug, first, let me thank you for your continued efforts to help all of us here. I do have a question about your newest effort. I downloaded, installed and ran the program as usual. Opened up AP, and I must say, I like the now look. When I opened BEL, I noticed that it included the AP horses mixed in with the BEL. If I close AP, and run BEL alone, all is well. With previous versions, I could open as many different tracks as I wanted. Is this a BUG, or is this the NORM?

Thanks again for all you do. :ThmbUp:

I think I found the answer, so please disregard. I didn't notice that you had to EXIT after processing each card.

THANKS AGAIN!!

Vinnie
05-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Headhawg:

Greetings! I hope that you are well? :) Thank you for everything you guys do!! I love every version of Handifast and HHV2, etc.. I really look forward to seeing Version 3 when you put it out sir.

"YOU ARE THE MAN"!

Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

douglasw32
05-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Doug

Ray Scalise

Well crap I thought I did. Yes that is easy to do.

douglasw32
05-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Doug, first, let me thank you for your continued efforts to help all of us here. I do have a question about your newest effort. I downloaded, installed and ran the program as usual. Opened up AP, and I must say, I like the now look. When I opened BEL, I noticed that it included the AP horses mixed in with the BEL. If I close AP, and run BEL alone, all is well. With previous versions, I could open as many different tracks as I wanted. Is this a BUG, or is this the NORM?

Thanks again for all you do. :ThmbUp:

I think I found the answer, so please disregard. I didn't notice that you had to EXIT after processing each card.

THANKS AGAIN!!

=) No problem and yep you got it.

douglasw32
05-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Doug

Ray Scalise

I downloaded a .MCP file and it worked ?

douglasw32
05-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Doug:

Thanks a million for sharing all of your fine Handifast and HHV versions. They can be very devastating at finding nice horses in not only T-Bred but for the Quarters as well. I use Vers. 6 HHV2.1 and Handifast V 7 as well to help me to isolate strong plays and I'm often very successful in P4's even using very small ticket configurations. This is most definitely yet another awesome tool to add to the handicapping arsenal.

A HUGE thank you goes out to you, Handi and Headhawg for your phenomenal generosity.

All the BEST to you and yours! :)

This works with Quarter Horses also.

Vinnie
05-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Thank you Doug.

Have a fantastic holiday weekend. :)

dartman51
05-28-2011, 06:21 PM
Doug,

I apologize for asking, but could you possibly put the previous version of TRC back up. Like a dumb ass, let the NEW version overwrite the old, and I really didn't want to lose the previous version. :blush:

Thanks.

douglasw32
05-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Oh boy.... um, not sure... let me look for it.

douglasw32
05-28-2011, 10:54 PM
I think it is back

dartman51
05-28-2011, 11:31 PM
I think it is back

Thanks Doug, you're the best. :ThmbUp:

fight
05-29-2011, 10:59 AM
you are the best. after headhawg

douglasw32
05-29-2011, 11:15 AM
:lol:

punteray
05-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Doug

I did not "DOWNLOAD" a file but tried to use an existing MCP file from my existing database files.

Ray

headhawg
05-29-2011, 12:33 PM
you are the best. after headhawg The things that people will say when you owe them 20 bucks. :lol:

Thanks fight. :)

douglasw32
05-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Ray- What is it that is not working out?
does it not "see" the file or not read it and produce output ?

punteray
05-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Doug

NOo matter what file I select it shows BMT! 2011-6-1. Where should the files be located? Maybe that is my problem!!!

Ray

Gail
05-29-2011, 02:40 PM
could you explain to me the proper way to use the program? i am not sure where the ajusted dpped igure is or wher the other ithe other items are that you have talked about. i guess what i am reall y saying is can you explain to me how to ust the program . thanks Gail

douglasw32
05-29-2011, 02:46 PM
Ray- I really do not know, can you send me one of the files your using to the dwood45@stny.rr.com

douglasw32
05-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Gail- I will write up some instructions and post them

douglasw32
05-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Try Running these two files here.

http://localpcpros.com/handifast/Support%20Files/

The library one will leave behind a shortcut on your desktop to "check your computers speed" just delete it.

Then try the race card over again and see if it produces output.

mabred
05-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Douglas

not a complaint but after reading the extended running lines at belmont today

there seems to be a lot of duplication.Maybe it

comes that way from the bris file I use MCP files.

thanks for sharing
good job

mabred

dartman51
05-29-2011, 06:43 PM
Douglas

thanks for sharing
good job

mabred

You may be doing what I was doing. You MUST close the program after you run EACH track. If you don't, the tracks will duplicate and mingle. :ThmbUp:

douglasw32
05-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Douglas

thanks for sharing
good job

mabred

Yep be sure to close the program in between running cards. I am trying to fix that

netbet
05-31-2011, 12:03 PM
All,

I've downloaded the software, installed the 2 support files and then tried to run the 5/31 DelPark file through and I am only seeing the Belmont output.

Patrick

punteray
05-31-2011, 12:28 PM
NETBET

I have the same problem (see post #24)

Doug is looking into it (I hope!)

Ray

Partsnut
05-31-2011, 12:43 PM
I always appreciate the free software and downloaded it today.

Unfortunately Microsoft Security Essentials indicated that I got a little more then I bargained for.
Here's the message I received:

douglasw32
05-31-2011, 01:34 PM
Parsnut- Interesting

http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Threat/Encyclopedia/Entry.aspx?Name=Win32%2fFakeSecSen

This is what malewarebytes gives me..

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 6348

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

5/31/2011 1:32:47 PM
mbam-log-2011-05-31 (13-32-47).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 1
Time elapsed: 16 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

BUT !
I make a living removing this crap and I did use a free installer to package it so take no chances !!!!

Everyone uninstall it- it may just be a false positive with MS Security Essentials but take it off your systems and run An antivirus and malware scan to be safe, it is not worth the risk !!!!

I will repackage it as just a zip file, correct the bugs pointed out so far and reupload it.

KyRacer
05-31-2011, 02:48 PM
Ray and netbet,

Try right clicking on the file or shortcut, and Run As Administrator. I was having the same problem. When I clicked on the file normally, it would open and seem to process the file but the output to my browser wouldn't change. Now it works fine. I'm running Windows 7 pro 64 bits.

KyRacer

punteray
05-31-2011, 03:16 PM
Run as administrator----I got this message "comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: afile is missing or invalid.

Will wait for new download!!!

Ray

dartman51
05-31-2011, 04:20 PM
Ray and netbet,

Try right clicking on the file or shortcut, and Run As Administrator. I was having the same problem. When I clicked on the file normally, it would open and seem to process the file but the output to my browser wouldn't change. Now it works fine. I'm running Windows 7 pro 64 bits.

KyRacer

Interesting.....I'm running it on Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit with a Quad Core machine, and it runs fine. I do have a couple of programs that I have to "run as administrator", but not this one. That's curious. Oh, and NO problems with a virus or malware either. :ThmbUp:

douglasw32
06-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Well this project is on hold people...sorry, on my way for a Appendectomy
Be out of service for a few weeks

PaceAdvantage
06-01-2011, 01:17 AM
Well this project is on hold people...sorry, on my way for a Appendectomy
Be out of service for a few weeksShoot...sorry to hear that Doug...get well soon!

Tom
06-01-2011, 07:16 AM
Hey Doug, hope all goes well.
Take care!

mmdorn
06-01-2011, 07:41 AM
Hi Doug,

Good luck and get well soon.

Take Care,

Mike

BIG HIT
06-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Doug sorry to hear you have the miss fortune.Hope all go well

permenbg
06-01-2011, 12:33 PM
big hit

can you tell me if TRC_Wizard_setup.exe is the new TRC and if it is where can i fine it. does it go by another name. i went to http://localpcpros.com/handifast/
, but did not see it

thanks
permenbg
bpermenter@gt.rr.com
bobby

raybo
06-01-2011, 01:58 PM
big hit

can you tell me if TRC_Wizard_setup.exe is the new TRC and if it is where can i fine it. does it go by another name. i went to http://localpcpros.com/handifast/
, but did not see it

thanks
permenbg
bpermenter@gt.rr.com
bobby

Bobby,
It's supposed to be this:

f_TRC_Wizard_setup.exe (f in front for fixed)

But I don't see either the one you mentioned or the "fixed" one on the linked site. Maybe he took it down for some reason?

raybo
06-01-2011, 02:06 PM
big hit

, but did not see it

thanks
permenbg
bpermenter@gt.rr.com
bobby

Bobby,

I re-read the previous posts by Doug and, after there was a suspected "bug" in the installer, he took it down and was going to repackage it as a .zip file, but then he had his medical problem and the .zip file never got put up on the site.

Looks like you'll have to wait until he gets back from his surgery/recuperation.

douglasw32
06-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Thanks everyone, wow what a ride, not exactly like getting a cavity filled but not really open heart surgery either.

Lots of morphine, now just R&R for 3 weeks, but as I am bored as hell I am working on fixing up the previously released program that had some problems.

Soon to be back

raybo
06-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Thanks everyone, wow what a ride, not exactly like getting a cavity filled but not really open heart surgery either.

Lots of morphine, now just R&R for 3 weeks, but as I am bored as hell I am working on fixing up the previously released program that had some problems.

Soon to be back

Doug,

Hope you're doing well! All the best in your recupe.

douglasw32
06-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Going to start a new post with Instructions, Changes, How to's etc.